• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs (and non-ENFPs): Share Your Te Bitchslap Stories!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This thread grew out of a post on Malkavia’s interesting “So this infamous ENFP 'Te Bitchslap'.....” thread. I thought it’d be fascinating to dedicate a sister thread to ENFPs sharing their Te Bitchslap stories.

ENFPs, let me suggest you organize your stories in this way:

1. What did the recipient of the Bitchslap do to deserve your ire?
  2. What were you feeling? Before? During? And, after?
  3. What was the social fallout? Did you consider it beforehand? Was it worth it anyway?
Non-ENFPs are welcome to respond, too. Perhaps you non-ENFPs have questions or want to share you stories as the recipients of an ENFP Te Bitchslap.

Below is my original post on the other thread that explains what a Te Bitchslap is and elaborates on the above:

The Te Bitchslap* is an example of and ENFP's Fi and Te working in concert:

Fi feels indignant about some perceived wrong +
Te decides to let the perpetrator of said perceived wrong know about it....
usually in excruciating detail and in a very logical manner.
= ENFP Te Bitchslap

#1 - When the Te Bitchslap is delivered, the other person's vulnerabilities / social niceties are not taken into consideration. (Letting social niceties take a back seat when a wrong is perceived is very, very Fi.) Marmie Dearest described this aspect of Fi very well in one of her posts:

It's just that Fi is much more concerned with their internal feeling of what is right and true, even if that means being disruptive. It's not like seeking disruption, but not minding if you cause it if it promotes what the Fi user sees as right or true. Authenticity is seen as paramount, even though Fi users may also like harmony. For Fe users it seems that harmony and connection are paramount, even though they may also like authenticity.

#2 - Te steps in. What is of utmost importance to Te (ENFP's tertiary function) is to communicate in a dispassionate manner how wrong the other person is. Another characteristic of the Te Bitchslap is that it tends to be very well-organized. For example, when I've given a Te Bitchslap in writing, I tend to bullet point and sequentially number it. This is very Te of me. Te likes to figure out how to get to from Point A to Point B in the most logical and concise manner possible. Or think of it like this: Te was made for PowerPoint presentations. Imagine having to deliver a critique of someone via a PowerPoint slide show.... Well you get the idea.

One More Thing:

A couple of ENFPs on this thread have mentioned they've never fully experienced delivering a Te Bitchslap. Perhaps this is true. I can only share my personal experience here: I was in my early 30s before I had enough confidence in myself and enough life experience to deliver the Te Bitchslap. The great thing about your 30s is you finally know who you are and what you want. You don't take so much crap from people. And, you're not so afraid to speak your mind. Voila, I was finally able to tap into my Te Bitch-slapping skills.

One More One More Thing:

I don't think the Te Bitchslap is necessarily a bad thing. It's more a question of using it responsibly or irresponsibly. It's been my experience that when I've really let go on someone with the Te Bitchslap, they royally deserved it. I think the trick is considering what the social fallout/damage to the other person is going to be just before you deliver the slap. Sometimes the fallout is not worth it. But sometimes it is. <Insert coyly evil grin here.>

:smile:

*I think Orobas (on this very forum) came up with the "Te Bitchslap" term. I think it's a great name for this phenomenon. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here.) But in lieu of a correction, let me say thanks to Orobas for this term.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'll be posting a couple of my own ENFP Te Bitchslap stories later today. Must. Go. To. Work. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha. I Te bitchslapped an ENFP the other day. It was someone I was supervising, (probably not the best one for a bitchslap). She was being ridiculous all throughout the night. I don't really like correcting people, but will do it anyways in a supervisor position. I was sweetly "teaching" her all evening. She got my drifts, and that was great. But it was just one thing after the other. Then she ran into the nurses station and started talking really loudly during report. She would not shut up, she was being an emotional mess about something minor on the schedule. Going on and on to someone else. I kept trying to talk over her but she kept getting louder and louder, so I said. "Hey! That problem you have with the schedule? Take care of it, FAST! And then leave the room." :laugh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Post available per request via PM. Warning: tl;dr-hazard.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a few vivid ones from high school

