User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    This made me tear up a little because, secretly, I'm one of the greatest artists.

I went to Wal-Mart before reading this, and I bought numerous art supplies. It occurred to me that I want make my own shirts/ clothing. Not the clothing itself, rather, I'd make a whole bunch of orginal t-shirts, like dozens or hundreds. So I bought various paints and dyes.

I wonder if this will just sit there like the kiln, which has sat there since last September.

I also have lots of paint, which only occasionally gets used. Like a few thousand dollars worth of oil and acrylic artist paint.

But, wow, I stop much quicker than 60 rejections. I need to take some vitamins or something.
    That's awesome!! . I'm so glad you found a creative outlet. . And um.... Yeah I have a lot of art supplies myself. Oil paints and brushes, watercolor paints and brushes, canvases.... Book making supplies, handmade paper.... And yeah I shall stop there. I've thought about getting a kiln, haha!

Ginkgo

Cannon fodder

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Don't determine your level of "practicality" by your domestic quotient. I assure you, I am as undomestic as they come - I eat dried blocks of ramen for dinner, never separate my laundry (just jam them into the fucking washer), pay my roommate to iron my clothes and hire housekeepers. I EAT OFF OF PLASTIC PLATES AND SPORKS.

But in terms of what really matters, such as work and career, I'm pretty ace. Home stuff doesn't really matter, especially since you won't be there much anyway, if life's going well. Unless you want to be a housewife.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think the point here is - we are actually pretty good at anything we care deeply about. Is that practical? Well - it is if you find the right venue. For instance, some folks would say literary analysis isn't practical, but if its your passion, you would probably make a kick ass literature teacher. Teaching is practical; literary interpretation some what would think is important; some might not.

So - what causes do you care about more than anything in this world? INFPs are about our causes. Or, what do you really like to do for fun? What makes you happiest? Sure, we don't offer tangible skills like engineers, but we're still pretty darn effective when we find our niche. We're pretty fabulous with our behavioral analysis skills. We can do things like negotiate hostage situations, calm down crazy people, get people to share really privileged information that they should probably not be sharing with us. I think we're pretty slick in our practicality that way, actually.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFPs fill several demands
    - they are most imaginative of all the types (I don't need to verify this, it's self evident if one looks at the obscenely disproportionate number of INFP authors and writers. they make up at least half of the best writers in the world ) and the best at coming up with rich, entertaining fantasy worlds and stories to entertain people
    - they're great at counselling people, or just for listening when you just need someone to vent to
    - in a world were most people are shitty friends, INFPs usually are not
    - INFPs are usually wonderful role models and great with children
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I'm really good at useless things the world doesn't seem to care about.

Luckily, I can make it care. Sometimes. It might take an occassional bitchslap, but that's a minor detail. I'd say the most useless INFP would be the one who doesn't bitchslap. Then we're really screwed.

ahem: i do not speak for all infps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's been touched on a bit in the thread, but I've also thought about how many positive traits associated with INFPs are highly valued, but as a friend, a marriage mate, a parent, etc, not as a business person or employee. These things aren't "practical" in the sense that they don't make money; they are basically priceless & difficult to measure at all. I think that's what the joke on the first page is about, the idea that we are "ornamental", like a priceless piece of art. It certainly has value, depth, meaning, etc, but it's not actively making money. The owner of it probably feels pretty pleased to have it though. Not to equate INFPs to objects to be displayed either, but just further emphasizing the idea that not being natural business people or having marketable skills doesn't mean we don't have value or purpose in life, that we don't contribute anything significant. You just can't put a price on much of what we do. I mean, do you ever see "good listener" on a job description? I have yet to see it, but it's an important quality in any personal relationship....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Applicable INFP jobs with the potential of making a lot of money:

intelligence officers (aka spies)
    political analysts
    psychiatrists/clinical psychologists
    investigators
    pretty much any management job ever in government or NGO work not dealing primarily with fiscal work
    college professors

not so much money but fulfilling:
    chaplaincy
    counseling
    any non-profit human service work
    teaching
    librarians

I can keep on...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

If you find a work you like just keep working. If you don't find anything you feel good at, don't worry: believe in yourself, you can do everything. Working is only a part of life, you can be happy even if your work isn't the most paid/socially helpful/anything else. Maybe your purpose in this life is about family or something else.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like "Gifts Differing" which is a MBTI book written by an INFP, and in it are percentages from small sample groups for occupations is almost never zero. Thus, INFPs can be almost anything.

Further, it seemed that INFPs are rare. Thus some career that is "strong" for an INFP means that there might be 6% INFPs doing that job rather than 1.5%. So one could look at careers/ activities based on where the percentage of INFPs is higher than general population, but INFPs are likely to still be minority since they are rare, like unicorns.