User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    normal healthy people would not force physical interaction on someone without picking up on various ques that its okay. Maybe they should be a little more sensitive with boundaries.
    "Normal, healthy" people all do it differently. If I like someone, I am eager to touch them in the first minute, and I'm usually not willing to spend more time with those who reject the most basic forms of touching unless they're very, very interesting otherwise. Maybe because I unwillingly associate this with a lack of openness and sensuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Now strangers randomly touching, 'specially creepy guys, will elicit a very nasty hateful response from me, because that's just bullshit.
    I, for one, love to feel "creepy". Putting pressure on you guys makes me smile.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I have some issues with contact - I feel "suffocated" easily, and I can assume a somewhat defensive position if someone gets too close.

That said, I once had a small incident with a colleague because I tried a bit too hard to "reach out". Moderation is key, I s'pose.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I've heard that not wanting to be touched alot can be connected with introversion. Why? What is the psychology behind this? Is it that introverts are so focused on internal that external physical contact is startling? Is it that introverts can be on an internal train and it is suddenly derailed by an external action that forces the introvert to shift gears and become present? Ideas?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

INTP here.

I don't like being touched, unless it's a specific kind of touch or by someone special.

Generally acceptable touch: fist pump, high fives, and back scratches. =3
    Generally not acceptable touch: hugs, kisses, shaking hands, etc.

I've never had a hug I enjoy. I've only kissed one person and enjoyed it. Stuff like that.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I've heard that not wanting to be touched alot can be connected with introversion. Why? What is the psychology behind this? Is it that introverts are so focused on internal that external physical contact is startling? Is it that introverts can be on an internal train and it is suddenly derailed by an external action that forces the introvert to shift gears and become present? Ideas?
    the external world drains their energy. depending on how, it can be fun and drain their energy in the same way playing a sport would, or it can be overwhelming like being thrown off of a cliff.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I, for one, love to feel "creepy". Putting pressure on you guys makes me smile.
    Do you do this to compensate for attention you wouldn't otherwise get?

Cuz I can tell you I'm a fairly open person (I used to give lap dances for a living) and I can be quite affectionate with people I like or love so if you're some dude getting handsy with me while I'm cooking or taking someone's order ...or if you're the drunk guy who won't stop trying to touch my crotch during a lap dance when I said it was okay as long as he kept his hands on my back and arms...there be something wrong with you.

That's not just creepy that's like rapist material.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Do you do this to compensate for attention you wouldn't otherwise get?
    [...] That's not just creepy that's like rapist material.
    Exactly, I'm not sure how these examples came to your mind. What you've described is not creepy, it's more like sexual assault (and has little to do with the op).
    People usually consider intense staring, touching face, carressing hands etc. from the very beginning of a conversation "creepy".
    I do it to 1) attract a girl I like, 2) to test for her reactions (if she's worthy of my attention) and draw conclusions based on them, 3) to enjoy the chemical rush caused by the discomfort.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Exactly, I'm not sure how these examples came to your mind. What you've described is not creepy, it's more like sexual assault (and has little to do with the op).
    People usually consider intense staring, touching face, carressing hands etc. from the very beginning of a conversation "creepy".
    I do it to 1) attract a girl I like, 2) to test for her reactions (if she's worthy of my attention) and draw conclusions based on them, 3) to enjoy the chemical rush caused by the discomfort.
    Yes well sexual assault is creepy to me.

If that's not what you're talking about, then that's cool. But if you're some guy who wants to see how I'll "react" if you randomly grab me or rub on me while I'm doing the dishes, you might get punched. I'm very reactive about things like that.

:3

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4"]HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIIIIIME[/YOUTUBE]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

:3

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4"]HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIIIIIME[/YOUTUBE]
    hahaha