User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    IEE

YES! Ahh, it's causing me so many problems because I should be getting myself on a career path right now, but there are so many things I can see myself doing. It's not that I don't know who I am, but I don't know which part of myself to cater to/develop. It's also annoying because I may meet someone while in one mode, and then they expect that that's who I am, so they either don't bother getting to know the other sides, or pressure me to be that certain way always..

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Okay, but im talking about how this relating to other happens. This respomding to other i think comes from what i said and this not feeling what the other person feels and responding to how you feel is the result of compromise that i said on other post.
    Anyways you said that you take the role of nurturer when you see your friend crying, right? Now if you met other friend who was all happy, would you still take the role of nurturer? I doubt.
    Then if you compare for example an INTP to ENFP and how easily they take this role of nurturer, INTP would need a stronger stimuli(friend feeling worse) to take this role. And the strenght of the role, ENFP would be more intense nurturer(stronger role) than an INTP.
    actually, my natural tendency would be to do a 180 and become more introverted and slightly melancholy. I have this horrible natural instinct to always want to be in the opposite mood of those I'm around. for instance,during the first week of high school, most people were all shy and timid, so I was talkative, extroverted, outrageous and thinking "why the hell is everyone so damn boring?" when everyone did start talking/getting comfortable, I began thinking "wow, these people are stupid, I'm just going to daydream because I'm cooler than they are". that is not to say that I'm proud of this tendency, it's incredibly unproductive and draining to people, but it's something I have to deal with. perhaps this is just my 7w8 side wanting to make a scene? or maybe I'm an attention whoring 3w4 in counter passion "getting attention by ignoring people" mode
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I dont think its more roles, but more like going on with the role more strongly, turning the role on easily and switching between these roles more rapidly. I think it has to do with the strong empathy that ENFPs have, taking the role so easily and strongly because of the strong mirroring of the other person
    I disagree. I find that ENTP's can also also be extremely dynamic. I think this is more Ne - P in general. Anyone can have strong empathy (thought you see it with feelers) . It seems that either Ne dom with poorly developed aux function seems to shift and change dramatically. This is because they are anchoring them to only the external moment or stimuli without weighing it up with fi or ti. Explain why your attributing this to emapthy, cause I'm not following....
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I disagree. I find that ENTP's can also also be extremely dynamic. I think this is more Ne - P in general. Anyone can have strong empathy (thought you see it with feelers) . It seems that either Ne dom with poorly developed aux function seems to shift and change dramatically. This is because they are anchoring them to only the external moment or stimuli without weighing it up with fi or ti. Explain why your attributing this to emapthy, cause I'm not following....
    ENTPs are more consistent though. they lack the depth dimension that Fi gives to ENFPs
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ENTPs are more consistent though. they lack the depth dimension that Fi gives to ENFPs
    Whoa, I see what you mean. It's like wearing 3D glasses.

[Your Fi really pops.]

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I dunno. I agree that they don't flux in the emotional sense like we do, but I've seen ENTP's be extremely contradictory in their roles. I knew one ENTP that went from going to school as a philosophy major, really liberal and soft-science focused, to joining the army, to getting kicked out of the army for selling ecstacy where he was stationed, to developing a drug addiction, to getting drug treatment and joining up with a strong organized religion, all in about 18 months. Ofcourse this can be attributed to being young, or directionless, or addicted to drugs.. but it's definately not the first ENTP I've seen flip sides dramatically. *shrugs*

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

my point is, that if it is ONLY atributed to empathy.. why don't we see INFP's as so dynamic? Or do we? I really think it links back to Ne dom.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Whoa, I see what you mean. It's like wearing 3D glasses.

[Your Fi really pops.]
    I didn't word that too well. ENTPs are intellectually deep, but not usually emotionally deep like ENFPs are. ENTPs are much more consistent behaviorally usually easy to spot; ENFPs can look like anything from Ellen Digeneres to Darth Vader to Casanova
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Okay, but im talking about how this relating to other happens. This respomding to other i think comes from what i said and this not feeling what the other person feels and responding to how you feel is the result of compromise that i said on other post.

Anyways you said that you take the role of nurturer when you see your friend crying, right? Now if you met other friend who was all happy, would you still take the role of nurturer? I doubt.

Then if you compare for example an INTP to ENFP and how easily they take this role of nurturer, INTP would need a stronger stimuli(friend feeling worse) to take this role. And the strenght of the role, ENFP would be more intense nurturer(stronger role) than an INTP.
    totally agreed...and certain people can flip your silly switch and others never do...or someone can put you into intellectual, philosophical mode just as others only see you as light and easy breezy...or whatever...it's certainly not intentional...and i often have the experience of wishing i could be certain ways with someone that i am with someone else...but...it just never comes..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    my point is, that if it is ONLY atributed to empathy.. why don't we see INFP's as so dynamic? Or do we? I really think it links back to Ne dom.
    I agree, saying it's because of empathy alone is an F generalization. I think what it is is that other than the E, everything else about us is I. Ne is ambiverted, Fi is highly introverted, Te is more geared toward problem solving than people. these 3 functions also have drastically different effects on the personality
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!