User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Having to live in a "T" world.

Did you all see the news article about how people who are mean get paid better?

I am so sick of this world rewarding "T"s. We "F"s try to make the world a nicer and friendlier place, but the T's just keep winning.

MBTI
    INTJ

Disagree. The F's I know are far more prone to gossip than the T's.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think Fe is very much rewarded by society, particularly if you're female. Maybe not Fi as much, particularly if you're male.

Of course, those rewards are often not monetary, but they could be (networking is huge!)
    -end of thread-

Do you want to be nice, or rich?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post

I am so sick of this world rewarding "T"s. We "F"s try to make the world a nicer and friendlier place, but the T's just keep winning.
    In my experience I find that T and F has little to do with people being mean or wanting to make the world a nicer and friendlier place.

I do however agree with your moral indignation even as an INTP ;D

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post

uhhhhh, if you are talking about more in the business world, then yes. People with psychopathic tendencies tend to get paid better because they will do whatever it takes to get what they want but that is not contingent on T or F AT ALL. Luckily very few people are considered to have psychopathic tendencies. Depending on the location, I read they make up about .5%-1% of the population.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    uhhhhh, if you are talking about more in the business world, then yes. People with psychopathic tendencies tend to get paid better because they will do whatever it takes to get what they want but that is not contingent on T or F AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot
    In my experience I find that T and F has little to do with people being mean or wanting to make the world a nicer and friendlier place.

Agree.

I really don't see it as an F/T thing. When it comes to business and 'moving ahead' in the world ('moving ahead' can even be in a purely social sense, where some of the F's win the prize for being the meanest and cruelest bunch around, esp. in pre-teen years), F's and T's alike can and will be cutthroat. It's all dependent on the individual and what their moral compass is. Being F doesn't make for a moral or 'nice' person.

Some of my closest friends and lovers have been T's, and they are very respectful, well-meaning, good people. I them. I also have some close F friends. I also find some F's horrid, and some T's horrid. Point being: it falls on the individual, but little distinction between F/T when it comes to treating people decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Flower
    Do you have a link to the article? I'd be curious to see how exactly they're defining 'mean', if that's in fact what they're saying, rather than simply that having certain traits that some people consider 'mean' makes them more successful in the business world.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

I like being mean to mean people.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it's not that mean people get paid more, people who are paid more are more often perceived as mean. america has an extremely unhealthy lack of assertiveness. there are lots of passive people and lots of aggressive people, but there are few truly assertive people and most people don't know how to recognize one when they see one. american culture (particularly generation Y) tends to take conflict very personally and either avoids it or being exceedingly aggressive, reactive and irrational. assertive people are seen as mean because they face problems head on and solve them as quickly as possible. people misinterpret this as "looking for a fight" which really is just stupid.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar