• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] A Discussion of INFJs

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've bumped into this brilliant thread from a poster called Tactical Panda
over at INTJ forum and I think this would help me to see how other types from TypeC members think of us. :)

I also appreciate his own implementation of INFJ as it makes me feel all fuzzy and warm and would just feel like to share with other INFJs. :wubbie:

Anyway, I'll post his thread here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My somewhat less than completely serious take -

They have Ni and Ti in their top three naturally preferred functions.
Their primary extraverted function is Fe.

To reiterate - they combine the power house functions, taking some of the best intellectual qualities of INTJs and INTPs and combining them. And probably synergize them together - the INTJ and INTP use of both functions cannot even compare to a natural hybrid. I don't even know why INTJs and INTPs are usually contenders for generalized type intelligence discussions if INFJs are not involved. And to boot Se is their inferior, so they spend their time thinking and stewing - increasing their capacity to concentrate and tackle abstract problems.

And as if that wasn't enough - Fe. Instead of being a smart person that rubs people the wrong way, they are smart people who walk around winning hearts. This is the end game goal everyone knows they need to tackle some day... and INFJs have a full house hand. That they use passively to great effect. Right from day one.

(What I don't even know...)

As if that wasn't enough, they can use Fe and Ni together. They can understand you. They know your ins and outs. All security secret systems of the nation compromized.

Its like someone with the reputation of mother teresa holding all the nuke launch codes and a map to all the enemy bases.

So should we panic? No - because they are too human and care too much about life to be distrusted over such issues when compared to other types. If we are going by generalities and accepting that everyone can screw up. Thats right, their humanity is what is standing before them steamrollering the world.

These folk... seriously... what is up with INFJs?
I don't even... what are they? Why can they? Why that combination of functions?

*Gives up, shaking head*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:smile:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh. I'm thinking this person wants to date an INFJ. ;)

It is a nice description and quite accurate in some ways, but a bit too idealized... ;) I think it buys into the whole "INFJs know everything and are never wrong!" thing, which I'm very sceptical of. ;)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
If he ever gets doorslammed by an INFJ, he'll change his tune. :)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Oh, I just loved that post. (being an INFJ, of course). It explained things in a different way.
I've read in several places that INFJ's are not logical, and yet I have always done well on logical type tests, so that didn't make sense to me. It's nice to read something that confirms the INFJ intelligence.
The description of being intellectual plus being personable really is a great combination. You gave me an emotional boost today!
I think the INFJ's big downfall (and why the doorslam exists) is because we are too darn sensitive. Also, people don't always appreciate us reading their minds & emotions.
Thanks for the great post!

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Heh. I'm thinking this person wants to date an INFJ. ;)

It is a nice description and quite accurate in some ways, but a bit too idealized... ;) I think it buys into the whole "INFJs know everything and are never wrong!" thing, which I'm very sceptical of. ;)

Oh of course I realized it's an extreme "idealized" version of INFJ based on his description! But just thought it's rather interesting to see such comical way of compliment for us here! :)

The reason why I'm posting this thread is to add a little positive vibe of NFJs to this little sub-forum, that's all! :wubbie:

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I just loved that post. (being an INFJ, of course). It explained things in a different way.
I've read in several places that INFJ's are not logical, and yet I have always done well on logical type tests, so that didn't make sense to me. It's nice to read something that confirms the INFJ intelligence.

Personally, I know that when I get extremely upset, I seem to take things rather personally in stead of taking a firm logical stand. This is why I tried to walk away before my Fe is going to explode in many occasions, and it certainly helps.

The description of being intellectual plus being personable really is a great combination. You gave me an emotional boost today!
I think the INFJ's big downfall (and why the doorslam exists) is because we are too darn sensitive. Also, people don't always appreciate us reading their minds & emotions.
Thanks for the great post!

That's exactly how I felt when I bumped into that thread! And right away I thought I had to share this with TypeC folks! :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I have an INFJ coming to live with me at the end of next month. I'm sure I'll be back in this thread soon enough.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh of course I realized it's an extreme "idealized" version of INFJ based on his description! But just thought it's rather interesting to see such comical way of compliment for us here! :)

The reason why I'm posting this thread is to add a little positive vibe of NFJs to this little sub-forum, that's all! :wubbie:

It's like a sort of INFJ superman/woman, using their powers to the max and minimizing any weaknesses. Something we could strive for. ;)