• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Good Examples of INFJs

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what are some good examples of INFJs? given the only obvious example I can think of is Tom Cruise, I'm in need of a few more examples. who are some shining examples of INFJs that give a good impression of the type as a whole

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure these are open for debate....

Commonly typed as INFJ:
Gandhi
Martin Luther King Jr.

Pop culture figures I see as INFJ:
Bono - U2
Morrissey - The Smiths

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm sure these are open for debate....Pop culture figures I see as INFJ:
Bono - U2

I like your other picks, but Bono really seems like an ENFJ to me. He has such a huge personality and tries to be everything to everyone. But I acknowledge I am not a U2 expert.

Starry

given the only obvious example I can think of is Tom Cruise...

Where are you getting this? Do people commonly type Tom Cruise as an INFJ or something? Because that isn't obvious to me at all. I would say he was a big-time Sensor. I am not even remotely a fan of Tom Cruise...but am interested in this now.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where are you getting this? Do people commonly type Tom Cruise as an INFJ or something? Because that isn't obvious to me at all. I would say he was a big-time Sensor. I am not even remotely a fan of Tom Cruise...but am interested in this now.

he's far too delusional and conspiring to be a Sensor.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I should submit my own picks, rather than just being a jerk and critiquing other people's typing. James Joyce, Charlotte Bronte, Dostoevsky, and Yeats strike me as INFJ authors. Lisa Simpson maybe, she sometimes lacks Fe, but I suppose she's only 8 years old, so auxilary immaturity can be excused. I have read Osama Bin Laden was an INFJ, but I'm not sure about that one. I just like starting up groundless speculation :D Muhammad and Jesus are often typed as INFJ's as well. Carl jung said that without Ni-doms there would have been no prophets in Israeel.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like your other picks, but Bono really seems like an ENFJ to me. He has such a huge personality and tries to be everything to everyone. But I acknowledge I am not a U2 expert.

I'm no expert either....that was just my general impression of him.

James Joyce, Charlotte Bronte, Dostoevsky, and Yeats strike me as INFJ authors.

These are good examples. :yes:

Regarding Cruise, I see Fe + Se for him. He seems quite unstable, so typing him is hard. He's either ENFJ or ESTP in my head.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should submit my own picks, rather than just being a jerk and critiquing other people's typing. James Joyce, Charlotte Bronte, Dostoevsky, and Yeats strike me as INFJ authors. Lisa Simpson maybe, she sometimes lacks Fe, but I suppose she's only 8 years old, so auxilary immaturity can be excused. I have read Osama Bin Laden was an INFJ, but I'm not sure about that one. I just like starting up groundless speculation :D Muhammad and Jesus are often typed as INFJ's as well. Carl jung said that without Ni-doms there would have been no prophets in Israeel.

Lisa is definitely INFX , she seems to display Fi, Fe and Ni, so I can't decide which she is. personally I think Osama bin Laden is an INTJ 1w9 sp/sx, sort of like Lelouch from Code Geass only with more twisted motives, this is merely a guess though, obviously I don't have a ton of information on him.

Starry

he's far too delusional and conspiring to be a Sensor.

LOL...well I do agree with you that he is delusional and conspiring...LOL!!! But I do not feel that Sensors are somehow immune to that kind of thing either. I guess I just don't see it. Him being INFJ. But that's cool.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL...well I do agree with you that he is delusional and conspiring...LOL!!! But I do not feel that Sensors are somehow immune to that kind of thing either. I guess I just don't see it. Him being INFJ. But that's cool.

delusion is caused by
1) an insufficient mental connection to the real world
2) a strong, incorrect view of how the world operates based off of incorrect, invalid information
3) an inability to except/consider contrary evidence
problems that Ni is predisposed to without clarification from Te, Fe or Ti

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what are some good examples of INFJs? given the only obvious example I can think of is Tom Cruise, I'm in need of a few more examples. who are some shining examples of INFJs that give a good impression of the type as a whole

Eleanor Roosevelt?

Starry

delusion is caused by
1) an insufficient mental connection to the real world
2) a strong, incorrect view of how the world operates based off of incorrect, invalid information
3) an inability to except/consider contrary evidence
problems that Ni is predisposed to without clarification from Te, Fe or Ti

Elfboy! LOL. You can't say that only an INFJ (or Ni minus Te, Fe or Ti) can experience delusions. You can't say that Tom Cruise = INFJ merely because he is delusional LOL.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, couldn't it be tertiary or inferior Ni at work instead of dominant? Just my two cents.

Starry

Also, couldn't it be tertiary or inferior Ni at work instead of dominant? Just my two cents.

Word. Let's turn this into a Tom Cruise thread!!! Okay no...sorry Elfboy. I would be interested in hearing more examples of INFJs as well.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy! LOL. You can't say that only an INFJ (or Ni minus Te, Fe or Ti) can experience delusions. You can't say that Tom Cruise = INFJ merely because he is delusional LOL.

you're right, it's not just based off of that. if you listen to his interviews, he is obviously very introverted and it's clear he prefers interaction in small groups to large audiences. his mannerisms, observations and the way he phrases words though all scream Ni/Fe to me. the only type I could see would be ISTP or some sort of severely abused ESTP that became withdrawn and retreated completely into the world of Inferior Ni

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Word. Let's turn this into a Tom Cruise thread!!! Okay no...sorry Elfboy. I would be interested in hearing more examples of INFJs as well.

me too :yes:
preferably INFJs who are alive and have some means by which they can be observed via interview or conversation

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're right, it's not just based off of that. if you listen to his interviews, he is obviously very introverted and it's clear he prefers interaction in small groups to large audiences. his mannerisms, observations and the way he phrases words though all scream Ni/Fe to me. the only type I could see would be ISTP or some sort of severely abused ESTP that became withdrawn and retreated completely into the world of Inferior Ni

Well, obviously Tom Cruise isn't a healthy version of any type. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, obviously Tom Cruise a isn't healthy version of any type. :laugh:

and that's precisely the reason why I needed to start this thread :yes: