User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Do you???

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Default Do you???

Take the emotional temperature of a room?

Feel a thrill of excitement when you realize someone is an "N"?

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?

Find that others probably view you as a bit odd?
    "the poet's habit of living should be set on a key so low and plain, that the common influences should delight him. His cheerfulness should be the gift of the sunlight; the air should suffice for his inspiration, and he should be tipsy with water." - Emerson-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Do you feel like you have secret knowledge into everyone's emotional state and can see things that no one else can, and yet still feel socially stunted?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Yes to all of the above mentioned.

I call the connecting deeply 'mindmelding' in most scenarios, and it is difficult to find people who are both willing and capable of being on the same page to allow for it.

Also, that secret knowledge is that insight that can commonly leave us up against a brick wall. People aren't as one-dimensional as others are led to believe. There is commonly an ignorance to that fact, and a striving for surface relationships. It makes it more difficult to be someone that is aware of the depth of knowledge, without really being able to delve into it due to how it is often socially taboo.
    -

Do you feel sometimes that it would just be easier to not be so in tune with others, beyond what they have even offered up to you, and to just exist with them on the surface level?
    Do you find yourself struggling when you are genuinely intrigued by certain people, yet find that they are types that are the most likely to have difficult relating to you past a certain point?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Do you feel like you have secret knowledge into everyone's emotional state and can see things that no one else can, and yet still feel socially stunted?
    Yes.
    "the poet's habit of living should be set on a key so low and plain, that the common influences should delight him. His cheerfulness should be the gift of the sunlight; the air should suffice for his inspiration, and he should be tipsy with water." - Emerson-

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Yes to all of the above mentioned.

I call the connecting deeply 'mindmelding' in most scenarios, and it is difficult to find people who are both willing and capable of being on the same page to allow for it. Also, that secret knowledge is that insight that can commonly leave us up against a brick wall. People aren't as one-dimensional as others are led to believe. There is commonly an ignorance to that fact, and a striving for surface relationships. It makes it more difficult to be someone that is aware of the depth of knowledge, without really being able to delve into it due to how it is often socially taboo. -

Do you feel sometimes that it would just be easier to not be so in tune with others, beyond what they have even offered up to you, and to just exist with them on the surface level?
    Do you find yourself struggling when you are genuinely intrigued by certain people, yet find that they are types that are the most likely to have difficult relating to you past a certain point?

Years ago I had an INFP friend who I was very intune with. However, she dumped our friendship like a hot potato and hurt me deeply. She said I was "too intense". Her loss, I'm an awesome friend...
    I have not had a deep conection with a female friend since then. I long for that. I need that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Years ago I had an INFP friend who I was very intune with. However, she dumped our friendship like a hot potato and hurt me deeply. She said I was "too intense". Her loss, I'm an awesome friend...
    I have not had a deep conection with a female friend since then. I long for that. I need that.
    I'm sorry to hear that. But, I can understand why ENFJs could be too intense for INFPs. Dom Fe is strong, so is dom Fi. Sometimes when they clash the results are catastrophic. Maybe your friend shut down because she was feeling bad and just needed to get away from it (INFPs do that). Unlike NFJs who end relationships for good -- the shutting off might not be permanent on her side?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ

Story of my liiiife!

MBTI
    INFJ

Most certainly yes to all the above. Especially 3 and 4. :|
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i do...interesting...nife traits?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison