First 1234 Last

Thread: Do ENFJs exist?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Yeah, I only know of two ENFJ's for certain. They're both hilarious. I guess they are hard to come by.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I know several male ENFJ's and no female ENFJ's. My impression of the ENFJ's that I know is that they would not be interested in meaningless sex. They want a lifelong soul mate relationship of the highest level.

MBTI
    INFJ

I've never knowingly met an ENFJ...so maybe they don't....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's funny because I think they're everywhere, and I think a number of them become teachers, especially on secondary and tertiary levels.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I've never met anyone I've suspected of being an ENFJ. All I know is that if I ever meet a female one, I want to bone her. Badly.

So, if ENFJs do exist, which clearly they do, where do I find one?
    Oh guess what...my ENFJ sister would find your suggestion appalling that you'd want to "bone her" just for her personality type and be offended that you didn't want to know her soul or respect her as an individual person, and my ENFJ bff would just laugh in your face and say "of course you do" in a sort of smug way and go about her business.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That's funny because I think they're everywhere, and I think a number of them become teachers, especially on secondary and tertiary levels.
    I think a number of them become burlesque dancers myself.

Or psychologists. It's a strange mix.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think a number of them become burlesque dancers myself.

Or psychologists. It's a strange mix.
    Yeah I think a lot them are probably psychologists, social workers, or counselors as well as teachers.

I can just think of at least one ENFJ professor I had in college, and two ENFJ teachers I had in high school off of the top of my head. The professor taught Education classes for aspiring teachers and was a warm, enthusiastic, politically correct hard driving perfectionist. I both loved and hated her. I had a fellow student - a woman who was already teaching 6th grade at a Catholic school - say that the ENFJ prof made us jump through hoops in that class were unrealistic and barely even applied to real teaching. But she was so devoted to giving children a good education and developing her university students' full potential and promoting socio-economic and ethnic tolerance it was difficult not to like her. But her emphasis on structure and hoops got on my nerves. People like her made me think I'm not right for teaching.

I also think I know an ENFJ who is about my age who is a high school teacher...she's upper middle class and she made it her life's work to teach in a disadvantaged area to poorer kids.

Let's see...oh yeah...one of my ENFJ high school teachers was OBSESSED WITH ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTALISM and promoted it doggedly and was very talkative and dressed kind of eccentrically but always also had on full make-up and could be very strict. The other ENFJ I think was my favorite AP English teacher who pushed boundaries and loved teaching gifted kids and got in trouble with parents for risque learning material but really was devoted to REALLY TEACHING US TO THINK and expanding our world views.

I have kind of a love/hate relationship with ENFJs. I appreciate them deeply, think they're usually really driven and caring people, yet I don't really like being in their charge too much, like having them lord over me.

Glycerine

yeah, my last ENFJ (self proclaimed) professor irritated the crap out of me... way too PC and idealistic (she also had a tested IQ of 170)... I could understand what she was getting at but hardly related to her.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think I get along with ENFJs just fine as long as we see each other as equals (like my ENFJ bff from high school)...even with my sister there's a little tension though I love her a lot because I still think she regards me as one of her "charges."

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I know several male ENFJ's and no female ENFJ's. My impression of the ENFJ's that I know is that they would not be interested in meaningless sex. They want a lifelong soul mate relationship of the highest level.
    Damn straight
    I can be pretty guilty of sleeping with my male friends, or wanting to, but that's because the friendship can negate that 'meaningless sex' aspect. Huge problem I have with my ESTJ is that he doesnt understand how developing that friendship aspect is a game-changer in my world.
    ENFJs can be sexual wildebeests, but it kinda has to be on our own specific terms I think
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance