• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Dreams and Idealists

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I can remember quite a few dreams from early childhood (3 or 4 years of age) very vividly. I also remember talking about my dreams with people throughout my childhood (and life) quite often. I used to request my cousins and friends remember their dreams and tell them to me when I saw them next... funny thing is, I can remember one or two of theirs as well!

I also dream often, and have pretty good recollection of these dreams.... is this an INFJ thing, an Idealist thing, or is there no connection between the fact that I happen to be INFJ and am a big time "dreamer " :p

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I dream often and remember them for the most part. That may be due to the fact i have weird/freaky dreams.
(I remember dreams from a teenager. Before that i remember only real life)

The volcanic lava in Seattle was not a pleasant dream.
The boat on the dark lake was terrifying.
The huge hall with the amazing wooden table and tapestry was spectacular.
Floating above the houses and seeing the arial view was fricking awesome.
The houses that were bombed left me feeling sad.
I could go on.
I had a dream last week about my ex husband and when i spoke to my mother on Friday found out she had a dream about him the same night. Coincidence or what?

The reoccuring childhood dream was mainly the room with the black and white tiles and i'm either too big for the room or a tiny blip in the corner .. I still shiver about that.

I am an idealist but don't consider myself an NF :)

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Your reoccuring dream sounds a little like Alice in Wonderland

Mine were always about wolves...

I had one with Indians/"natives" in it as well....

I remember one with a kitten in it too! aw, I found a little orange kitten under my bed, and my pink jelly shoe that was missing... made my little 4 year old heart SO HAPPY!!!!!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a lot of strange dreams that I remember in intense detail. When I tell people about them, they tend to be a little freaked out because it's apparently not normal to remember everything that happened in a dream and retell it in a manner that sounds like it really happened. Sometimes, especially if I think about how realistic (meaning consistent in plot, character, and world structure) they are, how like movies they are, I do feel an instant of panic in not knowing which world is the real one.

I have no idea what causes it. I can vouch for the fact that my memory in real life is complete crap in comparison to dream memory.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have a lot of strange dreams that I remember in intense detail. When I tell people about them, they tend to be a little freaked out because it's apparently not normal to remember everything that happened in a dream and retell it in a manner that sounds like it really happened. Sometimes, especially if I think about how realistic (meaning consistent in plot, character, and world structure) they are, how like movies they are, I do feel an instant of panic in not knowing which world is the real one.I have no idea what causes it. I can vouch for the fact that my memory in real life is complete crap in comparison to dream memory.

Yeah... it's interesting, isn't it? Certain people/personality types, don't seem to remember their dreams all that much.. but I don't want to just assume based on my friends/ experiences. I can actually feel and taste things in my dreams. I remember one where I was shot in the head, I fell through the doorway and onto the ground, where I could feel the warm stickiness of the blood that was draining from my wound(s) pooling around me. I remember another where I was eating very delicious dried mangos... don't remember trying them before this, but when I finally got around to it in real life... they tasted suprisingly similar to the ones I had dreamt about. Do you dream in color? In my dreams, the colors are sometimes VERY vivid- more vivid even than in real life... best example for this was a dream about looking at the clouds, some of those clouds forming a horse that walked down from the sky to me, and was to be ridden by me to GOd... most indescribable beauty ever. His fur almost wasn't even like fur, it was almost like a combination between a watercolor and fur and clouds- and it was so strong! The horse had all the hues (and more!) that you can see in the clouds- grey, purple, pink, white... it was so large and beautiful... didn't have brown eyes... more of a purpley/blue grey cloud color of sorts... I never have seen anything so beautiful ever in my whole life. When I woke up, I just cried... wanted to be back on my horse traveling to Heaven... :/

I remember alot in real life... but my memories are kindof abstract I think... I mentioned this in another post... I seem to remember events, discussions, feelings, expressions and moments rather than specifics like... names, dates etc. Like when my brother came home from the hospital... I was 2.5 at the time. I remember I was coloring in my coloring book with an orange crayon, and my mom walked in with what I thought was a bag of groceries. I think I was coloring the picture for my mom... can't remember who was watching me at myhouse... don't remember going to see my brother in the hospital.... just those few moments when he first arrived home. It would be intersting to study how different personalities formulate thoughts at a young age, what they remember, and maybe why/how these memories are created... I bet it is different depending on personality (especially when comparing abstract and concrete thinkers)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been fascinated by dreams for most of my life. When I was younger I kept a dream journal for a while, but I'm just not routine enough to stick with it long (like other journals too).

I started having a recurring dream when I was about 15. It seems to come when I am having a really hard time with life, because I've gone sometimes 2-3 years without (remembering?) to have it, but then it comes back. The theme is always the same. It's very personal and I don't want it analyzed so I'm not sharing. I already have a good idea what it represents. And that in a nutshell is why I'm fascinated by my dreams and others.. because I am fascinated with the subcon and try very hard to tune into it, or understand what it is saying, I feel like I might have more understanding with "truth" or atleast an understanding of how my subcon is in conflict with my ego. Ofcourse I don't think every dream can be analyzed, or that every dream is significant. I think sometimes you just dream a heap of odd stuff that is tumbling around in your subcon wondering where it should be filed. I have noticed that I specifically dream about scenarios that I struggle with, but my dreams distort their image and what happens. I believe it is my minds way of still trying to work things out, or understand how I feel about them.

Some common dreams of mine are being in hallways with many rooms.. being in houses. I understand that a house often represents your self, rooms will be aspects.

I used to have a flying dream alot. I would dream I was being chased and the only way I could get away was by flying, but I had to flap my arms to do it, the harder I flapped the higher off the ground I'd get but it was SO tiresome. I would always dangle just barely above the strangers trying to get me and fear I would become too tired and drop.

I can recall real, bull-blown flying dreams that were beautiful. These involved being on a hillside with amazing trees and flowers, sun, and I found that If I waited for the wind to blow at me hard I could some how catch it, let it scoop me off the ground, and then be able to fly around without effort for small periods of time, landing and then waiting again. Yes, these were nostalgic.

I've also had a few nostalgic dreams about water. These dreams stick out because they are almost other worldly, and I wake up thinking.. how did I imagine that? I've never seen anything like it in reality.

But mostly my dreams coincide with reality. In the sense that they consist of people, places, and often animals! that are here. I have had dreams feel so strong and real that I've woken up and been MAD at people in real life for a few hours before I can shake the bad dream of them off.

Moxiest, I seem to remember things similarly to you. THis is a cognitive processing thing, I saw it on a test one time.. I think it relays more to inuitive vs sensing. But I can almost never recall words that were said verbatum, I remember aspects of things. I remember how things were in relation to others, the undertone, the feeling, other things that were going on at that point.. but I have a very hard time remembering back to exactly what someone looked like, was wearing, or saying.