• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why I hate INFs

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
No I just know a couple of INFJ men who are pretentious, self-absorbed, holier than thou asshats.

It's like, "Oh thank you for gracing us with your presence, Jesus Christ."

Have you had any such experiences with INFPs? I'm kinda curious.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you're meeting the wrong kind of inf's! i never nitpick people about stupid little things like that.. and i forget to recycle all the time lol. i mean i might secretly judge people for doing/not doing certain things i think are right, but i don't want people nagging me or forcing their beliefs on me so i don't do it to others.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel guilty when I see sensors too, because they're actually making stuff happen in the world while I sit here daydreaming and wasting space and Mother Earth's natural resources :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you're meeting the wrong kind of inf's! i never nitpick people about stupid little things like that.. and i forget to recycle all the time lol. i mean i might secretly judge people for doing/not doing certain things i think are right, but i don't want people nagging me or forcing their beliefs on me so i don't do it to others.

You just forced your beliefs onto other INFs

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have you had any such experiences with INFPs? I'm kinda curious.

I have had run-ins with INFPs but it's generally because our Fi's clashed stubbornly over some issue, or because I got frustrated with what I felt was them being too inward-focused rather than weighing their observations with the outside world.

But like, yes, specifically INFJ men have made me feel like they were "correcting me" and not in a way I found appealing or attractive. I actually can stand for some people to treat me that way, like sometimes I eat it up when an NT teaches me something or an ISxJ gives me sensible advice or the right answer to my problems, but I've had these experiences with INFJs males just waltzing in and ...lecturing me? On morality and proper behavior? My ENFJ sister can get on my nerves with that too...but with the INFJ dudes it is extra annoying considering that for some reason they were also really pretentious hipster wankers.

I don't know, just one of those things. I usually refrain from dating other NFs, although I can be very good friends with them.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think any type can be annoying, and I've noticed usually when I'm annoyed with INFx it's because they're being pretentious or holier-than-thou.

I know a couple of INFJ males I'd like to push off a bridge.

The females I like more, a lot of the time, I don't know why.

Actually, I felt exactly the same for ENFPs.

I usually have no problems and actually quite enjoy the company of female ENFPs. But when it comes to male ENFPs, they can be such emotional vampires that I almost have a crucifix and holy water with me. I don't know why either. :)

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But like, yes, specifically INFJ men have made me feel like they were "correcting me" and not in a way I found appealing or attractive. I actually can stand for some people to treat me that way, like sometimes I eat it up when an NT teaches me something or an ISxJ gives me sensible advice or the right answer to my problems, but I've had these experiences with INFJs males just waltzing in and ...lecturing me? On morality and proper behavior?

I think both INFJ and INTJ male do this to people they care. But it seems ENFPs usually appreciate more from INTJs rather than INFJs. I wonder if that has to do with the "way" they deliver their messages?

I've always been curious about this.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I predict you will all gang up on me in this thread.

No, I love it when people make cute MBTI generalisations and used it to inspire hate.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think both INFJ and INTJ male do this to people they care. But it seems ENFPs usually appreciate more from INTJs rather than INFJs. I wonder if that has to do with the "way" they deliver their messages?

I've always been curious about this.

I think it may have something to do with Te/Fe. ENFPs can be razzle-dazzled by a TJs stunning calm sense of direction and objective, external logic...it can take me out of my Ne/Fi freak out and put me in a nice, safe place, and yes, I can stand to be "fathered" in that way...depending on the individual of course, don't get me wrong, there have been NTJs who have enraged me, but at least I feel inclined to battle them or something...with an FJ delivering moral guidance, it feels like a pretentious imposition unless it's subtle and helpful...I've known some incredible FJ females with wonderful finesse at "mediating" a situation...but my own ENFJ sister can annoy me from 3000 miles away with moral preaching on facebook (my mom calls it ENFJs "nagging") ...and when guys do it, I am just like "lol...that's nice dear...go take a long walk off a short pier."

Aux Fi can feel really hemmed in and suffocated by Fe. It's the critical parent function.

All functions can be good/bad, it's just that INFJ males drive me up the wall, in a bad way, not an exciting way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Noooo...Marmie Dearest just doesn't like them like that. Some NF women like NF men. I never, ever have. I tend to go for SJ > NT > SP > NF, in terms of boys, with SJs and NTJs usually being the most attractive to me.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So some women don't like having to stare at themselves while some do?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So some women don't like having to stare at themselves while some do?

No, many times INF men feel to me, inside and metaphorically, like little children clinging to my skirts, it's not sexy, it makes me think of my little brother or being with another girl.

I think I'm shamelessly attracted to a certain ideal of masculinity - not big and physically imposing masculine - but rational, orderly, in control masculine. It's almost like I have to look slightly up to the guy I'm with for whatever reason, like I'm slightly submissive despite my bratty behavior, and I desperately need someone calmer and more practical to balance me.

I was raised by a very overbearing ISTJ who, in turns, spoiled me rotten by petting me and buying me everthing, and then later terrorized me with discipline and control.

Might have something to do with it.

You'll have to ask other NFs why they're attracted to what they're attracted to. It's an individual thing, though you may notice some trends.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFs always make me feel bad about who I am because they are always concerned for people's wellbeing and contributing to the cause of humanity.
this is FJs, not INFPs

I highly resent this because it's never really been proven than when it comes to things like voting and recycling that my part makes a difference. And yet I think this is the type who would always go the extra mile to separate out your aluminum from your glass.
this is also more FJs

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFs themselves don't usually always stick to healthy lifestyles and do not take care of themselves, so a responsible person who takes care of what matters in life (like their health) is guilt-tripped. What's up with this?

I recycle, and I also work out and take care of myself. Why do one or the other when you can do both? ;)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, many times INF men feel to me, inside and metaphorically, like little children clinging to my skirts, it's not sexy, it makes me think of my little brother or being with another girl.

I think I'm shamelessly attracted to a certain ideal of masculinity - not big and physically imposing masculine - but rational, orderly, in control masculine. It's almost like I have to look slightly up to the guy I'm with for whatever reason, like I'm slightly submissive despite my bratty behavior, and I desperately need someone calmer and more practical to balance me.

I was raised by a very overbearing ISTJ who, in turns, spoiled me rotten by petting me and buying me everthing, and then later terrorized me with discipline and control.

Might have something to do with it.

You'll have to ask other NFs why they're attracted to what they're attracted to. It's an individual thing, though you may notice some trends.

Generally speaking, you like like men that act a certain way - nothing wrong with that.