1) in economics class a teacher kept patting me on the back so I told him
me: please don't do that
him: does it again
me: I don't like it when people touch me, please don't do that
him: does it another time a few days later
me: I've requested that you don't touch me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you
him: I'll do it if I want
me: no you won't. you WILL not touch me again. is that clear
him: laughs condescendingly
me: oh! you think this is funny? I'm sure the superintendent will find it HILARIOUS when I file against one of his teachers for sexual harassment charges. I do not ask for your respect, I COMMAND your respect, and if you want to keep your job and avoid felony charges, you WILL not touch me again. do I make myself clear?
him and the rest of the class: .........
*in his defense, the likelihood that he was actually sexually harassing me was very slim, but that wasn't the point. if people don't respect me, I force them to respect me.

PS: more to come :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
from my blog

Elfboy's eventful night at the club
*CCC = confused club chick
DDD = drunk desperate dude

Elfboy: -dancing and being sexy-
CCC: -comes up and wraps arms around neck-
Elfboy: -calmly grabs wrists and removes from neck-
CCC: what?!
Elfboy: no darling
CCC: why not?
Elfboy: you didn't respect my personal space. I don't court those who don't respect my space
CCC: oh come on, all guys want it
Elfboy: don't tell me what I want
CCC: what?
Elfboy: Allow me to reiterate. I know you're used to talking to submissive boys who act like whips dogs around you because you're attractive, but that's not how you talk to a man.
CCC: ...oh. I'm sorry
Elfboy: life and learn my dear. apology accepted

DDD: dude, what's your deal?
Elfboy: what do you mean?
DDD: why were you such a jerk to that girl?
Elfboy: it's called personal boundaries, I simply made mine clear
DDD: you didn't have to be so mean
Elfboy: I wasn't mean at all, you're just saying that because you want to do her. now if you're excuse me, my night off has already been interrupted twice
DDD: I won't excuse you -grabs shirt-
Elfboy: do you see the big guy over there in the orange shirt? that's the bouncer.
DDD: what's your point?
Elfboy: that your options are put me down and play to both our best interests or touch me again and have this pencil stabbed into your kidney.

CCC: what are you doing?
DDD: teaching this guy a lesson for being such a jerk to you
CCC: -slaps DDD- you're the one being a jerk. he didn't do anything to me, so put him down
Elfboy: thankyou my dear
PS: the funny part was, she was in her late 20s

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
However, it was the last time he did what he did. He had some residual triggers left, but you saw as he uttered those sentences that he started shaking and biting his lip, knowing full well the impact those words could have on me. I finally understood. He did mean what he said, he'd done what he' done out of love. He just was *really* lousy at expressing it . I forgave him instantly and was finally able to let go. He's learned now that I can take on the world on my own..and he no longer needs to 'help' me with that.

Wow, I can literally feel the goosebumps while reading this little anecdote of yours! It clearly shows it's better not to cross with ENFPs! :wink: I think the greatest thing about ENFP to deal with such crisis with someone who they care about is to at least open up their feelings and perspective. I think INFJ will typically just walk away + doorslamming. At least I respect that ENFP will take a final risk by blowing up in full-scale, as it offers a chance of a turning point. Thanks for sharing this as I know it isn't easy to share one's merciless T-bitchslap.

My question is, would you consider after such T-bitchslap further bring your relationship with him closer, or more distant over time? Do you still respect him as much as before the T-bitchslap?

I am still overwhelmed after reading this btw, just wow.

rexadelic

MBTI Type
ENFP
What did the recipient of the Bitchslap do to deserve your ire?
A friend and I were walking on the street somewhat late at night. She was wearing short shorts with lace tights underneath. She definitely looked sexy, but still classy. Anyway, a disgusting man walked past us, grabbed her and muttered "I'd like to shove my d**k in that p***y."

