User Tag List

First 1234 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This always strikes me as a P-dom kind of thing to say.....
    When it comes to social interaction, you may be an ambivert, but you likely still have a slight preference for Ne over Fi (or vice versa). Consider how the functions change flavor a bit in different roles & it may clarify if you're ENFP or INFP.
    Well, I know Ne is like a beacon above my head. Almost every one comments on how ethereal, spiritual or off beat I am, or how I'm never quite present in the moment. It's truly the only function I never questioned, even a little bit. I guess that fact in it's self speaks volumes. Not that I question Fi that much either (any more).

Actually, what makes me question my type, was what I describe my greatest strength as. One of my greatest skills, is my ability to come into a room, and figure exactly what every one's mood is, what needs to be done, and keep track every thing....it's almost indepensable at work. Admittedly I've honed it. I read some that this is an ENFP trait....always being alert, and it comes easily to me. So do the trouble shooting parts and idea generation.

I'm fairly perceptive when it comes to other people but not so much when it comes to myself.

Marm, yes, I'm like you. I spend a lot of time by myself. An extraordinary amount of time actually. I like spending time with friends though, but I do need to recharge often. I'm not the best initiator though, and I get flustered with lots of people I don't know. I'm very awkward socially, until I'm comfortable, and comparing myself with ENFPs of my acquaintance they don't seem to have the same trouble. I do know I can talk my way into or out of things though, LOL.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Actually the alertness thing could just be hyper vigilance, when I think about it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crystal Violet, does Si or Te give you more problems?

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I see that, and certainly I've been know to switch it on and off to my advantage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Crystal Violet, does Si or Te give you more problems?
    I'm going to ask a stupid question, and ask what problems look like in those functions. For purposes of clarity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Contrary to what these MBTI forums would have you believe, extroversion/introversion is not such a strict dichotomy among individual personalities. An overwhelming percentage of the population are ambiverts, around 60% I believe. I would consider anyone who scores in the 5x% range of E or I an ambivert.

Also, I thought most INFPs were timid and reclusive. Weird to see a borderline E.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I'm going to ask a stupid question, and ask what problems look like in those functions. For purposes of clarity.
    Can't even begin to guess how inferior Si would manifest but inferior Te would come out under stress where you might feel a compulsive need to organise or clean where normally, you're happy with disarray. That's just one example. You also might feel a near compulsive need to organise anything in your environment, including people and their lives, when really stressed.

Found something on Inferior Si from Lenore Thomson's Exegesis wiki.:

Si in the Inferior Position

Si provides information about the fixed and stable, the facts / constancies of the universe. At it's best, it provides such information as a firm basis for proceeding forward into the world. Where Si occupies the inferior position (as it does for those with dominant Ne), it is strongly tainted with unconscious contents. In these cases, Si may manifest as negative/malevolent images of eternal tendencies in people and situations that will not change. Such tendencies may well be present, but inferior Si sees the part as the whole. Inferior Si is also linked to feelings of nostalgia, overwhelmingly vivid internal imagery and a selective recall of facts and memories that are highly emotionally charged.
    You can probably find a better inferior Te description too.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Can't even begin to guess how inferior Si would manifest but inferior Te would come out under stress where you might feel a compulsive need to organise or clean where normally, you're happy with disarray. That's just one example. You also might feel a near compulsive need to organise anything in your environment, including people and their lives, when really stressed.
    It's a good question. I have a learned response and I have my gut response. When really stressed out I withdraw, stay quiet. I don't let any one know what's going on. I'll shutdown. I'll even leave in a flounce. That's my gut reaction. I'll go some where safe and pour my emotion into something if I can. I can be really mean, so if I don't shutdown I hurt people's feelings because I will regurge every thing wrong they've ever done and I don't mean any of it. I tend to find it hard to vocalize words too, in that state. It's like they won't come, LOL.

Normal level stress I do organize, but that is more learned, it helps when things get high pressured at work, and I do get a bit shouty especially When people are in my way. I'm not not nice about it either. Thank goodness people understand though, at least in this job I'm at now. Nobody get too offended, so maybe it's not as bad as I think.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Contrary to what these MBTI forums would have you believe, extroversion/introversion is not such a strict dichotomy among individual personalities. An overwhelming percentage of the population are ambiverts, around 60% I believe. I would consider anyone who scores in the 5x% range of E or I an ambivert.

Also, I thought most INFPs were timid and reclusive. Weird to see a borderline E.
    I have the reclusive down pat, nobody in their right mind would call me timid though.Well, any one who knows me well. Reserved, and aloof is more what people use in regard to me. It's not like I'm new to this, I've dabbling in typology for a few years, eh. Changes in circumstances, however have brought a few things to light, that I never considered before. I come across as introverted in the city, but not so much in a small town. I never had a people shortage before either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]