User Tag List

First 234

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Not selfish, just motivated by self interests. Passion for individual rights is the core of Fi, and as such it is the preservation mechanism of the ego. Whereas Fe found more dominantly in INFJs and ENFJs is the altruistic element, the superego mechanism.
    This is what Jung as to say about Fi and the ego:

"So long as the ego feels subordinate to the unconscious subject, and the feeling is aware of something higher and mightier than the ego, the type (Fi-Introverted Feeling) is normal. Although the thinking type is archaic, its reductive tendencies help to compensate the occasional fits of trying to exalt the ego of the subject." P. 249-50, The Portable Jung.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This is what Jung as to say about Fi and the ego:
    I'm sorry I don't speak Jung. Would you mind translating it for me? It sounds to me like as long as the individual believes in something greater than their self interests, then they will not be dominated by their Fi. What would that something higher be? The greater good? God? The innate goodness in humanity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

heart on fire

It says that as long as the person holds up some higher purpose than themselves then their Fi will not be used to glorify their own ego, but rather the higher purpose.

Fi will also express different as Third function than it will as Dom function, just as Te in the INFP is different than it is as dom function.

MBTI
    OMNi

It says that as long as the person holds up some higher purpose than themselves then their Fi will not be used to glorify their own ego, but rather the higher purpose.

Fi will also express different as Third function than it will as Dom function, just as Te in the INFP is different than it is as dom function.
    Of course, the Fi does find ways to serve the ego under the illusion of a higher purpose. That would be through philosophical and political philosophies which argue that the highest values are self preservation and individual rights.

heart on fire

Of course, the Fi does find ways to serve the ego under the illusion of a higher purpose. That would be through philosophical and political philosophies which argue that the highest values are self preservation and individual rights.
    Fe could be used to create control freakers paradise under the illusion of helping others. (Even when others do not desire help, but Fe needs to help!) Both have their extremes.

You seem to be trying to tie Ayn Rand type politics to ALL those who have Fi as a function in their profile. I am Fi dom and I have no attraction to Ayn Rand. I find her ideas an anathema .

All Dom functions can be said to be Ego Orientating:

Fe: What network of obligations am I bound into? How will this affect or define my relationships with other people?

Fi: What is alive here and what are its needs, and what does unconditional moral principle call upon me to do about it? What will make my soul pure?

Introverted Feeling has different aspects depending on where it is in the function ranking, In INTJ it is the child function and will express with more self interest, just as with me, Si will express in a much more self interested way than in say an ISFJ:

Introverted Feeling

When dealing with a dominant function, I always find it most helpful to read Jung himself:

The Psychological Types by Carl Jung

MBTI
    OMNi

You seem to be trying to tie Ayn Rand type politics to ALL those who have Fi as a function in their profile. I am Fi dom and I have no attraction to Ayn Rand. I find her ideas an anathema .
    Oh you caught me. Ayn Rand was an INTJ and I do believe that her philosophy originated from an extreme form of Fi. I'm sure there are also some communistic philosophies that are born from Fe, but the divide between individualism and collectivism seems most evident in comparison of extreme Fi/Fe values.

heart on fire

Oh you caught me. Ayn Rand was an INTJ and I do believe that her philosophy originated from an extreme form of Fi. I'm sure there are also some communistic philosophies that are born from Fe, but the divide between individualism and collectivism seems most evident in comparison of extreme Fi/Fe values.
    There is more going on with INTJ than just Fi, but again, I stress that Fi will have a different tone and flavor as 3rd function than as 1st or 2nd function. You seem to be overlooking this.

I cannot agree about a gulf always between Fe and Fi. Me and my husband totally agree on political matters. He's INFJ. Me and my ISFP friend cannot see eye to eye on politics and have to refrain from discussing the topic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    She put white <joke> </joke> tags around it.

I was about to bite some heads off until I highlighted her words.
    Yes, but there are jokes and then there are "jokes".