What were you feeling? Before? During? And, after?
I thought it was absolutely disgusting to treat a girl who was underage at the time in that way and I couldn't believe he could be so full of arrogance and filth (Fi feels indignant about some perceived wrong) + I decided that I needed to teach him that the way he was behaving was making no one happy, not even himself (Te decides to let the perpetrator of said perceived wrong know about it). During the "bitchslap", I wasn't really thinking about what I was feeling as it was just flowing out in the form of words (that were apparently well put together). Afterwards, I felt protective of my friend and though angry at the guy, I felt better knowing I had taught him a lesson.

What was the social fallout? Did you consider it beforehand? Was it worth it anyway?
In essence I delivered a long, drawn out speech "...in excruciating detail and in a very logical manner", a crowd had gathered but I didn't notice. I wasn't really thinking, I just chased him down and pinned him against the wall. I don't know if it was worth it, but I feel better knowing I may have caused him to consider the fault in his ways and begin a better life.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, I can literally feel the goosebumps while reading this little anecdote of yours! It clearly shows it's better not to cross with ENFPs! :wink: I think the greatest thing about ENFP to deal with such crisis with someone who they care about is to at least open up their feelings and perspective. I think INFJ will typically just walk away + doorslamming. At least I respect that ENFP will take a final risk by blowing up in full-scale, as it offers a chance of a turning point. Thanks for sharing this as I know it isn't easy to share one's merciless T-bitchslap.

My question is, would you consider after such T-bitchslap further bring your relationship with him closer, or more distant over time? Do you still respect him as much as before the T-bitchslap?

I am still overwhelmed after reading this btw, just wow.

Post available per request in PM.

Last edited:

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Otoh, one of my trademark ways of starting an argument with my so (and others), is by starting with an explanation and an apology for yelling, to then proceed and rant at them and explain everything that I'm seeing, both in myself and the other person. And often yes, it works cathartic.

My ENFP did this to me as well. I wonder if other ENFP do this?

It does help to make me think things over again, as I probably would have taken as a personal attack without such acknowledgment.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4

me: oh! you think this is funny? I'm sure the superintendent will find it HILARIOUS when I file against one of his teachers for sexual harassment charges. I do not ask for your respect, I COMMAND your respect, and if you want to keep your job and avoid felony charges, you WILL not touch me again. do I make myself clear?
*in his defense, the likelihood that he was actually sexually harassing me was very slim, but that wasn't the point. if people don't respect me, I force them to respect me.

You should lighten up. People probably think you're nuts.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

people being scared of you because you sound mentally unstable isn't the same as respect..

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
people being scared of you because you sound mentally unstable isn't the same as respect..

This whole thread is weirdly self-congratulatory about something that is not inherently applause-worthy.

I get pissed off too, but blow-torching people is not a gold star moment for me even if it's justified in my book; it's a learning experience. Perhaps I just don't recognize the purpose/merit of this thread...? It wouldn't be the first time a point has escaped me.

Ermm, is it about helping identify what sets this process into motion?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's about understanding yourself and the situation better so that next time you can refine the process. There's nothing self-congratulatory as you'll find most ENFPs admit to feeling guilty and bad for even doing it, but sometimes..it's just necessary. It's not like ENFPs are actually known for being big bullies, quite on the contrary. We often get told we're too easy going. From what I understood, this is about the times we're not and about finetuning it so that we can better understand and judge what the situation requires from how part.

Perhaps, the glimmer of self-congratulatory tone that you seem to be hearing, is, I think, the part where many of us are not often taken seriously..even when we're genuinely hurt or pissed off. It gets...frustrating. And annoying. The fact that you have to hurt people back in order to be taken seriously at all. Let's just say you're an idiot if you think the average ENFP is a cute fuzzy kitty you can kick without getting clawed open. Unfortunately, many people are such idiots, ime and I for one let them believe what they want as changing their minds requires me to do something that I just don't *wanna* do unless I'm left with no alternative. And it hurts me just as much as it hurts the other person, often even more. And often the other person is blindsighted as they never saw you capable of defending yourself in that way. Meanwhile you've done nothing but try and warn them *NOT* to go there. When you finally blow up on them, they look at you like you're a monster and they never saw it coming. It's kinda..mindboggling and highly irritating.

