• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you???

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No yes yes yes

G

Ginkgo

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]

I could not push the button that kills everyone in the thread. :( My conscience would not allow it...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take the emotional temperature of a room?
no (that's Fe and Social instinct)

Feel a thrill of excitement when you realize someone is an "N"?
yes

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?
yes, but I attribute this more to being Sp/Sx

Find that others probably view you as a bit odd?
yeah, but fuck'em

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?

no,no,sometimes,yes but they're the odd ones not me.

purple tuesday

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes
Usually only NF's
Yes and it kills me!
Yeah, but what am I if not different? XD

Ingrid in grids

I wouldn't describe it as an emotional temperature, because it doesn't seem totally emotional for me. I know what you mean. It's an invisible energy and I feel it too.

For me, it's more about being cluey and having depth, and then I feel it. More often than not they're N types... but I've been much more thrilled and excited by a particularly quick, cluey ISTJ than an overly existential and self-concerned INF :laugh:. ENs are overwhelming but magnetic too. I gravitate towards the INs in the room.

Oh, yes.

Some. A bit too serious and intense, usually.

Mia.

Is this a trick question...

Burger King

I don't think so.

Nope. I'm typically oblivious to stuff like that.

Yes. I blame introversion, shyness, and the fact that I'm full of excuses.

I'm not sure what others generally think of me. Opinion of me varies.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

1) I don't know exactly what it means, so I guess I don't do it...
2) I felt euphoric (yes, really euphoric, I even caught the wrong subway train that time) when I found out a friend was INFP, and that was the first INFP I've ever met. Apart from that episode, I don't care if someone is N or S. There are some Ns that I don't find particularly interesting, while there are pretty interesting sensors out there, so being an N doesn't mean anything for me.
3) Yeah.
4) Yes.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yes, all of this is immensely relatable. So, now that I've said yes to each one of those questions, what's the next step? Not that I necessarily need to fix the fact that I feel those ways, but it would be nice to know some methods of dealing with those aspects of my personality.

Before I even saw this post I actually addressed some of these questions when I was venting in a forum last night/early this morning. It's nice that I can at least find people online who understand.

liana

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Take the emotional temperature of a room? Yep.

Feel a thrill of excitement when you realize someone is an "N"? I guess not, since I don't really assess whether the people I meet are Ns or S's. I've only ever explicitly tested my closest friends (who are all S's... lol) and everyone else I just sort of take as they come.

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this? Yes. ;_;

Find that others probably view you as a bit odd? Um... not really. Intimidated, maybe...... ;____; my face apparently inspires fear.

abosely

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh absolutely!

Wow, it is really nice to have found this place! :)

I may sound corny, but it sure feels great to know there are others like me!

Sometimes I really get tired of being on the outside looking in.

I've been told all my life I'm defective, broken, or not right because 'see' things or don't think/function like the most people.
Even though I could/can do it better. Not whining, just how it was.

I thought about using 'Glitch' as my screen name. Because now I know I'm not a Glitch, I'm an INFJ! :)

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Usually when I am in a room or a group, I asses the atmosphere, the general feel and watch from a distance before getting involved. It may take a little while to get past the anxiety but once I do, I try to figure out the people and their intensions. If I can pick up on their N-ness and connect, I do get excited but that's only if I start conversing with them and we find some common ground.