• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you???

changeling

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Take the emotional temperature of a room?

Feel a thrill of excitement when you realize someone is an "N"?

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?

Find that others probably view you as a bit odd?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Feel a need to connect deeply with people but find very few people with whom you can achieve this?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Do you feel like you have secret knowledge into everyone's emotional state and can see things that no one else can, and yet still feel socially stunted?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes to all of the above mentioned.

I call the connecting deeply 'mindmelding' in most scenarios, and it is difficult to find people who are both willing and capable of being on the same page to allow for it.

Also, that secret knowledge is that insight that can commonly leave us up against a brick wall. People aren't as one-dimensional as others are led to believe. There is commonly an ignorance to that fact, and a striving for surface relationships. It makes it more difficult to be someone that is aware of the depth of knowledge, without really being able to delve into it due to how it is often socially taboo.
-

Do you feel sometimes that it would just be easier to not be so in tune with others, beyond what they have even offered up to you, and to just exist with them on the surface level?
Do you find yourself struggling when you are genuinely intrigued by certain people, yet find that they are types that are the most likely to have difficult relating to you past a certain point?

changeling

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Yes to all of the above mentioned.

I call the connecting deeply 'mindmelding' in most scenarios, and it is difficult to find people who are both willing and capable of being on the same page to allow for it. Also, that secret knowledge is that insight that can commonly leave us up against a brick wall. People aren't as one-dimensional as others are led to believe. There is commonly an ignorance to that fact, and a striving for surface relationships. It makes it more difficult to be someone that is aware of the depth of knowledge, without really being able to delve into it due to how it is often socially taboo. -

Do you feel sometimes that it would just be easier to not be so in tune with others, beyond what they have even offered up to you, and to just exist with them on the surface level?
Do you find yourself struggling when you are genuinely intrigued by certain people, yet find that they are types that are the most likely to have difficult relating to you past a certain point?

Years ago I had an INFP friend who I was very intune with. However, she dumped our friendship like a hot potato and hurt me deeply. She said I was "too intense". Her loss, I'm an awesome friend...
I have not had a deep conection with a female friend since then. I long for that. I need that.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Years ago I had an INFP friend who I was very intune with. However, she dumped our friendship like a hot potato and hurt me deeply. She said I was "too intense". Her loss, I'm an awesome friend...
I have not had a deep conection with a female friend since then. I long for that. I need that.
I'm sorry to hear that. But, I can understand why ENFJs could be too intense for INFPs. Dom Fe is strong, so is dom Fi. Sometimes when they clash the results are catastrophic. Maybe your friend shut down because she was feeling bad and just needed to get away from it (INFPs do that). Unlike NFJs who end relationships for good -- the shutting off might not be permanent on her side?

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ

Story of my liiiife!

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ

Most certainly yes to all the above. Especially 3 and 4. :|

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do...interesting...nife traits?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Guilty of described.
Although i don't think that many people view me as strange anymore.

redacted

Yes to all. Although the N thrill isn't what it once was and people don't think I'm that odd (just a little :))

Do you feel like you have secret knowledge into everyone's emotional state and can see things that no one else can, and yet still feel socially stunted?

I don't know if I'd call it secret knowledge... I just happen to pay more attention to emotional states than most. Over the years I've specialized and learned some tricks, but anyone could see what I see. They just don't care as much.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No... I can pick up on individuals' emotional states if I am interacting with them or in close proximity. I don't tend to do this consciously, as in, I don't make an effort. I just get a "vibe". I don't feel this is any special talent....I suspect many people do this, to varying degrees of accuracy.

Not necessarily, but I feel this thrill when I "connect" with someone, regardless of type.

Yes.

Yes. People seem to find me aloof too. This is always surprising, every time.

G

Ginkgo

Yes.

Maybe. Was it accompanied by roller coasters?

Yes.

Yes.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, no, no, yes.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

...no

...yes -feels slightly guilty-

...yes

...probably but fuck 'em :D

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get a feel for the people I'm with automatically, I can easily get into the groove of a group.
I'm not good at telling types apart :p But I get excited for anyone I think is interesting.
Oh yes...
I love being seen as odd, and I catch myself going out of my way to be perceived as odd.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes
somewhat. It takes more than that for me to open up and feel like sharing anything
Yes, unfortunately. I am often very lonely because of this.
I know they do, but I can't misrepresent myself in order to make others see me as they wish me to be.