It's kinda comparable to laughing at your mom for repeatedly telling you the fire is hot and keeping you away from it to then blaming her for a week for letting you burn your finger since you won't listen to her. I'm sure your mom at that point will also tell you 'I told you so' and tell the story to strangers with some amusement.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'll reiterate. respect cannot be forced; however, making someone not disrespect you can. he adhered to my personal boundaries and need for space afterword and we had no further confrontation, so I'd call that a win :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's about understanding yourself and the situation better so that next time you can refine the process. There's nothing self-congratulatory as you'll find most ENFPs admit to feeling guilty and bad for even doing it, but sometimes..it's just necessary. It's not like ENFPs are actually known for being big bullies, quite on the contrary. We often get told we're too easy going. From what I understood, this is about the times we're not and about finetuning it so that we can better understand and judge what the situation requires from how part.

Perhaps, the glimmer of self-congratulatory tone that you seem to be hearing, is, I think, the part where many of us are not often taken seriously..even when we're genuinely hurt or pissed off. It gets...frustrating. And annoying. The fact that you have to hurt people back in order to be taken seriously at all. Let's just say you're an idiot if you think the average ENFP is a cute fuzzy kitty you can kick without getting clawed open. Unfortunately, many people are such idiots, ime and I for one let them believe what they want as changing their minds requires me to do something that I just don't *wanna* do unless I'm left with no alternative. And it hurts me just as much as it hurts the other person, often even more. And often the other person is blindsighted as they never saw you capable of defending yourself in that way. Meanwhile you've done nothing but try and warn them *NOT* to go there. When you finally blow up on them, they look at you like you're a monster and they never saw it coming. It's kinda..mindboggling and highly irritating.

It's kinda comparable to laughing at your mom for repeatedly telling you the fire is hot and keeping you away from it to then blaming her for a week for letting you burn your finger since you won't listen to her. I'm sure your mom at that point will also tell you 'I told you so' and tell the story to strangers with some amusement.

ENFPs will finish fights with Te, but it's not in our nature to start them. still, that doesn't mean finishing them can't be fun. I feel great after a refreshing game of "Te bitchslap the haterz"

You should lighten up. People probably think you're nuts.

I am crazy, and they did. they still would if I didn't have better manners and tact.

This whole thread is weirdly self-congratulatory about something that is not inherently applause-worthy.

I get pissed off too, but blow-torching people is not a gold star moment for me even if it's justified in my book; it's a learning experience. Perhaps I just don't recognize the purpose/merit of this thread...? It wouldn't be the first time a point has escaped me.

Ermm, is it about helping identify what sets this process into motion?

don't you think feel good about yourself for standing up to someone who was in the wrong?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INFJs, along with every other type experience "being fed up" too; I suppose we could give it a name and a thread, but... eh.

I do agree that ENFPs can be easy going to the point of abuse and that's definitely no bueno. But I also know that ENFPs can flip the script and leave a trail of blood a mile-wide. When interactions reach that low point, I prefer to walk away. I think ENFPs are more likely than INFJs to retaliate rather than remove themselves from the hostile situation. I suppose it's because Ne+Te is more action-oriented than Ni+Ti.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is when walking away is no longer an option. It goes beyond 'being fed-up'. If you read both my stories, there wasn't any room for walking away. Not anymore. I'd already done so repeatedly. In one case there was too much at stake to walk away, the other was a case of not being physically able to avoid the situation. At some point, you take a stand. Also, feel free to make your own thread to figure yourself out better. If you're not interesting in better understanding yourself, or you prefer doing so privately,that works too.