User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh my jesus. I've had a few Te bitchslap moments. Outbursts from me are usually very rare. I keep nearly all my emotions to myself... Until some really, really crosses the line. Then? Bam. I will whoop you, or just call you a whole nice bunch of nasty names.

Example: In the library, I set my stuff on a table, where I was planning to sit. I went off to look at books, and while I was doing so, someone else decided they wanted to sit there.. And threw all my stuff on another table.

OH NO YOU DI'N'T.

Angry, I went right up to the guy, and pretty much said: "You couldn't have sat anywhere else? You DON'T just touch other people's shit. That's rude. How would you like if I threw your shit around? Asshole."

And that was pretty much it. He tried to be witty and talk back, but it really didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Exciting name. Is it as good as an Se Actu-Slap? To what extent does it involve actual determination of truth and falsehood? If, as suggested by the examples, it's about making internal judgment external, how come you're not calling it the "I can't set limits usually, but here, have a slap" slap?
    This really, really stood out to me as being very true. Not just for many (not all) of the stories that appear in this thread...but for many (not all) irl 'ENFP bitchslaps' (if there is such a thing).

I don't necessarily relate to this thread. But I will shamefully admit that I have done such a thing. And the reason you provided does seem to 'ring a bell'. I appreciate you putting that forth.

LOL, hahahaha.

my apologies iwaker, I cant figure out why they seem so funny in retrospect as the bitchslap can be overdone and can result in a poor outcome.

why is it funny....*ponders*...perhaps because after the fact one stands outside of one's actions and goes OMG did I just do that? Dude, I had no idea I had that level of *BOOM* inside of me. Hmmm.

It's about enforcing a boundary that has been repeatedly crossed-not right or wrong or correctness of the resulting judgement, but simply, back the fuck off and respect the fact I asked for space.

More somber te bitchslaps are actually part of what an ENFP does to bring light to an issue and resolve the problem and are not filled with caustic insansity, but are open and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This whole thread is weirdly self-congratulatory about something that is not inherently applause-worthy.

I get pissed off too, but blow-torching people is not a gold star moment for me even if it's justified in my book; it's a learning experience. Perhaps I just don't recognize the purpose/merit of this thread...? It wouldn't be the first time a point has escaped me.

Ermm, is it about helping identify what sets this process into motion?
    I pondered.

I think the reason it seems self congratulatory is that we actually stood up for ourselves finally-even if the result is totally batshit crazy. We all have to start somewhere.

The reaons it is funny, is that it really is totally batshit crazy at times. We laugh, so we do not cry. Everyone's life sucks in certain ways, but being an enfp can be a fairly shitty experience as we are primed to be emotionally reactive and extroverted, totally weird and chameoleon like. And it's all on display. Make no mistake, the rest of you folks are just as weird as we are-it just gets hidden a lot better....I envy you guys, LOL. So to not feel horrified, we instead make a joke out of it, sweep up the mess and then keep moving forward and try not to fuck up again.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

"Te bitchslaps" exist because ENFPs initially appear so cute and cuddly. They need to emphasize their boundaries because it can so often seem as if they don't have any. They rely on Ne like a bullfighter relies on his cape: use distraction to avoid conflict. When the Ne-distraction fails, the Te bitchslap is the backup "plan".

INTJs have no need of such devices, as we possess the always-on death glare. Of course, this loses us more friends than any ENFP-Te-bitchslap ever would.

As time goes on, INTJs learn to soften the death glare with tertiary Fi.

Similarly, ENFPs eventually learn to set boundaries in a less confrontational manner, usually by setting them earlier and not relying so much on the Ne-distraction techniques.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    "Te bitchslaps" exist because ENFPs initially appear so cute and cuddly. They need to emphasize their boundaries because it can so often seem as if they don't have any. They rely on Ne like a bullfighter relies on his cape: use distraction to avoid conflict. When the Ne-distraction fails, the Te bitchslap is the backup "plan".

INTJs have no need of such devices, as we possess the always-on death glare. Of course, this loses us more friends than any ENFP-Te-bitchslap ever would.

As time goes on, INTJs learn to soften the death glare with tertiary Fi.

Similarly, ENFPs eventually learn to set boundaries in a less confrontational manner, usually by setting them earlier and not relying so much on the Ne-distraction techniques.

*showers ummlau with sparkles*

*skips away giggling*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post

*showers ummlau with sparkles*

*skips away giggling*
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^ He knows

/thread
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

a more subtle example but
    I was at my aunt's house for Christmas and was drinking a nice cup of tea, so my great aunt of 85 comes up to me and says "tea is for wimps!" I calmly smile at her and say "you do know that over a billion men in China and Japan drink tea every day right? are you saying that all of them are wimps" she replies "no"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    a more subtle example but
    I was at my aunt's house for Christmas and was drinking a nice cup of tea, so my great aunt of 85 comes up to me and says "tea is for wimps!" I calmly smile at her and say "you do know that over a billion men in China and Japan drink tea every day right? are you saying that all of them are wimps" she replies "no"
    Bravo!
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season