User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I have some similar feelings, but not limited to head. Sometimes I meditate and go through the chakras and I feel the tingling each time I move to the next chakra. It spreads from the chakra to connected areas, like any larger muscles around it. Haven't bothered to find out about it since I don't take this meditation thing seriously. It's just a nice way to relax. Other times, like in the examples above, they don't give me the same sensation, but I feel more like my mind is loosing up the connection with my head , or I get goosebumps. But it's not the same. Sometimes when I am stressed and in the state that should give me the tingling sensation, instead I hear (and feel too) this kinda piercing buzz that goes through one ear to the other in a split second and then back and forth. Very unpleasant feeling.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I thought this was just a "human thing"
    Yeah, exactly. I think it is. Emotions are basically biochemistry anyway, so it's not surprising that they can affect you physically. I think the only thing that would be type-related would be the cause of the feeling and response to it. (non-NFs can certainly have frequent, strong emotions, LOL)

although if it helps to imagine it as a metaphysical force or something, whatever floats your boat, haha.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes. It is more than it appears. If you consider we are more than this partial holographic personality reference of our dimensionality then we are tapping into our multidimensional higher consciousness, the whole holographic universe representation of the self. Its too much for people to understand so they place it as a subroutine that appears in the subconscious rather an artifact of the super-conscious mind that is a head orgasm. Possible?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Can I just say? I'm so glad someone else made this thread so I wouldn't have to. xD I would've made it seem way more awkward...

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I get these "head orgasms" alot too. I don't think it's type related. Anything that inspires a sense of awe or beauty does it for me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've had experiences of euphoria before, causaed by either music or a realy cool idea that I've come up with. I'm not sure if it's quite the same thing as what you guys are suggesting though.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Can't decide if I've had this before, so I'm guessing no.

I do get euphoric full-body feelings when I'm: floating in the ocean with the warm sun on my face; doing shivasana (corpse pose, where you just lay down and focus on "melting into the universe" and on your breath) at the end of yoga practice; laying down and looking at the stars; listening to certain instrumental pieces of music; looking at really captivating art; entering places of worship; observing any kind of beautiful nature scenery.

I always assumed those are pretty normal, just feelings of intense connection with the universe.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't know about all of the stuff in the OP, but, yeah, I get something like this, mostly from certain pieces of music, from nature, and exercise. With a few pieces, I experience almost a flashback to where I was when I attached so much emotional energy to hearing them. I can feel almost all of the sensations of the original experience. I don't like to listen to those pieces too much because I don't want that association to diminish. It's as close as I have come to a religious experience.
    It's a bit like the 'runner's high' which I feel pretty often.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I experience something similar (I think?). It's more like when something is right, feels right, or just "is" in a way that I cannot define. Time just seems suspended. And I feel this vibration (?) like a bell being rung in the back of my head and the vibrations expand through out the universe. I cannot explain the feeling; it rarely happens. It doesn't last long. It was explained pretty well in Kim Stanley Robinson's Galileo's Dream. I vaguely remember it having to do with an overlap or the experience of being very briefly in another dimension.

Wow...I shouldn't try and communicate in a post-migraine state. Re-read this and it sounds totally nutty.

This is more similar to my experience than the descriptions above. So I'm also not sure if this is a case of "head orgasm". It's more like a milder, more pleasing form of vertigo when everything starts moving according to the "vibrations" in my head, and I do kind of feel that vibrations expanding from the back of my head. I don't know what triggers it, but it happens mostly at night, before I fall asleep. Lasts for only a few seconds for me.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I've never heard of this! It sounds fucking fascinating and I want to experience it!

On a related note, does anyone else experience "sprites"? It's like individual pixels that flow visually with relative motion between objects? They're very pretty and beautiful, like a piece of music.

Also, extra-dimensionality of objects?