• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Male and Masculinity

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, I just wanted to be contrary. I have no idea what you are, but if you think you are an ENFP, then it is good enough for me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
masculinity is like religion a societal phaenomenom. It was created to calm people who had to work unfair jobs like steel workers, they all were clouded behind the wall of masculinity so they had no chance to ever rethink their existence. If there is such a thing like masculinity, it is defined by completly different values than television tells us. And it has a huge intersection with what would be feminity, which in essence would revolve around mutual care.

I find the whole op trivial; sensitivity being expressed when you read a sad book ? Well if thats the crown of sensitivity then I am the horse whisperer

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, I just wanted to be contrary. I have no idea what you are, but if you think you are an ENFP, then it is good enough for me.

oh, it's not you :D
I just don't want this to turn into another "Elfboy is delusional and doesn't know his type" thread. we have quite enough of those already :yes:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy doesn't know what he wants from life and is delusional. Muahahaha *begins a thread derail*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you think I am then, ENTJ :D

to elaborate, not all NFs are depressed poet, reclusive romantics. ENFPs have teritary Te that can be very assertive and masculine when well developed (and it helps them get the ladies of course :cool: )

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
to elaborate, not all NFs are depressed poet, reclusive romantics. ENFPs have teritary Te that can be very assertive and masculine when well developed (and it helps them get the ladies of course :cool: )

Hopefully it helps them too

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hopefully it helps them too

honestly it helps a lot. when I developed Te all of a sudden it was like "sweet, I can stand up for myself now and actually know what to say" (before I would just get frustrated but with no clue of what to say or do)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thats good. I do a similiar thing with Fe, just smile and get away with everything :D

Nicodemus

when I developed Te all of a sudden it was like "sweet, I can stand up for myself now and actually know what to say" (before I would just get frustrated but with no clue of what to say or do)
I nominate this for the most ill-informed, 'typology'-infested bullshit comment of the month.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
masculinity is like religion a societal phaenomenom. It was created to calm people who had to work unfair jobs like steel workers, they all were clouded behind the wall of masculinity so they had no chance to ever rethink their existence. If there is such a thing like masculinity, it is defined by completly different values than television tells us. And it has a huge intersection with what would be feminity, which in essence would revolve around mutual care.
I find the whole op trivial; sensitivity being expressed when you read a sad book ? Well if thats the crown of sensitivity then I am the horse whisperer

Can you elaborate on this?
What 'mutual care'? for whom? Masculinity is an aspect of economics? Is that what you're implying with the 'steel worker' allusion?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I nominate this for the most ill-informed, 'typology'-infested bullshit comment of the month.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPXprKOybw&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Can you elaborate on this?
What 'mutual care'? for whom? Masculinity is an aspect of economics? Is that what you're implying with the 'steel worker' allusion?

Well if you dont understand what I mean with 'mutual care' when I speak about the two gender aspects, you wouldnt understand if I'd elaborate further

rav3n

I don't think most male NFs resent the so-called "feminine" aspects of their personality. They resent the fact that women aren't attracted to them because of it.
This I don't understand for three reasons:
  1. It's assuming that women aren't attracted for what NF males perceive as "feminine" aspects of their personalities.
  2. It also resonates with a sense of need to be viewed as universally attractive.
  3. It also takes the perspective of being a victim.
Being an ENTJ female, I don't resent men for having their preferences and don't "blame" their reasoning on myself being an NT woman, although that's quite possible but is kind of moot to me. Of the ones who aren't attracted, they have their right to feel that way since attraction isn't something people can control. Quite frankly, the ones who aren't attracted, I don't recall being attracted to and have no interest in being considered universally attractive. As an individual, I exist as me.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPXprKOybw&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Well if you dont understand what I mean with 'mutual care' when I speak about the two gender aspects, you wouldnt understand if I'd elaborate further

No. the problem is that you can't speak English very well. lack of clarity is not a proxy for sophistication.

E

Epiphany

This I don't understand for three reasons:
  1. It's assuming that women aren't attracted for what NF males perceive as "feminine" aspects of their personalities.
  2. It also resonates with a sense of need to be viewed as universally attractive.
  3. It also takes the perspective of being a victim.
Being an ENTJ female, I don't resent men for having their preferences and don't "blame" their reasoning on myself being an NT woman, although that's quite possible but is kind of moot to me. Of the ones who aren't attracted, they have their right to feel that way since attraction isn't something people can control. Quite frankly, the ones who aren't attracted, I don't recall being attracted to and have no interest in being considered universally attractive. As an individual, I exist as me.

There seems to be a sense of misogyny that overshadows both genders. A woman who is considered to have a "masculine" personality, whatever that may be: vocal, authoritative, take-charge attitude, will probably be regarded as more attractive than a man who is considered feminine: sensitive, cautious, quiet-natured. Again, I don't think those qualities define either gender, but they seem to be stereotypes that are often reiterated in society, blatantly or subtly, by both genders.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No. the problem is that you can't speak English very well. lack of clarity is not a proxy for sophistication.

how about you learn german ?

and besides people most of the time dont understand me in german as well. Thats a good way to appear like a sage tho you are dumb like batshit :D

rav3n

There seems to be a sense of misogyny that overshadows both genders. A woman who is considered to have a "masculine" personality, whatever that may be: vocal, authoritative, take-charge attitude, will probably be regarded as more attractive than a man who is considered feminine: sensitive, cautious, quiet-natured. Again, I don't think those qualities define either gender, but they seem to be stereotypes that are often reiterated in society, blatantly or subtly, by both genders..
Mask, can you honestly say the bolded with a straight face? As well, it continues to take a victim's stance where none of us are victims. We're individuals having traits that attract some and turn off others.

E

Epiphany

Mask, can you honestly say the bolded with a straight face? As well, it continues to take a victim's stance where none of us are victims. We're individuals having traits that attract some and turn off others.

Yeah, I honestly can. I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

E

Epiphany

Why are you avoiding the victim aspect? As adults, none of us are victims if we're willing to view attraction in realistic terms.

Because you are the one who is accusing me of having a victim mentality. I certainly don't view myself that way. Am I venting? Sure. Many people do. Romance is what it is. Feelings aren't always rational and people aren't going to necessarily make rational decisions when it comes to choosing a partner. You can agree or disagree with me. I don't care.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah, I honestly can. I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

Its still bullshit. There are a dozen woman on this world who are more educated and who not only look for a partner but a soul mate. The concept that every jack will find his jill is true, I've seen it a billion of times. Being a sensitive man normally increases your chances dramatically, being a masculine man normally doesnt give you too many relationships, but long lasting ones. This is veryx trivial and no rule of thumb, but one thing is for sure: what attracts woman to you will change with age a couple of times. While at age 16 the woman go for the bad boys, at age 25 this will have changed again. There are tho some woman, who even at age 16 had the wisdom of knowing whats good for them and those are those you want.

It's anything but limited to only one aspect, like you have to be masculine or good looking or whatsoever. Especially America is a very diversified culture, on the one hand you have a lot of superficiality on the other hand your culture runs very deep and its morales have profound meaning. I wouldnt fly the white flag too fast if I was you