• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF personalities and the so-called "head orgasms"

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I have some similar feelings, but not limited to head. Sometimes I meditate and go through the chakras and I feel the tingling each time I move to the next chakra. It spreads from the chakra to connected areas, like any larger muscles around it. Haven't bothered to find out about it since I don't take this meditation thing seriously. It's just a nice way to relax. Other times, like in the examples above, they don't give me the same sensation, but I feel more like my mind is loosing up the connection with my head , or I get goosebumps. But it's not the same. Sometimes when I am stressed and in the state that should give me the tingling sensation, instead I hear (and feel too) this kinda piercing buzz that goes through one ear to the other in a split second and then back and forth. Very unpleasant feeling.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this was just a "human thing"
Yeah, exactly. I think it is. Emotions are basically biochemistry anyway, so it's not surprising that they can affect you physically. I think the only thing that would be type-related would be the cause of the feeling and response to it. (non-NFs can certainly have frequent, strong emotions, LOL)

although if it helps to imagine it as a metaphysical force or something, whatever floats your boat, haha.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes. It is more than it appears. If you consider we are more than this partial holographic personality reference of our dimensionality then we are tapping into our multidimensional higher consciousness, the whole holographic universe representation of the self. Its too much for people to understand so they place it as a subroutine that appears in the subconscious rather an artifact of the super-conscious mind that is a head orgasm. Possible?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can I just say? I'm so glad someone else made this thread so I wouldn't have to. xD I would've made it seem way more awkward...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get these "head orgasms" alot too. I don't think it's type related. Anything that inspires a sense of awe or beauty does it for me.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I've had experiences of euphoria before, causaed by either music or a realy cool idea that I've come up with. I'm not sure if it's quite the same thing as what you guys are suggesting though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can't decide if I've had this before, so I'm guessing no.

I do get euphoric full-body feelings when I'm: floating in the ocean with the warm sun on my face; doing shivasana (corpse pose, where you just lay down and focus on "melting into the universe" and on your breath) at the end of yoga practice; laying down and looking at the stars; listening to certain instrumental pieces of music; looking at really captivating art; entering places of worship; observing any kind of beautiful nature scenery.

I always assumed those are pretty normal, just feelings of intense connection with the universe.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know about all of the stuff in the OP, but, yeah, I get something like this, mostly from certain pieces of music, from nature, and exercise. With a few pieces, I experience almost a flashback to where I was when I attached so much emotional energy to hearing them. I can feel almost all of the sensations of the original experience. I don't like to listen to those pieces too much because I don't want that association to diminish. It's as close as I have come to a religious experience.
It's a bit like the 'runner's high' which I feel pretty often.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I experience something similar (I think?). It's more like when something is right, feels right, or just "is" in a way that I cannot define. Time just seems suspended. And I feel this vibration (?) like a bell being rung in the back of my head and the vibrations expand through out the universe. I cannot explain the feeling; it rarely happens. It doesn't last long. It was explained pretty well in Kim Stanley Robinson's Galileo's Dream. I vaguely remember it having to do with an overlap or the experience of being very briefly in another dimension.

Wow...I shouldn't try and communicate in a post-migraine state. Re-read this and it sounds totally nutty.:biggrin:

This is more similar to my experience than the descriptions above. So I'm also not sure if this is a case of "head orgasm". It's more like a milder, more pleasing form of vertigo when everything starts moving according to the "vibrations" in my head, and I do kind of feel that vibrations expanding from the back of my head. I don't know what triggers it, but it happens mostly at night, before I fall asleep. Lasts for only a few seconds for me.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never heard of this! It sounds fucking fascinating and I want to experience it!

On a related note, does anyone else experience "sprites"? It's like individual pixels that flow visually with relative motion between objects? They're very pretty and beautiful, like a piece of music.

Also, extra-dimensionality of objects?

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to have the head orgasms every once and a while. Now that I have a crap job, that pays really good, this mind of mine doesn't get stimulated like it used to...
You have them when you experience a certain type of information.
This sensation is just like its older sibling the regular orgasm as in, I know how to get them but masturbation can only go so far.
I know how to get the stimulation going but the feeling is so niched that its damn near impossible to experience it anymore.

On a related note, does anyone else experience "sprites"? It's like individual pixels that flow visually with relative motion between objects? They're very pretty and beautiful, like a piece of music.

Also, extra-dimensionality of objects?

I'll quote you.
I've never heard of this! It sounds fucking fascinating and I want to experience it!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. I get physical sensations when I experience or note certain things. But, I can't say they feel like the OP says. I can't also say that they are triggered by the same things, or even the same class of things. My most notable sensations happen when I see something that fills in a piece of some puzzle that my subconscious is working on. Or at least that's my theory. I get a feeling of resolution and sensation of elevation.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wondering if this had been written about on the forum.

There are all kinds of ASMR videos on youtube now, I like them not only for the the sensation, but they help put me to sleep. (though the sounds don't do it as much as the visuals for me - I mean tapping fingernails just annoys me.)

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Is this just an NF thing? Because I experience that all the time. And I know I'm not an INFJ because of my low Fe, and I know I'm not an INFP because of my low Ne - I do have well developed Fi though.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow...I shouldn't try and communicate in a post-migraine state. Re-read this and it sounds totally nutty.:biggrin:

I was going to say it sounds like a migraine (or at least the neurological patterns associated with migraine). Which is not exactly an orgasmic experience.
But NFs are weird, so..

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interestingly, ESFJ boy gets this frequently. Possibly related is that he's e9w1.

I do not. :shrug:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
*necro post*

Am I using that term properly? Anyway, I went searching through the forums to see if anyone has covered this before (I was considering starting a thread, and still might), and just wanted to say that I think chills from music and asmr are different. I'm sure there's overlap, but I don't think it's quite the same. (Also, ftr, don't think it's type-related. It might be an F-thing, based on my impressions of the people who make asmr videos on YouTube).

My triggers: Sometimes this weird regular at my bookstore will corner me and start droning on about his crazy quantum physics theories (Deepak Chopra stuff), and something about it hypnotizes me, and I get all head-tingly, even though I would probably normally hate this person. It's just like the intensity of his expression or something.

Or I'll watch someone carefully printing their name and my brain goes off. Takes me by complete surprise. A few of my female coworkers set it off, but I'm not attracted to a lot of them, so I don't think it's a sex thing. It's almost like my brain is malfunctioning. I feel guilty that I am getting this incredible physical sensation from banal interaction, and they have no clue.

Sometimes, if I get in the right frame of mind I can activate the tingling on my own.

Musical/Artistic tingling, those peak moment tingles, just feel way different than the asmr stuff I get.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dunno if it's type-related.

I'm not an NF, and I have never experienced this. I mean, I can get goosebumps from exciting music, and get that horrible (anti?) ASMR nails-on-a-blackboard feeling, but not this. Cool, though.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've experienced these before. I don't think it's type related per se. I do think that some types are more willing to share these experiences and explore them.

When I was a child one of my favorite things to do was to get my mom to make a bologna sandwich and get some fritos along with a glass of koolaid and go park myself wherever there were men at work, repairing or constructing something. Doing this would give me those "in the zone" feelings. My mind would get all imaginative and I'd make up all kinds of make believe scenarios of the what/why of their efforts.

Dario Nardi has done some research related to the subject. MBTI types and when they get into the zone using EEG. The in the zone feeling is when your entire brain lights up AND all at the same frequency. There is a video on YouTube of him discussing this. I'm posting from my phone so you'll have to find it yourself :)

P.S. this post cost me 29% power