Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default How do NFJs develop morals?

most of the NFJs I know seem to have a decently developed sense of morals, but, without Fi, how do you develop them?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    most of the NFJs I know seem to have a decently developed sense of morals, but, without Fi, how do you develop them?
    Through the observation of what morals 'are' and 'are appropriate' from their observation.

There was a particularly neat scientific study based upon the wild west. The discovery was that when enough 'moralists' spotted immoral/cheating/biased behaviour that a turning point was reached where a society moves from 'lawless' to 'lawful'. The groups who support immorality/cheating/biased decision making suddenly flip morals when they observe the presence of moralists in their society.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

oh, so is what you're saying that morals are more or less "inherited" by Fe users and created by Fi users?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't really know to be honest. It started off with what I was told was the right thing by parents and authority figures... and now it's just whatever I feel is right, often going against what I was taught. The only rule I think people should live by, generally, is "do what you want so long as it hurts no one." If someone is being harmed, even if it's in a small way, then I'm likely to consider it 'wrong', but if an action doesn't effect anybody then... why care? And if it actively helps people, well, that's good.

Is that perhaps my Fi function getting muddled in with my Fe? I'm not sure. I'm not very good at analysing the different functions.
    INFJ 9w1.

Banned

oh, so is what you're saying that morals are more or less "inherited" by Fe users and created by Fi users?
    Well, not exactly. It is 'inherited' from the environment and has inertia as opposed to generated by consciously introspecting. Just as logic is inherited by Te users from the environment. It's a matter of people touching the environment to understand how it works. This is markedly hilarious in xxxP types, where the xFP believes they have the right to tell others what to 'think' but no-one has the right to scruitinise what they feel and for xTP types where they have the right to tell others what to 'feel' but similarly no-one is allowed to scruitinse what they 'think'. Perceiver-rationality is funny business to the observer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Well, not exactly. It is 'inherited' from the environment and has inertia as opposed to generated by consciously introspecting. Just as logic is inherited by Te users from the environment. It's a matter of people touching the environment to understand how it works. This is markedly hilarious in xxxP types, where the xFP believes they have the right to tell others what to 'think' but no-one has the right to scruitinise what they feel and for xTP types where they have the right to tell others what to 'feel' but similarly no-one is allowed to scruitinse what they 'think'. Perceiver-rationality is funny business to the observer.
    interesting, I find Si and Fe rather humorous to observe on the J end. with Ps, I mostly find the information gather processes to be funny (Ne and Se)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    I don't really know to be honest. It started off with what I was told was the right thing by parents and authority figures... and now it's just whatever I feel is right, often going against what I was taught. The only rule I think people should live by, generally, is "do what you want so long as it hurts no one." If someone is being harmed, even if it's in a small way, then I'm likely to consider it 'wrong', but if an action doesn't effect anybody then... why care? And if it actively helps people, well, that's good.

Is that perhaps my Fi function getting muddled in with my Fe? I'm not sure. I'm not very good at analysing the different functions.
    hmm, I see. so are you saying the values your parents taught you are more of a "starting point" that you then tweaked using Ni and Ti to make more sense, thus coming to your own decision of what is right and wrong? if so, then essentially the process is like what I do, except backwards
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

hmm, I see. so are you saying the values your parents taught you are more of a "starting point" that you then tweaked using Ni and Ti to make more sense, thus coming to your own decision of what is right and wrong? if so, then essentially the process is like what I do, except backwards
    for example: I believe it is fundamentally wrong that the government should be able to dictate the drinking age of it's citizens. however, if my pure, unbridled Fi had it's way and all drinking laws were instantly repealed, the rate of drunk driving accidents would shoot up 5 times. hence, Te gives me prudence, restraint and rationality based on external logic and evidence

Edit: point being, my values work internal to external and yours work external to internal
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Banned

interesting, I find Si and Fe rather humorous to observe on the J end. with Ps, I mostly find the information gather processes to be funny (Ne and Se)
    You don't get it yet, but you'll get it eventually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You don't get it yet, but you'll get it eventually.
    I get it, I was making a different point
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!