Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default 2 Kinds of Fi users

basically, my hypothesis is that, like phobic/counterphobic 6s, there are 2 orientations one can take towards using Fi. as with the phobic/counterphobic 6s, this is not an inherent part of the temperament, but a response to the temperament (hence, all Fi users will do a little bit of both) essentially the 2 types are
    1) Harmony Seeking Fi: these are your stereotypical IXFP flower child passifists. they do not believe in using force of any kind and value mercy, forgiveness and peace above all else. examples of this subtype include
    - Princess Diana
    - Jeremy Irons
    - Neil Diamond
    - Jack Black
    - Audry Hepburn

Fictional:
    - Hickup (How to Train Your Dragon)
    - Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

2) Justice Seeking Fi: this type of Fi user takes an entirely different approach. they value justice above mercy and believe that evil needs to be punished. people of this subtype are very interested in defending the weak, exacting justice and being a pillar of strength for those who can't defend themselves. they aren't necessarily violent or aggressive, but they are will go through much greater lengths to assert their convictions and see them through to fruition. they will not sit by and watch if they see something that needs to be changed
    examples of this subtype include:
    - Joan of Arc
    - Malcolm X
    - Ron Paul
    - Alex Jones
    - Che Guevara

Fictional:
    - Magneto
    - Darth Vader
    - Ralphy (A Christmas Story)
    - Light Yagami
    - Judge Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    - Eowyn (Lord of the Rings)

PS: TJs can also display either of these 2 orientations toward Fi
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I agree there's often these two different flavors of Fi usage, where one is seemingly one or the other.

But the same could be said for Fe, I think. An extremely significant memory I have is long ago an INFJ on here said something to the effect of they try to treat everyone with the philosophy in mind that ultimately everyone wants love or to be loved, something like that. Then you have the bossy, domineering Social Rules of Appropriateness Enforcers type. Two different subclasses, the same system of distinction you suggested of Fi.

Interesting food for thought though (interesting to ponder the Fx functions as being one or the other).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    I agree there's often these two different flavors of Fi usage, where one is seemingly one or the other.

But the same could be said for Fe, I think. An extremely significant memory I have is long ago an INFJ on here said something to the effect of they try to treat everyone with the philosophy in mind that ultimately everyone wants love or to be loved, something like that. Then you have the bossy, domineering Social Rules of Appropriateness Enforcers type. Two different subclasses, the same system of distinction you suggested of Fi.

Interesting food for thought though (interesting to ponder the Fx functions as being one or the other).
    no, Fe users have the a different split between rigid social protocol and harmony/love. there values are pulled from community values and they will fight for sake of others, but Fe users lack the conviction and fiery resolve to bring about justice that is exclusive to Fi users.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I sense a clear bias in your OP.

But to be on topic, I am a pacifist. I'm not too flowery, however.

Ninja editing screwed everything up.

This post has been edited.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    Hm? I was suggesting that "love to all (in general)" and "Rule Haver/Enforcer" were two different flavors of Fe as well. I wasn't suggesting Fe users have the same value system as Fi users. Or maybe I misunderstand what you're saying here.
    oh, fair enough, but I think in Fi users the orientation is much more pronounced.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I sense a clear bias in your OP.

But to be on topic, I am a pacifist. I'm not too flowery, however.
    hardly. the description of the justice seeking Fi users was more glamorous, but that's only because, well, they are. they are advocates for justice and much more intense and charismatic, thus an accurate description of them will be as well. however, this is balanced out by the fact that many of them are villains. it's easy for them to loose it and go off the deep end
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    basically, my hypothesis is that, like phobic/counterphobic 6s, there are 2 orientations one can take towards using Fi. as with the phobic/counterphobic 6s, this is not an inherent part of the temperament, but a response to the temperament (hence, all Fi users will do a little bit of both) essentially the 2 types are
    1) Harmony Seeking Fi: these are your stereotypical IXFP flower child passifists. they do not believe in using force of any kind and value mercy, forgiveness and peace above all else.
    2) Justice Seeking Fi: this type of Fi user takes an entirely different approach. they value justice above mercy and believe that evil needs to be punished. people of this subtype are very interested in defending the weak, exacting justice and being a pillar of strength for those who can't defend themselves. they aren't necessarily violent or aggressive, but they are will go through much greater lengths to assert their convictions and see them through to fruition. they will not sit by and watch if they see something that needs to be changed
    It seems I am closer to first orientation, but I am interested in defending the weak. I've always had a predisposition to defend someone ever since I was a kid. Hell, I'm so bad at that that I would even defend the person who I am defending someone from! I've never felt vengeance though.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    It seems I am closer to first orientation, but I am interested in defending the weak. I've always had a predisposition to defend someone ever since I was a kid. Hell, I'm so bad at that that I would even defend the person who I am defending someone from! I've never felt vengeance though.
    yeah, you're too nice to be the second subtype bro
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yeah, you're too nice to be the second subtype bro
    Do you think the first subtype could be interested in defending the weak, but not necessarily in a 'justice-seeking' way?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