• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs with Asperger's = What?

StarsPer

MBTI Type
INFJ
NF and Asperger's seem contradictory to me. I'd assume it's possible, but, then, it doesn't make much sense anymore? Mostly considering the aptitude and ineptitude for social awareness, cues etc.

Any NF aspies around to comment, or people who know some? It sounds like the person would lose so much of what NF is based on if they could simultaneously represent some of that social oblivion that can come with Asperger's.

What do you guys think?

G

Glycerine

Quite possible because being NF does not mean one has good social awareness, necessarily.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NF and Asperger's seem contradictory to me. I'd assume it's possible, but, then, it doesn't make much sense anymore? Mostly considering the aptitude and ineptitude for social awareness, cues etc.

Any NF aspies around to comment, or people who know some? It sounds like the person would lose so much of what NF is based on if they could simultaneously represent some of that social oblivion that can come with Asperger's.

What do you guys think?

you could ask Savage Idealist. he's an INFP aspie :yes:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've seen INFx's on this board openly say that they have it.

StarsPer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well I didn't really post this thread to find out of an NF aspie actually exists guys, lol

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I didn't really post this thread to find out of an NF aspie actually exists guys, lol

I know, I'm just saying you can ask him if you're curious as to what it's like :yes:

nomoreshallwepart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know what is meant from this, I think the stereotypical Asperger's type would be INTJ, the one I know is, I feel I can empathise due to having 3 of the 4 letters.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Quite a few NFs - especially 5w4s - have Asperger's. They create complex mental worlds and seem less emotional than other NFs, but the traits, however externally underexpressed, are there. :yes:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite a few NFs - especially 5w4s - have Asperger's. They create complex mental worlds and seem less emotional than other NFs, but the traits, however externally underexpressed, are there. :yes:

An INFP does not wear his heart on his sleeve, he wears it under his sleeve. Their emotions, which are really more like passions, burst out when their Fi values have been offended. But normally they keep them under wraps. If the INFP is creating a complex mental world, then even moreso, where there are no real outlets for Fi values or the INFP lacks confidence in bringing their values to fruition.

kafkacat

Enneagram
inxj
yes i thinks also that it is very possible, aspies have communication mishaps with ppl, doesn't mean they don't feel, they just do in a different way, in a misplaced type of way. Their feelings are usually just isolated, not expressed in a social context.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you could ask Savage Idealist. he's an INFP aspie :yes:

Somebody call? :D

What do you guys think?

Any individual with asperger's could be any type, just often it seems that they misinterpret their type because of certain behaviors associated with having asperger's. In fact, Se doms and would probably be the least likely (although still possible) people to have aspergers, due to problem with interaction of the immediate external environment; Fi is just ones personal values, which has nothing to do with the asperger behaviors.

The same can be said for Fe; an individual with aspergers can adhere to the external established norms of society, but they simply have more difficulty doing so; although it is also imperative to remember that there is an autistic spectrum, and AS effects people on different scales; some don't have the condition asmuch as other or develop less behaviors as they age, thus it is possible for them to practice and utilize functions like Fe, Ne, or Se, better. Other's may have the condition to such a degree that they only develop functions like Ti, Ni, and Si, and since this is more common, it may explain why most woth aspergers identify as INTP/INTJ (and why so many people make the false correlation between aspergers and those types).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My 24 year old brother was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at 11 and identifies as ENFJ. He's a special education teacher working towards his masters and tours the country and contributes to books on the subject for educating educators on the disorder.

A

Anew Leaf

I have a friend who's ENFJ son has this. He's a very sweet version of Sheldon from TBBT.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I have apergers necessarily, but I used to think that I had all the "negative" features of INFPs and INTPs, but without the positive aspects of either. So I thought I had the social grace of INTP with the fuzzy/ illogical/ non-math thinking of an INFP. I'm good with spreadsheets, but I'm primarily motivated, inspired by anecdotes.

Of course, I'm not as self-loathing, but social genius I would say I am not. I don't just think about people all the time. But I believe my driving force is 4w5 with bottomless hunger for dribbling crumbs of love, acceptance and appreciation from other people. So if I do make a spreadsheet, my motivating force is the appreciation of people who receive it.

Yet, out among the humans, I might look in the general direction of people while talking to them (or maybe I might look at them). But, I sort of live in an isolated bubble when I'm outside; some kind of alien.

Contemptus

MBTI Type
INtJ
Enneagram
My Brother who is an ENFP who has asperges.... I must say it seems like a very contradictory mix... He's like a repressed feeler?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my brother has this but it's never been formally diagnosed. He is an ENFJ.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
um, I know an ESFJ who has it. If a Fe-dom SJ extrovert can have it, anyone can.