• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF personalities and the so-called "head orgasms"

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think what I experience matches the OP, but I have woken from sleep with the feeling of a phantom making love to me and it continued after I was awake. Kind of intense, actually.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*necro post*

Am I using that term properly? Anyway, I went searching through the forums to see if anyone has covered this before (I was considering starting a thread, and still might), and just wanted to say that I think chills from music and asmr are different. I'm sure there's overlap, but I don't think it's quite the same. (Also, ftr, don't think it's type-related. It might be an F-thing, based on my impressions of the people who make asmr videos on YouTube).

My triggers: Sometimes this weird regular at my bookstore will corner me and start droning on about his crazy quantum physics theories (Deepak Chopra stuff), and something about it hypnotizes me, and I get all head-tingly, even though I would probably normally hate this person. It's just like the intensity of his expression or something.

Or I'll watch someone carefully printing their name and my brain goes off. Takes me by complete surprise. A few of my female coworkers set it off, but I'm not attracted to a lot of them, so I don't think it's a sex thing. It's almost like my brain is malfunctioning. I feel guilty that I am getting this incredible physical sensation from banal interaction, and they have no clue.

Sometimes, if I get in the right frame of mind I can activate the tingling on my own.

Musical/Artistic tingling, those peak moment tingles, just feel way different than the asmr stuff I get.

i can relate to this. especially with the nature of the triggers you mentioned.

someone i completely disagree with getting all fired up about something they care about, the act of writing when done either beautifully or meticulously, just like watching someone engage in something so fully. it's intoxicating, and i can get swept up by it.

to me, if i had to relate that to typology at all (which, i'm not sure if it's actually related or not) i would probably relate it to sx. it's like you can feel their depth and intensity in that moment and you go there with them in your mind. it's especially exotic if it's something foreign to me. something i could not do on my own. it's like i suck up their passion and experience it within myself.

...not sure if this is making any sense, or if it's even what you experience. never knew this was a thing, but it struck a chord with me.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
i can relate to this. especially with the nature of the triggers you mentioned.

someone i completely disagree with getting all fired up about something they care about, the act of writing when done either beautifully or meticulously, just like watching someone engage in something so fully. it's intoxicating, and i can get swept up by it.

to me, if i had to relate that to typology at all (which, i'm not sure if it's actually related or not) i would probably relate it to sx. it's like you can feel their depth and intensity in that moment and you go there with them in your mind. it's especially exotic if it's something foreign to me. something i could not do on my own. it's like i suck up their passion and experience it within myself.

...not sure if this is making any sense, or if it's even what you experience. never knew this was a thing, but it struck a chord with me.

That's interesting, actually, and might be the case. I don't have a strong grasp on the instinctual variants and they way the manifest themselves, so I don't have too much to add there.

However, I can speak to my own experience, and it is something akin to merging. I notice that I experience it the most when I am in a passive/receptive state of mind. Think of all the tingly situations: haircuts, medical exams, listening to a story/song/detailed explanantion, watching someone write/paint, someone who is paying you a lot of attention--it's never when you're engaged/active in the situation. It's someone else's focus you are merging with. It seems to be especially potent when it's in a quiet, intimate moment.

I personally think it has something to do with a womb/infancy state. When I look at most videos, it's mostly just people babbling at you, telling you not to worry, and taking care of you. It's extremely intimate: facial close-ups, soft-spoken whispering, they're supposedly touching you in the videos. IRL, when people talk to me in a soft voice at close range, I tend to experience tingles. Also, a lot of the videos involve people telling you loving platitudes, and meaningless affirmations. It's not a stretch to compare these elements to a mother soothing her child.

It's not necessarily just a mother/child thing, but it definitely has something to do with intimacy and merging (which sounds like the sx variant, from what I understand).

N

NPcomplete

However, I can speak to my own experience, and it is something akin to merging. I notice that I experience it the most when I am in a passive/receptive state of mind. Think of all the tingly situations: haircuts, medical exams, listening to a story/song/detailed explanantion, watching someone write/paint, someone who is paying you a lot of attention--it's never when you're engaged/active in the situation. It's someone else's focus you are merging with. It seems to be especially potent when it's in a quiet, intimate moment.

Yes to this! I didn't know it was a thing though. I thought it was normal... :thinking:

N

NPcomplete

Maybe it is, but I ask a lot of people IRL about this, and they always look at me like I'm crazy.

You're most likely right. I haven't asked anyone about it before. Hmm. Perhaps I will next time I meet my friends.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's called ASMR. You can find lots of videos and people who make them on Youtube by typing that in.

yeghor

It's called ASMR. You can find lots of videos and people who make them on Youtube by typing that in.

Happens to me too... We are connecting/merging with our shadow at those times... A blissful feeling...

Sent via Tapatalk

Edit: I think this is not specific to NFs but the reaction it triggers, the manifestation of the "high" feeling differs depending on the type...for me it's blissful like a continuous orgasm...

WHenever I find a piece of music that triggers this feeling, I got addicted to it and keep listening it over and over for like 10 or so days after which time it's affects gradually wears off...

Last edited: