• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs: Do you like your career/job? If so, what do you do?

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
So for my own self and in relation to some of the INFJ profiles, the focus on helping others grow either through counseling or teaching, the one-on-one work instead of dealing with groups of people, and the challenge of needing to see the world through the eyes of the other person using empathy all seem consistent with what could make an INFJ feel fulfilled.

So all other things being equal, theoretically an INFJ gal would be very fulfilled as a stay at home wife and mom?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So all other things being equal, theoretically an INFJ gal would be very fulfilled as a stay at home wife and mom?
Possibly.

Here is a link to a profile that talks about INFJ's focus on growth and relates to the points i made.

Everything revolves around growth. Caring is about the ability to help others grow. What I bring is caring about people, not things. If we spent more time trying to understand each other's point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've done that for most of my adult life. I loved that I was able to do it and never doubted that is was the right choice for our family, but I never felt like I was particularly good at it or found it very fulfilling. It can be very isolating and there is little sense of accomplishment. I mean, you know you are accomplishing something very important, but it feels like nothing ever stays done and you almost don't feel like a real person in your own right. I know some people really make it work and I'm sure there are INFJs who love it and do great with it. I just never really felt that way.

Now that my kids are older (9, 11, 13, & 15) I feel a little sad that they don't need me as much, but at the same time, I feel like I've been paroled. I recently started working part time (cleaning a department store before opening) and it feels good.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I currently work part time at a local care home as a housekeeper, kitchen assistant and hostess. I love it because it can be very fulfilling to help the residents. I hate it because I don't believe that they get the best that they could get. Couple this with the fact that staff regularly get treated like absolute crap and it's incredibly frustrating to work there. Injustices and hypocritical behaviour everywhere! Aaaaah! I wouldn't be able to survive more than the 21 hours a week that I do.

My ideal job? I used to think I'd work with animals but I'm not sure. I'm currently studying Psychology and Literature so I'll see where that takes me. All that stereotypical stuff about INFJs wanting something where they'll feel they're improving the world/connecting with people etc... yeah, I can relate to that. I would also love to get novels published, but whether I could hack it as a full-time writer I don't know. If I could, I'd want my books to make a real impact.

kafkacat

Enneagram
inxj
i'm setting my goals on becoming a therapist, it's the only thing i can see myself doing. I hate big groups. a small few is all i can handle, i am extreemly sensitive to others feelings. I think i'm an empath.

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
Furniture sales. Interesting, considering I am an introvert.

You currently work in furniture sales? And like it? Please, elaborate! My dad works in a similar field, but he is ENTP with some I tendencies. I don't think I could ever sell things willingly/well.

Oh, and I don't know what career would fulfill me. :shrug: I'm thinking academia, research, and so on, in psychology/neuroscience, but I'm not sure yet.

I used to think I would be a veterinarian, a writer, or an artist. Currently I think I'll just have pets, volunteer at an animal shelter, hopefully publish some books, and doodle aimlessly in order to satisfy those desires. But I do wonder what I would be like had I chosen those pathways - it would've been easy.

rieth

MBTI Type
infj
I work as a freelance graphic designer. I love it. It is both creative and detail-oriented, which fits my INFJ inclinations. My ability to schedule deadlines and projects (J) is very needed. I use my N to come up with design ideas. I use my F to intuit how the visual message will impact viewers. Freelancing suits my I because I do not have to make small talk with coworkers all the time, but I can go meet friends when I want. The only thing that frustrates me is that the work is bounded by what clients need...so I need to do my own art on the side still, and there is never enough time for that....!!