User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default INFJ obsessing about an issue

Do other INFJ's do this?

If an issue is bothering me, I will go around and around with it in my brain. It becomes an obsession, and it's like a dog chewing on a bone, over and over and over again.

Then out of the blue - bang! - an idea or solution will hit me, and then I am perfectly happy and let the issue go.

violaine

Yes. My conceptualizing is always goal oriented and I prefer as much closure as possible. It's very satisfying to think something through to it's conclusion. Even when you don't know that you are thinking it through! I know that my mind must often be working away at something in the background that has caught my attention because I have a lot of a-ha moments.

In the more earthbound realm of personal relationships, it prob makes me a bit of a pain as I typically don't let things go until I have all of the creases ironed out.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Do other INFJ's do this?

If an issue is bothering me, I will go around and around with it in my brain. It becomes an obsession, and it's like a dog chewing on a bone, over and over and over again.

Then out of the blue - bang! - an idea or solution will hit me, and then I am perfectly happy and let the issue go.
    Oh, that sounds like a classic Ni-Ti-Ni-Ti endless loop (assuming if you're talking about personal issues btw).

I just had experienced this a few days ago, and it isn't pretty. Thank God it's resolved now!

The out-of-the-blue bang rarely happens and it takes numerous patience to master it, at least for my case. For me, during the Ni-Ti loop, I just focusing on seeking for closure, and sometimes will do anything in power to have it settle once and for all. Perhaps that's when I started to sound a little emotional, or needy, through pleading (usually in forms of writing) once when my Ni-Fi runs in hyper mode that I kept speculating on all the "invalid possibilities" non-stop. It's a true mind-wreck, I'm telling you. Sigh.

And if that didn't work out, the Ni-Ti loops start all over again until I get physically worn out, and even sick without able to sleep well, or losing appetite "entirely," it's a hell of a nightmare.

I even go so far to not eating for days (four to be precise) as I was severely depressed and all.

I'm not sure about INFJs, but this is probably the reason why I tried my best to not get into any conflict as I can not tolerate emotional pain whenever I'd experienced one.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Oh, that sounds like a classic Ni-Ti-Ni-Ti endless loop (assuming if you're talking about personal issues btw).

I just had experienced this a few days ago, and it isn't pretty. Thank God it's resolved now!

The out-of-the-blue bang rarely happens and it takes numerous patience to master it, at least for my case. For me, during the Ni-Ti loop, I just focusing on seeking for closure, and sometimes will do anything in power to have it settle once and for all. Perhaps that's when I started to sound a little emotional, or needy, through pleading (usually in forms of writing) once when my Ni-Fi runs in hyper mode that I kept speculating on all the "invalid possibilities" non-stop. It's a true mind-wreck, I'm telling you. Sigh.

And if that didn't work out, the Ni-Ti loops start all over again until I get physically worn out, and even sick without able to sleep well, or losing appetite "entirely," it's a hell of a nightmare.

I even go so far to not eating for days (four to be precise) as I was severely depressed and all.

I'm not sure about INFJs, but this is probably the reason why I tried my best to not get into any conflict as I can not tolerate emotional pain whenever I'd experienced one.
    Yup. All of this. +10000

If I do land in such a situation I'll probably have the extreme obsessing (not able to eat, exhaustion, nearly unable to think of anything else) for anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Then it'll go on at a somewhat lower level for months. Then a lower level again for years if I don't get closure.

Hideous. I don't let myself be a complete victim of it any more though. It's just nasty and unhealthy. THere are ways to shorten the process, but not enough.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I get a lot of "bang" moments from life issues, but not necessarily personal issues. Those tend to be less easy to resolve.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I get a lot of "bang" moments from life issues, but not necessarily personal issues. Those tend to be less easy to resolve.
    Exactly.

Most of my "A-ha" moment are from life issues, with quite a lengthy amount of time of pondering things over.

Unfortunately, that rarely happens in personal/emotional issues.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I definitely obsess over things, I often worry about things and then when they come around, it's not so bad.