Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
Yes, that makes sense. I see the association with P, as being J-dom, I don't experience this confusion (I have my own kind of identity crises, but it's not in relation to external situations the way the OP describes). Since a person is most defined by their dominant thinking, and P functions are more "fickle" than J functions, then a P type might be less apt to settle on one view for their identity or opinions.

I used to think Fe types often waited to hear others' opinions before forming theirs (as I've seen so many do it), but the more I think of it, it's mostly Fe-aux, not Fe-dom. I'll see Fe-dom more likely to state their opinion definitely but persuasively, or lock into those agreeing with them to form consensus to sway others...okay, I'm going on a tangent now .
*goes on a tangent*

I think that is the reason why Aux-J types might come off as a bit too criticizing or taking up space. It is judging something already judging. Aux-P types are looking for ideas, not judgement on a Dom-J.

Likewise, Aux-P types might come off as a little bit scattered because Aux-P types are giving ideas where the Dom-P types are already doing so. Aux-J types are looking for answers, not more questions. When the answer gives more questions, it creates problems as ideas need to be fixed/scrapped.

It all has to deal with how good the person is at using the auxiliary function. Aux-P types need to learn that not all answers given to them are to criticize the Dom-J. Aux-J types need to learn that not all answers given are to confuse the Dom-P type more than it needs to.

It is also probably why going towards Tert-P/J seems easier.