Thread: Am I an NF?

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Post Am I an NF?

Hey guys I'm kinda new to this forum and am yet again wandering what my MBTI is? I definetely know I'm an Introvert but have been classed as an INFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ, INTP, and even an ISTP. I've got a little blog (don't know if any of you read it in my introduction post) so hopefully it might help you to type me. Thanks heaps.

Small steps forward

MBTI
    INTP

No, I don't think so. ISTJ would be my guess.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

You need to post more info about you. I read your blog (It was fun to read btw) and I actually do see how you *could* be an NF, simply because your writing partly takes the form of inspriring and connecting, but i also sense a strong undertone of 'this is how people should be' or view it, or whatever. I do notice metaphor usage.. I don't know all that many NF's that would be interested or invest so much time in a physical/sensory realm such as athletic pursuiits.. but hey, anythings possible depending on the values one holds. THe J seems blatant with the preoccupation of time, getting stuff done, overcoming obstacles.

What does the cognitive functions test type you as?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Hi Huxley3112, I took a cognitive Functions test and this is the order in which I scored on each function, from highest to lowest.
    Ni,Fe,Fi,Ti,Se,Ne,Te, Si.

As for my athletic pursuits, running aside I don't really enjoy exercise. The reason I do these things is because it's transformed me into a better person. To succeed in Endurnce sports you build your own compass on where you want to go and how fast you sail to your destination is up to you. In life it's the same. You have dreams; connecting with people is the first step towards getting a big blow of wind in one's sails. Being patient enough to develop a personal relationship with someone is indicative you care about more than just what they can do for you. Endurance sports has taught me to be patient in life, to persist with a dream or goal when the going get's really hard. And there's the inspiration side to it. I'm highly introverted and being the centre of attention is something which overwhelms me immensely but nothing is greater hearing friends and family saying "You walking for 20 hours inspired me to do this." That's just a few of the reasons. Hope it's not too overwhelming.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Well, your functions are VERY INFJ.
    I don't see anything in your writing style or goals that would indicate otherwise. Infact, I didn't mean to say that NF's can't be physically active. Now I think about it.. a very good INFJ friend of mine absolutely LOVES working out. It's a stress reliever for her, and she is so consistant and dedicated that she is quite inspiring for the rest of us. It has alot to do with her thoroughly enjoying challenges. So ya.. that wasn't fair for me to say about NF's. Anyhow, It's a neat type to be! Welcome to the forum..
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Thanks for your feeback Huxley3112 and Offog for your thoughts. Thinking about it for a while, it became clear that quite a few NF's have this sort of doubt sometimes whether they've been typed correctly. But great to be here discussing these ideas and theories with you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

If it's bothering you and you keep second-guessing you're most likely an NF, - welcome to the club. I had this endless INFJ/INFP battle to only find out I was INFP, because INFJs are actually much different when it comes to MBTI functions.
    You should check them out... 'cause tests, and all that other crap can be unreliable.

Check these pages out:

http://jamesbkim.com/content/mbti-cognitive-functions
    http://jamesbkim.com/content/definit...tive-functions
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Thanks flameskull95 for the web links. It was interesting reading

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

IxFJ. I don't think you're an intuitive. I say this because many/all of your blog posts seem down to earth, concrete, etc.

If you are an intuitive, you're definitely an INFJ. But you seem like a really weak N. I'd be curious to see your results on the similarminds test.

An enneagram would be nice to know as well.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Hi negative zero, I've taken all the MBTI tests on Similar minds and got INFJ each time. Reading through the descriptions, INFJ is more suited to me than ISFJ. But yes you are correct. My N is very weak. The results were
    Introversion 75% Extraversion 25%
    Intuition 55% Sensing 45%
    Feeling 57% Thinking 43%
    Judging 60% Perceiving 40%