User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I thought NFs were all COMPLETELY unaware of their environments, especially INFPs.
    Yes, but I started reading about feng shui. Then I started noticing that there were actually chairs and things to move around OUTSIDE the book. It was amazing!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I happen to be an ENFP with Aspergers, and it does present similar questions. From my experience, I gained a tremendous cognitive ability for logic and precision which can balance my feeling tendancy, however much of said details and information, I know intuitively, and find difficulty in explaining a bit of the deeper concepts due to aspergers. Socially, I'm very warm, outgoing, caring, and understanding of others. All the same, I have extreme difficultu reading social ques and body language. Being an Aspie and an ENFP has supercharged my abilitu to make connections, even to the point of reading the patterns in others, and predicting their problems, and reations to said problems before they even arise.

MBTI
    INFP

I, an INFPer, kinda suspect I'm borderline aspie! I struggle to read nonverbal cues in social interactions and it's caused me issues in the past.

Even the tests I took online kinda confirm that.

hmm, an ENTP women once told me she thought I had Aspergers. It was very odd as we were on a business trip together and she noticed I just dont see subtle social things that to her were obvious. The funny thing is that I am very quick to see subtle variation in facial cues that indicate some sort of change-eyes are very obvious to me, almost electric, but I can miss much unspoken conversation and many subtle unspoken hints. My thought is that this is an Fe-blindness of sorts as I dont miss nonverbal cues with FPs, typically. Some other enfps had said this same thing, but tohers say they have no problem, so I dunno.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Present and accounted for. B<

In all seriousness, though, I actually feel like my diagnosis with Aspergers may have caused me to stunt my potential in my developing years; I was diagnosed at the age of 9, because I was having trouble taking tests in school, would frequently run afoul of the rules without knowing what I did wrong, and had some sensory issues.

While it did help me survive through my school years, my self esteem had been beaten within an inch of its life. I had ZERO confidence in my ability to handle abstract thought and considering other people's emotions, because these are two traits that I believed were key in the Aspergers diagnosis.

After entering college and being able to shake off the fetters of my diagnosis, however, helped me to rebuild my esteem. About six months ago I learned about the MBTI, and found out I was an INFJ. I feel like all of the sudden the doors opened to me, and I can help to better understand how I appear to other individuals.

Now, all inspirational blather aside, let me tell you a few of the issues I've encountered:
    - I'm VERY sensitive to the emotional tension of people in a room. Being in the same room with someone who is bitter, tired or upset has an extremely toxic effect on me. Most times I can handle it, but when that time of the month comes around...it's like my body can no longer filter that toxic emotional tone out, and I end up getting depressed and almost physically ill.
    - I'm also not too keen on trying new things when I haven't had time to plan for them; sure, I might like to go swimming in a lake, but ask me to do it right now? HELL no! Give me at least a few hours' notice? At LEAST? =<
    - Noisy. Environments. Wear. Me. Out. I was at a large convention in Boston last April, and after about half an hour I was completely exhausted.

Well...that's all the insight I can offer at the moment. In short, I believe that Aspergers deals more with the labelling of external behaviors than it does with actual cognitive functioning, so I think individuals of ANY type could potentially be diagnosed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I took the 50 question Aspergers test yesterday. The results were "27" for me.

"22 – 31 Indicates that one has slightly higher than average autistic traits."

Never have taken the test. Read a few pages about it before. I remember reading that most people with it have poor physical coordination.When I was a kid in elementary school I could do a back flip on the forward swing of the school playground swing set and have always had excellent hand-eye coordination and balance.

Super noisy environments can tax me if it's an all-day event. As for concerts, I can get into the same groove and enjoy them just like anyone else. I prefer living in a quiet rural environment over living in the city. I can talk to anyone one-on-one with no issues whatsoever, and even when small groups are present if the subject is something I'm interested in.

Emotions are easy for me to pick up , especially being in the same room with a person. When I think about the concerts I've been to, most people are there in anticipation to be entertained and the excitement and mood levels are high and good, so naturally I'll soak that up like a sponge and feel good too. Night clubs have a different vibe and I've never liked being in them.

http://www.aspergerstestsite.com/75/.../#.T-kcR1KQOxI
    Last edited by Werewolfen; 06-25-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add link

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nomoreshallwepart View Post
    I know what is meant from this, I think the stereotypical Asperger's type would be INTJ, the one I know is, I feel I can empathise due to having 3 of the 4 letters.
    Actually, the stereotypical aspie is an ISTP. They have very strong extraverted sensing. It means you won't find them showing up as NF, or something is amiss.

MBTI
    yupp

my esfp friend was diagonosed with autism recently he's a sweet kid, but he's frustrating because he does not pick up on social queues and gets stuck on a subject and no matter what you do he doesn't get it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

a lot of people on wrongplanet believe aspies are NTs, which seems true but is not. I'm an INFP and have some aspie traits and i believe life is harder as an NF with it. The NFs are the most personable types and to have something like autism makes it seem like a cruel joke...but eh.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Seeing that abbreviation "NT" when I recently started reading a lot at the WrongPlanet web site thought , " are they meaning "iNtuitive Thinker?" , but after looking it up, it means something completely different having nothing to do with the MBTI abbreviation "NT". I don't take everything that Wiki states as being correct but this is their definition of what "NT" means>

NeuroTypical - (or NT) is a term that was coined in the autistic community as a label for people who are not on the autism spectrum: specifically, neurotypical people have neurological development and states that are consistent with what most people would perceive as normal, particularly with respect to their ability to process linguistic information and social cues. The concept was later adopted by both the neurodiversity movement and the scientific community.

In the United Kingdom, the National Autistic Society recommends the use of the term in its advice to journalists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotypical