User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 82

  1. #21
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    The only thing I see in this ENFP Te bitchslap are hurt feelings. So I usually just smile at them and continue my thing.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    I am a bit confused by the "Ne-Te Bitchslap" myself. I think there is a common misconception that when an ENFP is being mean, or unhealthy, or flips out, that this happens.. but I disagree. Cognitive functions may manifest into behaviors, but they are not THE behavior. They say that tertiary usage doesn't really even begin to develop until MID LIFE. I am highly skeptical of this so called Ne-Te bitchslap being thrown around as frequently as it seems to be.. especially by younger (myself included at 30) ENFP's.

    But perhaps the difficulty in understanding this is the same difficulty you find when trying to define any cog process purely by behavioral manifestation. Is it ne-te? Is it ISTJ shadow? How can we ever really know?

    So I think the best way to look at it is to take it at face value. What is being conveyed by the Ne-Te bitchslap is excatly what appears.. when the dominant functions skips right over the auxillary function feeding it with internal values, to an external "ends justify the means" action. So really, Ne-Te wouldn't be especially cruel or irrational. And I don't ever see it being used specifically to hurt or attack. I'm trying to think of a good example of how a true Ne-Te might manifest.. but I'm hella crazy tired and drawing a blank. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  3. #23
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I am a bit confused by the "Ne-Te Bitchslap" myself. I think there is a common misconception that when an ENFP is being mean, or unhealthy, or flips out, that this happens.. but I disagree. Cognitive functions may manifest into behaviors, but they are not THE behavior. They say that tertiary usage doesn't really even begin to develop until MID LIFE. I am highly skeptical of this so called Ne-Te bitchslap being thrown around as frequently as it seems to be.. especially by younger (myself included at 30) ENFP's.

    But perhaps the difficulty in understanding this is the same difficulty you find when trying to define any cog process purely by behavioral manifestation. Is it ne-te? Is it ISTJ shadow? How can we ever really know?

    So I think the best way to look at it is to take it at face value. What is being conveyed by the Ne-Te bitchslap is excatly what appears.. when the dominant functions skips right over the auxillary function feeding it with internal values, to an external "ends justify the means" action. So really, Ne-Te wouldn't be especially cruel or irrational. And I don't ever see it being used specifically to hurt or attack. I'm trying to think of a good example of how a true Ne-Te might manifest.. but I'm hella crazy tired and drawing a blank. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
    development of functions isnt that you dont use them before, its that you use them mainly unconsciously. also this tert not starting to develop until mid life is how some people experience it, many say(including me) that they have started developing their tert in early/mid 20's and you can speed up the process by doing some self analyzing or experiencing something that forces you to develop tert.

    i think its ISTJ shadow, but naturally Fi and Ne have their part in this. its just that Si Te sends SOOOO strong instincts that you just follow them without thinking. and i dont think this is just a bitchslap thing. my mom (ENFP) when she is annoyed enough by something, she gets extremely anal, every details has to fit(to her view of something), organizing, obviously she gets cranky, efficient(or at least in her mind), argue and cant stand any arguments back etc etc.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #24
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    LOL. Well, it definitely has the sting of righteous indignation to it, I suppose, but in my experience, the famed Te bitchslap often (but not always by any means!) involves taking mostly inconsequential facts, blowing them out of all proportion, and constructing an arguments that the angry ENFP thinks is supremely rational, when, in fact, they aren't making much sense at all. If you care about good logic or are just inherently a cruel person, this is when you step back and say things like "You're being very hysterical" in your most supercilious voice while they fume and fume like baby volcanoes.

    If you're a big old softie, you wince, clutch your cheek, cry, and run away.
    Yes. That bitchslap is diffused and more like watching a volcano blow up. Be glad. We're not targetting properly and rambling to defend and figure shit out.

    =>NeTe.

    = Defense and creating space for Fi to get the chance to figure things out

    The one that's actually lethal is the one that happens when Fi is focused instead of still juggling info. The one that suddenly realizes that you are being an ass to us. And doing so on purpose. And then that Fi gets intensily focused on who you are and why you're acting like that. And unlike the normal moment where we ease you into that kind of self-reflection, the self-reflection is forced, brutally, at a speed that few can actually keep up with and process and if done properly, is dead-on and often an utter surprise to the receiver. Add some guilttripping and overloading of your system with value judgements after putting your soul naked in front of the mirror and it can make the toughest T cry.

    Believe me, I know. (not that I'm proud of it)

    = actual attack/backlash of your behavior
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #25
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    Yeah.............................................. ......................................


    How do you handle it?

    Its not nice. At all.
    Is it something to handle when it is never properly given?

  6. #26
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    The one that suddenly realizes that you are being an ass to us. And doing so on purpose. And then that Fi gets intensily focused on who you are and why you're acting like that. And unlike the normal moment where we ease you into that kind of self-reflection, the self-reflection is forced, brutally, at a speed that few can actually keep up with and process and if done properly, is dead-on and often an utter surprise to the receiver.
    This description is what I can most relate to. I've had it happen recently. Someone was being really antagonistic toward me and I kept calmly trying to make him stop and reflect, but he wouldn't do it. Once he was down a path, he had to be right, even if it meant completely steamrolling me in front of everyone. Once I realized where it was really headed, I didn't ramble on like a volcano or get all hysterical. I said 4 words to him and he got all mad and left.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Malkavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Yes. That bitchslap is diffused and more like watching a volcano blow up. Be glad. We're not targetting properly and rambling to defend and figure shit out.

    =>NeTe.

    = Defense and creating space for Fi to get the chance to figure things out

    The one that's actually lethal is the one that happens when Fi is focused instead of still juggling info. The one that suddenly realizes that you are being an ass to us. And doing so on purpose. And then that Fi gets intensily focused on who you are and why you're acting like that. And unlike the normal moment where we ease you into that kind of self-reflection, the self-reflection is forced, brutally, at a speed that few can actually keep up with and process and if done properly, is dead-on and often an utter surprise to the receiver. Add some guilttripping and overloading of your system with value judgements after putting your soul naked in front of the mirror and it can make the toughest T cry.

    Believe me, I know. (not that I'm proud of it)

    = actual attack/backlash of your behavior
    This is what Im speaking of as well. The kind of attack that is precise and meant to do as much damage as possible with the least amount of words.

    Its not being emotional or hysterical. Its being exactly the opposite, actually.

  8. #28
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Oh it can be emotional as well, coz you're so pissed they pushed you that far.. but it doesn't detract from the strength and preciseness of the character analysis you do, and the emotional bit can actually turn you cruel coz you've so had enough, to the point where you tear them to pieces through analysis and forcefeed them every fucking piece without giving them a chance to digest it, till they cry in complete horror.

    Fwiw, you don't wanna go there, as an ENFP.

    The calm, detached way is way more healthy for yourself and keeps you from being too cruel.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #29
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Uh ... I think you might be overestimating its force, guys.
    haha agreed. sorry to burst your bubble enfp's, but you are not as badass as you think you are.

  10. #30
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Be glad you haven't been on the receiving end then. My ENTP burst out in tears the one time I went there. It's not something I break out with everyone on a regular basis, nor that I ever wanna break out again.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs (and non-ENFPs): Share Your Te Bitchslap Stories!
    By Esoteric Wench in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP quotes/proverbs
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:29 PM
  3. [ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  4. [ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 03:14 AM
  5. So this is like smalltalk
    By Priam in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO