User Tag List

First 123 Last

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

...actually that's it probably...maybe that's what the crux of my grievance is with this person. She most likely did not have huge malicious intent when she did what she did. This person is a master strategist and plays people too. That said It is most likely that it was not because she hates me with a vengeance: She thought I was replaceable and with someone she felt would have the same standard of work I did and would be easier for her to get along with and someone she would not have to negotiate so much. But as things are generally not as "epic" for her as things are in my world, she thought there was no reason why we couldn't still be friends socially and since I got mopy she'd throw me little shinding to cheer me up. Now if you're like me, if I were to pinpoint a person in my work team I had a hard time getting my way with (she'd be one) and systematically criticise her to the rest of the team with the precise intent to get my guy in top replace them from a project they'd invested years in once it was proving to be successfull, and knowing that this person was 100%invested in this project, a workaholic and done tons of integral work on it. Well I'll tell you what, I'd be able to do that only if I really really hated their guts with a vengeance. I now do actually believe she hasn't got the eye to see the impact her actions always have on other kind of people... the emotional intelligence perhaps.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I wouldn't suggest judging ALL ESTPs based on your interaction with one ESTP... my sis is an INFJ and other than the fact that she is incredibly stubborn about EVERYTHING, I get along with her perfectly fine. We grew up together and went to the same college and managed not to kill one another.

Of course you post this when I'm considering firing an IxFJ at work for refusing to put in adequate effort, but it's nothing personal- it's because she isn't doing her job (and I've already talked to her about it a few times!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ThatGirl

They smell like cookies.

Oh, no. It's the alpha male cookie monster routine.

ThatGirl

Well it is true!

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I wouldn't suggest judging ALL ESTPs based on your interaction with one ESTP... my sis is an INFJ and other than the fact that she is incredibly stubborn about EVERYTHING, I get along with her perfectly fine. We grew up together and went to the same college and managed not to kill one another.

Of course you post this when I'm considering firing an IxFJ at work for refusing to put in adequate effort, but it's nothing personal- it's because she isn't doing her job (and I've already talked to her about it a few times!)
    No definitely not judging based on one example. The last comment was specifically about my experience with one specific person and our differences. I guess I just have to delve into the ESTP profiles online to research some on the type, since I'm now intrigued.
    In any case karma took care of the actual situation i was in because the whole project ended up falling apart right after I left. I was the glue that held it together, mediating between cliques playing diplomat. In this case it was also a little crazy to drive me away because it was a creative project and I was actually the person who created the content and gave it identity. She did PR. Others admin type functions and sales type functions...What is PR for if you have no quality content? The replacement she had for me was an interpreter of content, not creator of content. My friend weirdly enough did not grasp the difference...so it came around and bit her on her own you know what, and subsequently all our years of effort went down the drain, save for learned skills. ...but this is really just sharing my experience with this random person I know.

I guess I just have to hit the books unless someone wants to give me a lowdown on what makes ESTPs tick. Maybe I'll go poke around on the ESTP forum.

Halla is awesome and he is married to an INFJ.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Halla is awesome and he is married to an INFJ.
    That's what people tell me. I'm new here. I'm sure he's a wonderful person. He is surely well loved.

As I just said I was talking about a specific case and people have already informed me that the way this person conducted herself did not sound like behaviour characteristic of ESTPs... so in that sense my thread is now pointless.

I don't know who smells like cookies... me like cookies though...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

My best friend is an ESTP, we are on different wavelengths at times but we have been friends for 10 years now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

I had the most crushing crush on an ESTP once. He was sooo smooth. *swoon* And our conversations just flowed, like rapid, but shallow rivers. I made him take a personality test and he wasn't interested; he only made jokes about ESP, since I hadn't been sure of the T yet. ...yeah. *cough*

But I concede mixed feeling towards ESTPs. I admire my dad, who straddles the border between ESTP and ENTP, for his wit and spontaneous competence in the world, his persuasive capabilities and seeming ease as he navigates a world that suddenly becomes dangerous and thrilling as he goes through it - but I loathe his poor decision-making, his inability to appreciate silence and see what I consider reality, his occasional fakeness and preoccupation with his unrealistic plans that never work out. But obviously, he could be N, and this is just my experience. I haven't gotten close to any other identified ESTPs.