User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Sometimes I crave alonetime from certain individuals. But, I don't really need alonetime "in general" to cope with my extroverted needs.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    My only guess (Note: Guess) is that since ENFPs expend their energy with Fi could only be possibly the reason why sometimes they need time alone.

And it's not often that ENFPs express their feelings so openly to everyone - even if it might seem to be that way on a surface level of things.
    true, we're intellectually expressive much more than emotionally expressive
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Glycerine

Strangely, most of the ENFPs I have known were extemely social and needed people around all the time but as they grew older, they needed more alone time.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    The topic of extroverts needing much time alone is pretty confusing to me, esp if they become drained by others. Yes, I know that some extroverts (it's not just ENFPs either) need a lot of time alone but that is also the mark of an introvert. And many introverts say they are not shy and I believe them. Distinguishing Introvert/extrovert gets confusing except in the case of outliers.

The only possible reasoning I've come up with is that extroverts who need a lot of time alone maybe don't like people that much and withdraw (?)
    It's also difficult to tell the difference between an introvert who doesn't like people and an introvert who is truly more energized by being alone.
    well, for me, as an ENFJ, I am a very introverted extrovert (I am probably the most introverted in my family). I love the subtle flow of people interaction and intermittent interactions with others throughout the day energizes me. If it's a group of highly social, loud people, I tend to mentally break down after an hour and withdraw. This is because I have always been highly sensitive to my surroundings: lights and noise.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Strangely, moat of the ENFPs I have were extemely social and needed people around all the time but as they grew older, they needed more alone time.
    that is a very interesting observation.... I have to wonder if this is because as we get older we develop more of our personality, and gather new strengths?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by targobelle View Post
    that is a very interesting observation.... I have to wonder if this is because as we get older we develop more of our personality, and gather new strengths?
    Yeah. That's probably part of it but I gotta say school and/or work can exhaust people like what EB mentioned and can contribute to the need to "get away". I would be hardpressed to say ENFPs or any other extrovert are most introverted because it's just rather hard to quantify.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Yeah. That's probably part of it but I gotta say school and/or work can exhaust people like what EB mentioned and can contribute to the need to "get away". I would be hardpressed to say ENFPs or any other extrovert are most introverted because it's just rather hard to quantify.
    I can honestly say that for at least 3 1/2 yrs I escaped reality b/c I didn't want to deal with my present situation. Strangely when I finally did deal with it, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it to be.

Anyway that aside I wonder if I hid b/c of my own insecurities? I would think that all personality types have insecurities of one kind or another but if the Fi that an enfp has internalizes their emotions would it then be worse? So depending on their level of insecurities could this potentially cause them to withdraw and escape from reality for periods of time?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by targobelle View Post
    I can honestly say that for at least 3 1/2 yrs I escaped reality b/c I didn't want to deal with my present situation. Strangely when I finally did deal with it, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it to be.

Anyway that aside I wonder if I hid b/c of my own insecurities? I would think that all personality types have insecurities of one kind or another but if the Fi that an enfp has internalizes their emotions would it then be worse? So depending on their level of insecurities could this potentially cause them to withdraw and escape from reality for periods of time?
    yeah I could definitely see how a good chunk of one's innate personality (saying this in broadest sense) plus some environmental factors could definitely influence at which one withdraws. I would think some ENFPs would act out in order to escape their problems while others withdraw. Some factors would probably include the individual's temperament, interaction style with others, level of sensitivity/resiliency, coping/defense mechanism, the type of support system, and stressors. Although I see MBTI as pseudoscience, I think it's a good starting point. In MBTI terms, many ENFPs are going to have similar characteristics, each is going to have an unique make up of the aforementioned factors. It becomes a whole different ball game.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

well, for me, as an ENFJ, I am a very introverted extrovert (I am probably the most introverted in my family). I love the subtle flow of people interaction and intermittent interactions with others throughout the day energizes me. If it's a group of highly social, loud people, I tend to mentally break down after an hour and withdraw. This is because I have always been highly sensitive to my surroundings: lights and noise.
    Do you test close to the border of I/E?
    An hour is really not very much time. I would maybe even call that extroverted introvert depending on how frequently you want it.

Glycerine

Yes I do test close on the E/I dichotomy. Hmm with lower energy people, I can be energised for hours but with high energy environments, I get drained really fast.