User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm just saying that it's more likely you're an ambivert than an extrovert or introvert.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I'm just saying that it's more likely you're an ambivert than an extrovert or introvert.
    Down with the snark, I didn't discount the possibility. Just pointing out how I thought I was introverted. I get the feeling you thought I was some newbie who had no idea.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*raises hand*

Ambivert, present.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    *raises hand*

Ambivert, present.
    You've been kinda undecided about E/I in the past too, haven't you?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Down with the snark, I didn't discount the possibility. Just pointing out how I thought I was introverted. I get the feeling you thought I was some newbie who had no idea.
    I wasn't trying to be snarky, you know. I didn't think you were some noob. You have over a 1000 posts on here; I hope you know a thing or two about MBTI! I was just trying to bring in some plausibility. You seem like you're trying to decide whether you're an extrovert or introvert, and I'm trying to say that you may not have to if you're in the middle like most people.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Lol, maybe I was projecting. I feel like a bit of a dumb arse, having never seriously questioned it before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So, how is this ambivert thing supposed to work? Are you actually supposed to be able to shift function preferences? Is it something supported by MBTI theory?

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

No, it's not supported by MBTI, seeing as it is based on dichotomies. As for functions, well, I'm not actually tweaking those. My function order was right in front of me.

From wikipaedia:
    [edit]Ambiversion
    Although many people view being introverted or extraverted as a question with only two possible answers, most contemporary trait theories (e.g. the Big Five) measure levels of extraversion-introversion as part of a single, continuous dimension of personality, with some scores near one end, and others near the half-way mark.[9] Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups.[4][10] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You've been kinda undecided about E/I in the past too, haven't you?
    Yup. Some still consider me INFP on here (and sometimes even INFJ, but that's another matter), and I do relate to both descriptions depending on my mood and the situation in front of me. I even at some point showed both descriptions to my INTJ ( who has no interest in MBTI whatsoever), and left out the types, and he went: those are both you, just on a different day or even a different moment

I find I just use different NF types in different situations, to adjust. Though my overall preference seems to be (when nobody is putting any pressure on me, I'll go for ENFP). Being around people though triggers INFJ, especially in large groups and if I don't have the energy for it, INFP. Given it's a group I know well and is relatively small in size, I'll go for ENFP. When a group is on a mission and its floundering about, it costs me all the energy I have, but I try to go ENFJ. Usually, I'm not nearly as smooth as an ENFJ naturally is though. I use INFP to recuperate and process stuff, and write.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

From wikipaedia:
    [edit]Ambiversion
    Although many people view being introverted or extraverted as a question with only two possible answers, most contemporary trait theories (e.g. the Big Five) measure levels of extraversion-introversion as part of a single, continuous dimension of personality, with some scores near one end, and others near the half-way mark.[9] Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups.[4][10] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd.
    Among all extroverts group, does it only apply to ENFP?