User Tag List

123 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default Extroversion, introversion, and ambiverts.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm slightly mistyped. I, in actual fact, might be a extrovert.
    It's a pretty fundamental thing to mix up...I do identify strongly with introverts. So shout out to the ambiverts out there. Do you tend to identify with one or the other, have you mixed up introversion and extroversion.

I think due to some fairly interesting factors in my upbringing, I'm fairly suppressed.
    P.S. I know I have posted this before, but bear with me. This is a pretty major shift in the image of me. And for all those skeptical T's out there who think people are pathetic for setting a store by your MBTI type....I didn't know who I was, or what I was. I'm not sure if that's common in children of narcissistic parents, but I had to start some where.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Okay, first of all, I don't think us Fi people "don't know who we are". I think that we know so much about who we are, all the nuances, that it's actually difficult to put a label on it and make decisions. Now that I got that out of the way,

What made you think that maybe you could be an E?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

If you're looking at intraversion and extraversion in a people focused way, then I'm kind of an ambivert by recharging with or without people. I too have narcissistic parents where my father's pretty far gone on the axiom and my mother says a lot of dramatic martyr-like things but when it comes to push, she's all about self which strangely includes my father in her concept of self.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I test as pretty much solidly ambiverted on the four dichotomies (on some tests straight up 50/50) and it's because my social extroversion isn't as high as you think it would be. Now, I am very extroverted in terms of being expressive, initiating, and being outwardly focused. In a purely cognitive sense, I'm an extrovert.

But from the amount of time I spend alone, the solitude I require to charge my batteries, or the fact that I often enjoy going to the store alone, et al, you would think I'm an introvert.

I just took a test today from a psychology magazine saying I'm most likely extroverted. The Social thingy also made me seem extremely extroverted. It's so weird, though...I spend so much time with me, myself and I, and I'm very fond of it.

Before I started really learning about personality theory, you wouldn't have been able to convince me that I wasn't an introvert. But then I had a friend in college who laughed when I said I was introverted. He was like, "you? An introvert?" and he was basing this apparently on how much I talked in class, and the way I initiated socializing with him, a very obvious introvert.

Compared to my ISTJ friend I am an extrovert, pretty solidly, but he even questions it sometimes. He's like "you're no extrovert. Why the hell are you always reading." He called me an ISFP today.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Shoot, where do I start?
    Childhood tendencies, I was very much an ENP child. My stress reactions, I'm much more acquainted with them now, and they have ENP tendencies (Paranoia to nth degree!), my boss teases me about it. Why I'm ennegram 5, that disconnection of how I feel about things when I feel them. I have talk out load about it.
    Those are few things off the top of my head.

Jenaphor,
    If you have seen Black swan....without the sexual connotations, I'm talking like Nina's mother.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I didn't know who I was, or what I was.
    This always strikes me as a P-dom kind of thing to say.....
    When it comes to social interaction, you may be an ambivert, but you likely still have a slight preference for Ne over Fi (or vice versa). Consider how the functions change flavor a bit in different roles & it may clarify if you're ENFP or INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I test as pretty much solidly ambiverted on the four dichotomies (on some tests straight up 50/50) and it's because my social extroversion isn't as high as you think it would be. Now, I am very extroverted in terms of being expressive, initiating, and being outwardly focused. In a purely cognitive sense, I'm an extrovert.

But from the amount of time I spend alone, the solitude I require to charge my batteries, or the fact that I often enjoy going to the store alone, et al, you would think I'm an introvert.

I just took a test today from a psychology magazine saying I'm most likely extroverted. The Social thingy also made me seem extremely extroverted. It's so weird, though...I spend so much time with me, myself and I, and I'm very fond of it.

Before I started really learning about personality theory, you wouldn't have been able to convince me that I wasn't an introvert. But then I had a friend in college who laughed when I said I was introverted. He was like, "you? An introvert?" and he was basing this apparently on how much I talked in class, and the way I initiated socializing with him, a very obvious introvert.

Compared to my ISTJ friend I am an extrovert, pretty solidly, but he even questions it sometimes. He's like "you're no extrovert. Why the hell are you always reading." He called me an ISFP today.
    Ambiversion is the rule.
    MBTI is the locker.

Jenaphor,
    If you have seen Black swan....without the sexual connotations, I'm talking like Nina's mother.
    Haven't seen the movie so I don't understand the reference. Thought I would share a bit since it might resonate, if your parents were similar.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Shoot, where do I start?
    Childhood tendencies, I was very much an ENP child. My stress reactions, I'm much more acquainted with them now, and they have ENP tendencies (Paranoia to nth degree!), my boss teases me about it. Why I'm ennegram 5, that disconnection of how I feel about things when I feel them. I have talk out load about it.
    Those are few things off the top of my head.

Jenaphor,
    I've seen Black Swan. Someone inappropriately invasive and controlling.

I think that could push you into yourself, certainly. Even into an introverted function loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I've seen Black Swan. Someone inappropriately invasive and controlling.

I think that could push you into yourself, certainly. Even into an introverted function loop.
    I can see that happening and yet, there's another way to look at it. Consider how intraversion and extraversion impacts on the brain. Extroverts take a shorter route to dopamine hits where introverts take a longer, more circuitous path. Being able to switch back and forth between routes can provide an individual with some advantages.