User Tag List

First 123 Last

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I remember hubby's and my kids... that's it. And I too am terrible with names.. even "associations" backfire. I once called to talk to a salesman I had dealt with and asked for Mr. Fish.... the person on the line laughed and said "Oh, you mean Jim Trout." I'm good with numbers though... can just glance and them and remember. Hmmm... then again, maybe its visual... I'll have to check that out.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't celebrate birthdays. I never buy people gifts. I just don't give shit. I sometimes remember them, though.

MBTI
    ?

ihm....i sometimes forget birthdays....
    for example, when it was my mom's name day, i had no idea about it( even though she does celebrate it) and i forgot to buy her a present.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

if I am busy then yes the day can pass with me not mentioning it to the person, but typically I don't forget anything with a number in it that is important to me.

typically I don't forget much of anything, unless of course I am in my own personal abyss
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I know when most of the birthdays are, I just don't know what today is.

I have started using amazon's reminder calendar for those I buy gifts for recently, though. I really don't like wandering around stores trying to think what to get people, so doing it online is much more pleasant and convenient.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Like Targo and Cafe, I remember family birthdays. I usually know at least the month in which friends' birthdays fall. To help with the date, I have a decorative perpetual calendar on my wall; the only problem is remembering to flip it over when the month changes. Sometimes I miss those whose birthdays are May 1 and November 1.

Remembering friends and family on their birthdays is important to me. I usually send a card or e-card, or mark the day in some other way, liking taking a friend out for lunch or coffee. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow; she said she wants a raspberry cake.

My INTP husband doesn't remember his mother's birthday and this causes a last-minute flurry of plans every year. I don't think he remembers the day of our anniversary either.

We also commemorate anniversaries of relatives and close friends who've died, so those go on the calendar as well.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    It's my mother's birthday today... it didn't immediately pop up in my mind... until I was reminded of the date. I have difficulty tracking dates... compounding on my inability to recall exact names and numbers... no surprise that I am bad at recalling birthdays.

The only way I would remember it is if I have something planned specifically for that day. Otherwise no...
    Ok, Im not the only one!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Do you forget birthdays?
    Yes.
    But not the birthdays of my own family members (the closest people to me).
    See, it's quite hard to forget the birthdays of the children you have given birth to.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Happy Birthday!?
    thanks but now... it's not my birthday!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I actually remember people's birthdays pretty regularly, if they were part of my life enough that I learned them in the first place. I still remember some friends' birthdays from childhood, and even the birthdays of people I've dated. The day approaches or arrives and I'm thinking of them.

(The problem is more like, "I forgot to schedule a time where I *could* go buy them a card and then actually had a stamp handy to put in their mail; or then I couldn't find their address; or I'm feeling introverted and don't want to talk to anyone today.")

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    thanks but now... it's not my birthday!
    Don't worry, he's got 270 or so more chances this year (unless it already passed... then, tough luck).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft