User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

well there's not really much to talk about then, is there? you think Fe doms acting like Fe doms are being fake, and you don't agree with any of our explanations for why that's actually genuine behavior on their part. keep your viewpoint, if it pleases you. it's not going to help answer your questions though.

every time I see someone with strong Fe I wonder why they are trying to be so nice.
    because it benefits them. the creation of external harmony improves their environment.

Furthermore they are always so pushy in promoting their Fe in others.
    short answer: because that's what Je functions do.
    long answer: because Fe works by using environmental resources to establish the best-functioning system it can based on F-style prioritization. Fe works with others to create a positive interpersonal environment. it's not about being pushy, it's about trying to get everyone on the same (positive) page. it just comes off as pushy when you have other priorities, personally, and they conflict with the priorities the Fe dom is attempting to establish. the same holds true for Te.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is kind of fake. So is Fe.

Ti is thinking. Te is demonstration of thinking.
    Fi is feeling. Fe is demonstration of feeling.

Dichotomy: Passive/Active.
    Kind of fake.

It would be hard to demonstrate Thinking without actually Thinking. There must be a degree of subjective judgement.

Further, the thoughts organized by Ti are demonstrable in communication, at the very least. Albeit, they are local to the communicator. An act of demonstrative Fi or Ti neglects the subjective element.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    mail mailing: less frequently (more in NFJs, it's also an Ni thing)
    What's "mail mailing"?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I've seen it many times.
    You've seen something, but how can you say that you've seen what's going on inside someone's head? How do you know this?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

How do you judge what Fe is real and what is fake? or is it all fake? Then what is fake? If I'm feeling especially pissed off one day and I decide not to take it out on the nearest humanoid, does that mean I'm fake? If your external mood does not perfectly match your internal feelings, does that mean you are fake? If you believe in keeping your enemies close, does that make you fake? What if you submit a resume to an employer that mildly exaggerates your talents? I'm just trying to figure out what this whole fake business is about.

Where did this notion of "fake" and "real" when describing a person come from, anyway?

When I smile, it can mean a lot of things, but generally it is to be polite and friendly. Is that fake? Who gets to decide if this is or is not fake?
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is kind of fake. So is Fe.

Ti is thinking. Te is demonstration of thinking.
    Fi is feeling. Fe is demonstration of feeling.

Dichotomy: Passive/Active.
    Eh, not quite.

Ti: adherence to internalized structure. Te: adherence to external structure
    Fi: adherence to internalized values. Fe: adherence to external values

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    How do you judge what Fe is real and what is fake? or is it all fake? Then what is fake? If I'm feeling especially pissed off one day and I decide not to take it out on the nearest humanoid, does that mean I'm fake? If your external mood does not perfectly match your internal feelings, does that mean you are fake? If you believe in keeping your enemies close, does that make you fake? What if you submit a resume to an employer that mildly exaggerates your talents? I'm just trying to figure out what this whole fake business is about.

Where did this notion of "fake" and "real" when describing a person come from, anyway?

When I smile, it can mean a lot of things, but generally it is to be polite and friendly. Is that fake? Who gets to decide if this is or is not fake?
    The notion is nonsense. Isn't Fe doing things for the overall well being of the group? Because when you win I win, and if you go, I go, we go. Like this...

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse." - Clark

As you can see, there's nothing fake about it. Smiling, showmanship, a positive attitude, all help to sustain the morale. When the group values are breached, things go downhill fast.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Eh, not quite.

Ti: adherence to internalized structure. Te: adherence to external structure
    Fi: adherence to internalized values. Fe: adherence to external values
    What happens when everyone in the group is Fi-dom?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    What happens when everyone in the group is Fi-dom?
    You'd have to ask them.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    What's "mail mailing"?
    lol I meant to say "black mailing"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You'd have to ask them.
    The risks of a catastrophic nuclear meltdown seem very high.