User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    However, in other INFJs, they desire what they lack & try to cultivate some Se-esque qualities. However, it is not natural for them to use Se, it conflicts with Ni too much, and so they turn to Fe to cultivate these Se-esque qualities. This is mostly good. Fe provides balance, but Se does not; wielding the inferior too long can be bad.

An example: My INFJ is into cooking as a hobby. He tends to focus on getting the "best" ingredients, using the "right" method & tools, and perfecting the same recipe through repetition. It's so value-oriented it's hilarious, and these values are very externally sourced. Se-dom, IMO, tend to explore such things in the moment, spontaneously, with little concern for the "right" way as long as the end result is good. Not to say my INFJ doesn't enjoy the process, he does, but he's way more methodical about it than any SP I know. Frankly, I also think he likes the idea of these things more than anything...
    Could be a lack of my english comprehension abilities but you said you wanted to give an example, how INFJs try to cultivate Se but then said in the example that he does not behave like a Se-dom ? What did I miss ?

I am exactly like that when cooking, my gf refuses already to eat my stuff if I would complain about a minor detail again. I think its a Fe thing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm with you on that iwaker! EJCC says they swarm around her though and Protean knows several, so maybe they hang around in clumps. I'm not sure if I've met another one in person or not.
    I think I must have a sign on my head that says "Do people vent at you constantly? Feel free to vent at me about those crazy people whenever you like! " And that sign draws INFJs like moths to a flame.

It helps that I hang out with a lot of artsy people; I tend to be drawn to artists and musicians because I'm very interested in those things (despite not having as much natural talent for them).

EDIT: I may know a ton of INFJs, but I have never in my life encountered one that acted like an ESTP. My INFJ guy friend is one of the mildest and least adventurous people I know. If he were another type, he'd be ISFJ, not ESTP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Could be a lack of my english comprehension abilities but you said you wanted to give an example, how INFJs try to cultivate Se but then said in the example that he does not behave like a Se-dom ? What did I miss ?

I am exactly like that when cooking, my gf refuses already to eat my stuff if I would complain about a minor detail again. I think its a Fe thing
    Trying doesn't equal succeeding
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ah, female logic, yikes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm pretty sure I know one other INFJ male, and neither of us act like ESTPs whatsoever. Mayyyyybe when I'm really drunk, but even then its pretty rare.

My strategy for girls has much more to do with being genuine and talking about something "deep" or whatever than acting boisterous and loud. Might as well play to my strengths.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    My strategy for girls has much more to do with being genuine and talking about something "deep" or whatever than acting boisterous and loud.
    Can I use that in my signature ? Thats epic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

have at it

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNn0lidIf0"].[/YOUTUBE]

The likelihood of me acting like a true ESTP is rare indeed. I don't even think I tried to truly act like an ESTP. Probably the only thing you'll seem to think I am an SP is when I tinker with hobbies(computers, building action figures, some bits of things i consider "hard labor", learning to cook a type of food I like) but I am not sure whether I can sustain those types of actives for long before I go haywire. Though I can probably do them longer than other people can. Heck, I like riding extreme roller-coasters (or would like to ride some when i get the chance) where some wouldn't even touch.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    When you're a female NFP, male NFJs come out of the woodwork. I don't know that many in relation to say, ISFJs, but I know more than one or two. It's likely we get often close enough to type them, but not necessarily close to some other types to be able to type them (ie. I have few, but certainly some notable, ESTJs in my life because I don't tend to get close to them).
    What is funny is that INTPs seems to be one of the easiest people to come in contact with me. I don't know why, when I took this test, I was in a room filled with INTPs... and one INTJ. That one INTJ told me,

"Hey, you are even more of a rarity around here, why are you here?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Damn, how do you know so many? I know what to look for and I cant spot other INFJs in the wild to save my life.
    I can't either.

EDIT: If there is a magic formula to finding them, let me know. It'll be cool to find others like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    The likelihood of me acting like a true ESTP is rare indeed. I don't even think I tried to truly act like an ESTP. Probably the only thing you'll seem to think I am an SP is when I tinker with hobbies(computers, building action figures, some bits of things i consider "hard labor", learning to cook a type of food I like) but I am not sure whether I can sustain those types of actives for long before I go haywire. Though I can probably do them longer than other people can. Heck, I like riding extreme roller-coasters (or would like to ride some when i get the chance) where some wouldn't even touch.

What is funny is that INTPs seems to be one of the easiest people to come in contact with me. I don't know why, when I took this test, I was in a room filled with INTPs... and one INTJ. That one INTJ told me,

"Hey, you are even more of a rarity around here, why are you here?"

I can't either.

EDIT: If there is a magic formula to finding them, let me know. It'll be cool to find others like me.
    OMFG, I am a scary coaster junkie, but no one will go with me cause I wear them out. Do you live near me? Lez go right nau!!!! /Se-indulgence of choice
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke