User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    It's ok, it might just mean that these people are a bit jealous of the dude acting like a BMOC or getting all the ladies.
    I think both men and women are inclined to do things that they *think* pleases the object of their affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think both men and women are inclined to do things that they *think* pleases the object of their affection.
    Yes, this definitely hits the bulls-eye.

It is kind of like the scenario @Riva mentioned.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    Yes, this definitely hits the bulls-eye.

It is kind of like the scenario @Riva mentioned.
    Bless that guys heart.

The thing I'm learning is that people (that's men and women!) don't really know what they want. As soon as a guy is macho, women will yell "You're too insensitive!", then with another guy who is sensitive, women will yell "You're too sensitive!". Men do the same thing to women too. They don't know whether they want a nice girl or a bad girl (yes it's true) *sigh* I think people just get bored with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Bless that guys heart.

The thing I'm learning is that people (that's men and women!) don't really know what they want. As soon as a guy is macho, women will yell "You're too insensitive!", then with another guy who is sensitive, women will yell "You're too sensitive!". Men do the same thing to women too. They don't know whether they want a nice girl or a bad girl (yes it's true) *sigh* I think people just get bored with anything.
    What I've learned a long time ago, is that people have faces. Not all people act the way they want to because they want to. Some act the way they do because of "necessity" - whether it is true or not. This is easily testified by bringing MBTI and Enneagram into the picture.

Whenever I keep hearing people say someone is acting fake, I can't help but want to lecture them about it. What part of the person is acting fake? Just because that person isn't angry or tough sounding does not make that person "fake." Just because that person doesn't act like their so called "true" selves doesn't mean that person is acting fake. Quite frankly, I am not as one-dimensional as that.

It is kind of like, if the person does not act like you or what you want them to act, they are fake.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

bump.

I have an INFJ friend who is into surfing, skateboarding, hiking...he also carries a very laid-back, anything goes vibe that I associate with many SPs, but it's very much a front that is only painfully obvious to his closest intimates.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

When I went to University, I basically crawled into a hole and wept. Eat that BMOC!
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    "Dear INFJ Gentlemen, you are NOT ESTPs... So quit acting like it!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Let me be the first to point out that the above statement does not apply to all INFJ gentlemen. And the ones it does apply to, it doesn't apply all the time. Nonetheless, I feel like it has to be said.

I've seen several INFJ gentlemen in my acquaintance act like the most obnoxious... well like really obnoxious ESTPs. (No offense to ESTPs. I'm not talking about a normal, mentally-healthy ESTP.) I'm talking about people acting out their shadow functions. According to Jung, everyone has a shadow aspect to their personality that consists of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. For an INFJ, their shadow functions are embodied in an ESTP's dominant functions.

Some - but not all - of the behavior I've noticed includes blatant womanizing and a really annoying BMOC (big-man-on-campus) attitude. It's sort of like they are trying so hard... too hard... to not be the sweet, sensitive, quiet guys they were born to be.

I've often thought that INFJ men were dealt a tough hand. In fact, our culture teaches men to be as un-INFJ as possible doesn't it? That's gotta be a real mind f*ck to the heterosexual male INFJ mindset.

The same could be said for all NF males. But I think that INFJ and INFP males have a particularly tough time of it. But I've only noticed this "shadow embracing" pattern in INFJ males. (Admittedly my anecdotal evidence is based on a small sample set. There are so few INFJ males out there.)

This won't be the first thread on how one struggles with being an NF male. And it won't be the last. I guess I was hoping for advice on how to be a good friend to my INFJ male friends when they are feeling the weight of society's expectations on them. Up until this point, the only thing I can think of is to whack 'em on the back of the head in the way Gibbs does to DiNozzo on NCIS.
    When I was less mature and didn't know much about cognitive functions, I assumed that everybody thought the same way.
    Since I thought that everybody thinks like me, they too are attracted to ESTPs in general.

So, I used to act like an ESTP to attract the girls I liked, but it obviously didn't work.
    I'm still not very developed though and had no idea other people could see through our fake personas as well. Haha.
    This thread has been quite helpful.

Dear INFJ gents, do whatever the hell you want.
    Likes Lunar Light liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

When I was in high school, I had a very troubled and angry older brother who made our home a complete hell, resulting finally with my parents getting divorced. My coping mechanism was to repress all my feelings, well, as well as I could. I even tested out as a ISTP at 18.

I clearly remember times I acted as a ESTP BMOC, like playing a role.

One time a friend was very interested in a ESFP girl and I came in, stole her away in seconds, and was into some very heavy petting within minutes.

I remember a few similar occasions.

Of course, I felt horrible after usually. And these were never girls I really wanted to date. I struggled to even talk with most of them.

The whole process ended up with me taking a break from dating to figure out what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Dear INFJ gents, do whatever the hell you want.
    ^ QFT

The title of this thread is pretty inflammatory IMO and despite OP's efforts not to be typist, I feel like the post is inherently typist x_x. Seriously do whatever the fuck y'all want. If being "ESTP"-like (lol the stereotypes associated with this) is you, BE THAT.