• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What happens when an ENFP reaches their dreams?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
These people are mostly singers, wtf?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These people are mostly singers, wtf?

correction, they're mostly known as singers, people tend to remember singers more than other jobs (most of which go completely unnoticed)

if you want directors though
I've already listed: Angelica Huston, Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth McGee,
some more: Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, Peter Jackson
if you just go to wikipedia and look up famous people, most will have "so and so is an american actor, singer, songer-writer, director, comedian and entrepreneur" or some other mix of different professions.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm An ENFP. I WANT TO SAVE THE WORLD. I am in constant pain from taking people's problems on myself. I do try and help the people around me as would any of you. It's to the point where my istj thinks it's unhealthy how much I want to help people and make their lives better.

I mean I dunno. Things are great but in worried I will miss having to work so hard for something unattainable. I'm not saying I don't have to work hard to find another movie because believe me I do. It's just that my big picture outlook is gone and that scares me.

So no enfp can relate??

here we go. yes, i can totally relate to the bolded. a similar sceanario of "finishing" the big picture happened to me and i basically fell into low grade depression for a year!

i'm just on the upswing out of that... the solution for me really has been to make new dreams. i've realized through my life that unless i'm working towards some large scale future plans, the ENFP sparkle just isn't there.

recently i've taken on sort of "updating" my life... trying to recenter around who i am and what is really important to me. you and me as 3 and 6 probably share some similar tendencies to not always act on our very own individual concepts of who we can be, because we're concerned about who we should be... i think trying to differentiate those and risking losing others' favor has been part of this for me at least... and just littler active things like cleaning out my whole place, working on getting a new job, totally reforming my eating and exercise, planning on moving in the next year or so, starting journaling, starting painting again, and going to a new church. i'm privately thinking of it as a little personal renaissance :)

i'm thinking, could you maybe start getting involved in a humanitarian group? i don't know if you'd be able to channel that into your job, but you could do it in addition. and maybe eventually figure out a way to combine the two? i'm happiest when i'm pulling everything together, hence that thought...

though i think especially with e3 you should give yourself some extra leeway in terms of letting yourself just relax and be happy from time to time!

i'm sorry you're going through this. for me it was a really unpleasant time... but i think i came out of it much the better. i don't know that i would have had this new energy if i hadn't "stagnated" for a while first.

A

Anew Leaf

What happens when an ENFP reaches their dreams?

I have reached mine, and now I feel like I am sabotaging myself.
I am getting stressed out.
I have nothing else to reach for career-wise. I am also a type 3 so I don't know if that changes anything.

Can anyone else relate?

:wtf:

You've found the unicorn cloud kingdom and pegasus palace?! All my life I have searched and yearned to find this most magical of places..... Please, please tell me how you got there. Or a hint maybe?

Is the 4th clue in Australia? Is the 5th clue in Patagonia? Is the 8th clue on Jupiter?

I MUST KNOW!!

Also, I would suggest you set your sights onto something new such as: "Marshmallow Heaven" or "Pleaides Penguins."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:wtf:

You've found the unicorn cloud kingdom and pegasus palace?! All my life I have searched and yearned to find this most magical of places..... Please, please tell me how you got there. Or a hint maybe?

Is the 4th clue in Australia? Is the 5th clue in Patagonia? Is the 8th clue on Jupiter?

I MUST KNOW!!

Also, I would suggest you set your sights onto something new such as: "Marshmallow Heaven" or "Pleaides Penguins."

my thought exactly :hifive:

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
And the idea of helping people. I'm
An ENFP. I WANT TO SAVE THE WORLD. I am in constant pain from taking people's problems on myself. I do try and help the people around me as would any of you. It's to the point where my istj thinks it's unhealthy how much I want to help people and make their lives better.

When you say you want to save the world and you work in the film industry, I remember of Michael Moore. I like his work... Go work with him and make him make more movies. :p

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
new dreams

kinda hard to just make up new dreams, come on, i have Fi, lol my dreams need to be REAL and MEAN SOMETHING to me, i cant just pick something out of thin air, it needs to breathe the same air as me.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Edit: you are a very ENFJ-ish ENFP :yes:

Hmm, really? :) what makes you think this? I really think I am such a strong ENFP but sometimes, in rare instances, I dont feel like one (but i know when i am acting ISTJ lol)

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
no, it would not lead to any real advancement, thus, being a 3, the original poster would begin to feel anxiety and worthlessness from staying in the same place. I think the best solution would be to branch out try to master one skill at a time and then move on to others. for instance, mastering set work, then mastering lighting, then mastering stage makeup, then mastering acting, then mastering directing, then mastering producing, then mastering licensing movie apparel. if you look at it, this is what all the most famous people do, instead of endlessly perfecting one skill. a skilled soldier is no match for an army.
completely agree