First 23456 Last

Thread: Why I hate INFs

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But like, yes, specifically INFJ men have made me feel like they were "correcting me" and not in a way I found appealing or attractive. I actually can stand for some people to treat me that way, like sometimes I eat it up when an NT teaches me something or an ISxJ gives me sensible advice or the right answer to my problems, but I've had these experiences with INFJs males just waltzing in and ...lecturing me? On morality and proper behavior?
    I think both INFJ and INTJ male do this to people they care. But it seems ENFPs usually appreciate more from INTJs rather than INFJs. I wonder if that has to do with the "way" they deliver their messages?

I've always been curious about this.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    I predict you will all gang up on me in this thread.
    No, I love it when people make cute MBTI generalisations and used it to inspire hate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I think both INFJ and INTJ male do this to people they care. But it seems ENFPs usually appreciate more from INTJs rather than INFJs. I wonder if that has to do with the "way" they deliver their messages?

I've always been curious about this.
    I think it may have something to do with Te/Fe. ENFPs can be razzle-dazzled by a TJs stunning calm sense of direction and objective, external logic...it can take me out of my Ne/Fi freak out and put me in a nice, safe place, and yes, I can stand to be "fathered" in that way...depending on the individual of course, don't get me wrong, there have been NTJs who have enraged me, but at least I feel inclined to battle them or something...with an FJ delivering moral guidance, it feels like a pretentious imposition unless it's subtle and helpful...I've known some incredible FJ females with wonderful finesse at "mediating" a situation...but my own ENFJ sister can annoy me from 3000 miles away with moral preaching on facebook (my mom calls it ENFJs "nagging") ...and when guys do it, I am just like "lol...that's nice dear...go take a long walk off a short pier."

Aux Fi can feel really hemmed in and suffocated by Fe. It's the critical parent function.

All functions can be good/bad, it's just that INFJ males drive me up the wall, in a bad way, not an exciting way.

So NF males are toxic to NF females, got it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Noooo...Marmie Dearest just doesn't like them like that. Some NF women like NF men. I never, ever have. I tend to go for SJ > NT > SP > NF, in terms of boys, with SJs and NTJs usually being the most attractive to me.

So some women don't like having to stare at themselves while some do?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    So some women don't like having to stare at themselves while some do?
    No, many times INF men feel to me, inside and metaphorically, like little children clinging to my skirts, it's not sexy, it makes me think of my little brother or being with another girl.

I think I'm shamelessly attracted to a certain ideal of masculinity - not big and physically imposing masculine - but rational, orderly, in control masculine. It's almost like I have to look slightly up to the guy I'm with for whatever reason, like I'm slightly submissive despite my bratty behavior, and I desperately need someone calmer and more practical to balance me.

I was raised by a very overbearing ISTJ who, in turns, spoiled me rotten by petting me and buying me everthing, and then later terrorized me with discipline and control.

Might have something to do with it.

You'll have to ask other NFs why they're attracted to what they're attracted to. It's an individual thing, though you may notice some trends.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFs always make me feel bad about who I am because they are always concerned for people's wellbeing and contributing to the cause of humanity.
    this is FJs, not INFPs

I highly resent this because it's never really been proven than when it comes to things like voting and recycling that my part makes a difference. And yet I think this is the type who would always go the extra mile to separate out your aluminum from your glass.
    this is also more FJs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

INFs themselves don't usually always stick to healthy lifestyles and do not take care of themselves, so a responsible person who takes care of what matters in life (like their health) is guilt-tripped. What's up with this?
    I recycle, and I also work out and take care of myself. Why do one or the other when you can do both?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No, many times INF men feel to me, inside and metaphorically, like little children clinging to my skirts, it's not sexy, it makes me think of my little brother or being with another girl.

I think I'm shamelessly attracted to a certain ideal of masculinity - not big and physically imposing masculine - but rational, orderly, in control masculine. It's almost like I have to look slightly up to the guy I'm with for whatever reason, like I'm slightly submissive despite my bratty behavior, and I desperately need someone calmer and more practical to balance me.

I was raised by a very overbearing ISTJ who, in turns, spoiled me rotten by petting me and buying me everthing, and then later terrorized me with discipline and control.

Might have something to do with it.

You'll have to ask other NFs why they're attracted to what they're attracted to. It's an individual thing, though you may notice some trends.
    Generally speaking, you like like men that act a certain way - nothing wrong with that.