User Tag List

First 2345 Last

It isn't a T/F thing. It simply isn't practical to get things done and state your individual opinion clearly if you're always looking to be agreeable. It only makes you weak and diluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    It's based on T's being oriented towards "justice" and F's being oriented towards "compassion."
    I am torn between the two myself. I really don't see how anyone couldn't be (not that I doubt it.. I see people fall in one camp all the time. I just don't understand).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I am torn between the two myself. I really don't see how anyone couldn't be (not that I doubt it.. I see people fall in one camp all the time. I just don't understand).
    I really don't see how people could be so clear on where they fall between these two either.

Also sometimes compassion is as short-sighted and damaging as misapplied justice. So it isn't a case of one topping the other.

RDF

Just a note here. Technically, F isn’t about “compassion.” Here’s the quicky definition from the CAPT website (the guys who own the MBTI):

The T–F index is designed to reflect a person's preference between two contrasting ways of judgment. A person may rely primarily through thinking (T) to decide impersonally on the basis of logical consequences, or a person may rely primarily on feelings (F) to decide primarily on the basis of personal or social values.
    F is about “personal or social values,” and those can be pretty harsh in some instances. As others have pointed out, it’s really a toss-up sometimes as to what you’ll get from an F person in the way of judgements.

(By the same token, T isn't necessarily about justice. It's about "logical consequences," which can be kind of a toss-up too. )

I myself have used the "justice vs. compassion" comparison in the past in order to contrast how T and F operate in their most advantageous applications. But in the real world, both functions are more neutral than that; both functions can be used to support just about any kind of conclusion or value that one might imagine.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    F is about “personal or social values,” and those can be pretty harsh in some instances. As others have pointed out, it’s really a toss-up sometimes as to what you’ll get from an F person in the way of judgements.

(By the same token, T isn't necessarily about justice. It's about "logical consequences," which can be kind of a toss-up too. )

I myself have used the "justice vs. compassion" comparison in the past in order to contrast how T and F operate in their most advantageous applications. But in the real world, both functions are more neutral than that; both functions can be used to support just about any kind of conclusion or value that one might imagine.
    Yes, T vs. F is essentially objective vs. subjective judgment. I usually see justice contrasted with mercy on these tests. To me, if we have more of the first, we are less dependent upon the second.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

ThatGirl

Did you all see the news article about how people who are mean get paid better?

I am so sick of this world rewarding "T"s. We "F"s try to make the world a nicer and friendlier place, but the T's just keep winning.
    :O What planet do you live on?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Did you all see the news article about how people who are mean get paid better?

I am so sick of this world rewarding "T"s. We "F"s try to make the world a nicer and friendlier place, but the T's just keep winning.

Are you sure this is really a T world ?

I think that this world would look like much more differently in the case that it is trully a T world.
    Especially since we have a way too much of tertiary and inferior F around for me to call this a trully thinking world.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it's not that mean people get paid more, people who are paid more are more often perceived as mean. america has an extremely unhealthy lack of assertiveness. there are lots of passive people and lots of aggressive people, but there are few truly assertive people and most people don't know how to recognize one when they see one. american culture (particularly generation Y) tends to take conflict very personally and either avoids it or being exceedingly aggressive, reactive and irrational. assertive people are seen as mean because they face problems head on and solve them as quickly as possible. people misinterpret this as "looking for a fight" which really is just stupid.
    This is so true. I'm sick of people getting upset at me for merely refusing to tolerate bullshit.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    This is so true. I'm sick of people getting upset at me for merely refusing to tolerate bullshit.
    welcome to a collectivist society where people expect you to sacrifice and put up with being treated like an abused child without standing up for yourself. this is why I vote Libertarian
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

"The world is full of people who make excuses, people who are cowards and people who use the term "nice" to cover up their inability to make a hard decision, say what needs to be said or defend themselves, their position or other people because they're afraid of how they'll be viewed or that someone won't like them anymore.

This is cowardly.

In my experience, many people confuse being cowardly with being nice. It's easier to aim to please and say what others want to hear than to form an opinion and fight for it, even if it means taking a risk or losing your job."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-19/o...?_s=PM:OPINION
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.