User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have never experienced this, but one of my children has a similar experience. It is different because it is a highly negative experience for her.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I do get this with some music that is really transcendant; Svefn-G-Englar by Sigur Ros is a prime example. Also Wind on Water by Eno & Fripp.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I might feel something like that? Hard to tell from the vague description. It lasts seconds though, possibly occasionally minutes, but definitely not hours....

The triggers are strange though. Some of them seem obvious and apply to me:

-Exposure in various forms to a topic or sensory input that creates a sense of awe or overwhelms the individual
    -Experiencing a high empathetic or sympathetic reaction to an event
    -Enjoying a piece of art or music

The other ones seem completely bizarre and insane to me. Watching someone eat giving a feeling of ecstasy?? watching someone write a cheque? watching instructional videos?? wtf?

maybe I'm thinking of something completely different...
    -end of thread-

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Hmm I tend to experience this the most with music. Some vocal tones of people I am close to, as well. Not all of the time, but when they are in tune with something and discussing it, then I'm more likely to experience such a reaction to it. So, so much with certain music though. It's a reaction I seek out without really seeking, just because it's such an obscure response, imo.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

ThatGirl

I think it is called "stroke".

violaine

I get it too. I have roamed all over the internet trying to figure out how and why. The closest I ever came was in reading about chakras. It feels like the back of my head is tingling with a small electrical fire that spreads. Zappy little feelings. The most intense sensation I ever feel and the one which originally led to me to try to figure out what was going on, is a really euphoric sensation I get right in the centre of my chest. I love it more than almost any other sensation. It makes me feel extremely open-hearted and strong and connected to something.

Of course, I also get the shivers all over when I listen to certain types of music. Or when I watch something that strikes me as very beautiful in it's message. It makes me feel like a weird, little tuning fork.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I thought this was just a "human thing". I think most people, at one time or another, in response to something will have a profound, emotional reaction that has a physical sensation. It would not surprise me if Feeling types were a bit more prone to this though, being more in-tune with emotional reactions & valuing their significance.

So, yes, this does occur to me, and it feels like all the common ways used to describe it: takes the breath away, butterflies in the stomach, lump in the throat, a weightless/walking on clouds feel, an out of body sensation, etc.

The following from the list affects me the most:

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    -Viewing educational or instructive videos or lectures
    -Close, personal attention from another person
    -Exposure in various forms to a topic or sensory input that creates a sense of awe or overwhelms the individual
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I always thought it was like a release of serotonin or something. I get the head orgasm sensation usually during really good foot rubs or other massages. The relaxation seems to cause my head to tingle.

The only other thing that's caused a similar head tingly to this was taking ecstasy, which is why I figured it had to do with serotonin.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    -Exposure to slow, accented, or unique speech patterns
    -Watching another person complete a task, often in a diligent, attentive manner - examples would be filling out a form, writing a check, going through a purse or bag, inspecting an item closely, etc.
    -Haircuts, or other touch from another on head or back
    -Discussions on ASMR experiences
    -Listening to someone whisper"
    ^ I typically experience it with the above.

Also if I hear certain textures rubbing together like fingernails on firm fabric, or cardboard against cardboard... I get uncontrollable shivers and it's annoying as hell... and frankly, unpleasant in this specific instance.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I think it is called "stroke".
    Kekeke.

I feel left out.

I have felt something similar - BUT VERY UNPLEASANT - in regards to 'negative stimuli'

I just thought it was me having a proto-panic attack.

I think I am resistant to warm fuzzies. I'm not sure reiki would or does work on me. People have asked me to try something and say "can't you feel the chi moving?" and I'm like...uh....sure buddy.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari