User Tag List

First 12

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    You seem to be equating "rational" with simple consiousness. Which definition of rational are you using:

1. Having or exercising the ability to reason.
    2. Of sound mind; sane.
    3. Consistent with or based on reason; logical: rational behavior. See synonyms at logical.
    4. Mathematics. Capable of being expressed as a quotient of integers.
    I am using the strict Jungian definition which means precisely the conscious scrutiny. Difficult to explain why he used rational and irrational to depict the two concepts,, conscious and non-conscious would have been far more fitting.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

One could argue that a persons 'feelings' are greatly affected by the outside world, thus making them appear irrational.

Also on a personal level I find it more difficult to explain in a language that is understandable just exactly why I feel what I feel. It seems to lack the 'jargon' that is commonly understood because it's a feeling that causes a thought not a thought that causes a feeling.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    Also on a personal level I find it more difficult to explain in a language that is understandable just exactly why I feel what I feel.
    Yes, I agree with this. Sometimes extremely hard to translate out to words that someone else would understand. Much remains locked inside as a result, but within my mind I know exactly what I mean.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I agree with this. Sometimes extremely hard to translate out to words that someone else would understand. Much remains locked inside as a result, but within my mind I know exactly what I mean.

yes

there just doesn't seem to be enough words to translate a feeling into a word, and in trying to explain it much gets lost in the translation......

personally I get frustrated, because I realize I am not making sense, and there is nothing I can say to make the light go on. It's like trying to explain love to someone who has never been in love, or red to someone who cannot see.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    yes

there just doesn't seem to be enough words to translate a feeling into a word, and in trying to explain it much gets lost in the translation......

personally I get frustrated, because I realize I am not making sense, and there is nothing I can say to make the light go on. It's like trying to explain love to someone who has never been in love, or red to someone who cannot see.
    Or like mystical enlightenment to someone who has never meditated? If so, I can relate that way.

I find the intuitive function, as I use it, impossible to explain also. I've said here before that so many of my friends call me psychic and its really hard trying to explain how I'm not.. there really isn't a language for my process. I read type description recently where "N" was described as using a "sixth sense" to differentiate it. My eyes bulged and steam came out of my nose... geee... thanks... so to be "NF"... umm... no thanks. LOL

MBTI
    INTP

Last week or so I posted about how I felt another person. Just yesterday I felt the same internal feeling about my newly established company. I often say the people who feel God inside them can feel that way about a sandwich with the right conditioning. Maybe I prooved myself right, except with my company not a sandwich.

MBTI
    JIxT

Thinking seems to be affected by the internal world, whereas feeling seems to be affected by the external world. Both can be illogical when affected greatly.