User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This is the most hilarious thing I've read in days! VICKY JO? Hoo boy.

Yeah, I read Vicky Jo like two years ago.

You might want to expand outward a little.
    Let me guess, shes an INTJ too right?
    Ground control to Major Tom

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Let me guess, shes an INTJ too right?
    Not at all!

Just quite possibly the most obnoxious NFJ on the face of the earth.

I don't think her info is very objective, and she's kind of sketch in general...she told this guy on Personality Cafe not to tell anyone he was ISFP because of the way he'd be perceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    This won't be the first thread on how one struggles with being an NF male. And it won't be the last. I guess I was hoping for advice on how to be a good friend to my INFJ male friends when they are feeling the weight of society's expectations on them. Up until this point, the only thing I can think of is to whack 'em on the back of the head in the way Gibbs does to DiNozzo on NCIS.
    Yes and this won't be the first thread where you harp on INFJs and it won't be the last where you show your inclination toward violence against them.

It has been my experience that male INFJs can be maddening in their obstinacy (far more so than their female counterparts). I oscillate between wanting to hug them and wanting to whack ‘em in the back of the head.
    Those INFJ males are slippery devils aren't they? Soul-stealing creatures. And very kissable... even when I want to occasionally whack 'em on the back of the head.
    But they can also (even within a good INFJ / ENFP relationship) have moments that they want to backhand each other.
    This dynamic may be what simultaneously draws INFJs/ENFPs together... and makes them occasional want to backhand each other.
    Oh.... my dear INFJs.... even when they need a good kick in the *ss, I (usually) adore them.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think INFJs also seek out ESTP type behaviors because they secretly admire the freedom it affords, some of the "coolest" people IMO appear to be ESTP types with nothing to lose and who go out with no plans, no agendas, just sheer force of will and dominate as they see fit, Tyler Durden-esque... to an INFJ who feels weak and out of control that type of power is very seductive. Especially for a dude who is a constant overthinker, worried about the future, how he will affect those around him, who wants and wants and wants but holds back in order to be sure until its too late, ESTPs go out and TAKE... INFJ males kind of envy that in a way.
    The 1st mistake you made is to beleive that INFJs are actually gentleman. In the realm of Ni and Ti there is a lot of cold calculate precision, Fe doesnt always come across as caring and warmth, sometimes it comes across as pushy and aggressive and in control. Add Se to the mix and its pretty easy to see how this can come about.

I find myself going in and out of ESTP periods, INFJ when I want to build, ESTP when I want to destroy. INFJ when I feel somewhat comfortable and I feel as though I have things to lose and I play cautious, ESTP when I feel left out and I have nothing to lose and I need to win and conquer in order to feel safe again. I figure most INFJ males bounce back and forth between these modes as they are both a part of the same mind.

I tend to act more assholeish and ESTPish and malewhoreish when I am single, I hurt more people, I take more risks and I feel more invulnerable. When I am with someone I care about I feel as though I have to reign in all my excess so I can keep things flowing, and harmonized. 2 sides of the same coin IMO.
    This is reminiscent of an INFJ male friend of mine. He often seems to have a very split personality. He's bisexual as well, and often seems to feel uncertain in whether to play out his feminine or masculine side. If it's just me and him, he can very easily fit in as one of the girls. But throw in one of our other male friends into the mix, and suddenly it's a cocky, militant version of him. I recall him talking about wanting to act like an ass to girls just for the sure sake of it, for power, for the upper hand, and because he believes people respect it more. I do often think that he sees himself as a social outcast. At times, I feel on edge around him because I don't know if he's playing nice or being deceitful. I'm a bit of a paranoid kind of person, and he can make me feel paranoid at times. I only really link INFJ's with having that true ability of weilding the double edged sword.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

I've seen several INFJ gentlemen in my acquaintance act like the most obnoxious... well like really obnoxious ESTPs.

Isn't it funny how the people on the forum are only friends with the rare types?

And how so many people think they have the rarest types?

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Isn't it funny how the people on the forum are only friends with the rare types?
    Going off on a slight tangent here, but I don't know anybody who is similar enough to me to be the same type (at least to my understanding). But sometimes I wonder, if I met someone who was very much like me, would we be most excellent friends, or would I want to kill her for being so damn annoying?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Going off on a slight tangent here, but I don't know anybody who is similar enough to me to be the same type (at least to my understanding). But sometimes I wonder, if I met someone who was very much like me, would we be most excellent friends, or would I want to kill her for being so damn annoying?
    somebody with the NSFW type?

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

somebody with the NSFW type?
    NSFW is a very annoying type.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    NSFW is a very annoying type.
    the only annoying type I know is ESTJ. (and not all of 'em)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

And how so many people think they have the rarest types?
    Really though, if INFJs are 2% of the population, then it's not that odd, especially when you consider that like attracts like (an NF attracts other NFs). I mean, I'm sure I know several hundred people, even if just casually, and so knowing a handful of INFJs is not so strange. Besides, the stats aren't very reliable, IMO.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe