User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 342

  1. #311
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    If you want to nitpick, they do, but it's their least developed function...
    No, they don't. Their inferior is Fe.

  2. #312
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No, they don't. Their inferior is Fe.
    In the eight-function stack model (e.g. Berens'), I mean. Ti-Se-Ni-Fe-Te-Si-Ne-Fi.

  3. #313
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    39

    Default

    A whole night to think about this Fe function. A new paradigm came to me and it is this: to really, really understand Fe, one has to experience it. One has to be in it, dwell in it. I hesitate to say use it or apply it, because that suggests a trace of objectivity. And the more objective one becomes about Fe, the more one misses its true nature. When I see a person or animal suffering and I break into tears and want to help that victim, my Fe at that moment is unanalyzable. Fe seeks to merge and blend and harmonize with that being. This experience defies conceptuality.
    The feelings of transport, elation and transcendance that accompany love defy conceptuality. As an INFJ I will not let Fe dominate my being (you see, I am being objective now), but I am grateful and reverent towards those whose very identity is Fe and have taught me how to use it. When Fe becomes a tertiary, the eternal child, the true experience of Fe diminishes further, and when it becomes the inferior/shadow/anima, Fe is virtually inaccessible or it becomes a
    untrustworthy "concept".
    We must revere nothing if reverence means rigidity, paralysis of inquiry.
    We must revere everything that sincere men revere, if reverence means
    respect made mobile by curiosity and flexible by modesty.

    Charles Hartshorne, Beyond Humanism:
    Towards a Philosophy of Nature

  4. #314
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Every single one of you is "Feking the funk" and you know it.

    As Saturned would say: "Yay! I winz ze thread!"



    P.S. Just kidding. I love all of you and you're all invited to an MBTI party at my house tonight.

    Directions:
    If you are coming from the north:
    Drive south until you get to my place.

    Coming from the south:
    Drive north until you get to my place.

    Coming from the east:
    Drive west until you get to my place.

    Coming from the west:
    Drive east until you get to my place.

    We'll be discussing Fe into the wee hours of the night and we'll be serving lots of AppFetizers. BYOB.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  5. #315
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    In the eight-function stack model (e.g. Berens'), I mean. Ti-Se-Ni-Fe-Te-Si-Ne-Fi.
    Which one is correct though?? D:
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  6. #316
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    All functions are fake. They represent a tangle of projections.

  7. #317
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Fe-ers tend to have a sense of what's collectively "ideal". Speaking as an Fi dom, idealism is somewhat of a bad addiction for me, though I quietly scrutinize everything according to my own standards, which are often not even particularly defined. It seems that I have difficulty defining those ideals or even coming forth with them to others because they are so tightly woven to my own body of thought - my own giant web of what different shit makes an impression on me. Laying it all out would be as time consuming as dissecting a blue whale.

    So I'm going to assume that it's easier for Fe-ers to vocalize those impressions because they are more relative to the world. So demonstrable. Do you dress nice? Are you of esteem to us? Is the show popular? Should a program be "good"? Are you a crack whore? Etc. etc.

    So Fe-ers are more aware of those interpersonal doodads. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking advantage of them, being underhanded, or even coddling them.

    Wight?
    Okay, now that I've slept a bit: Yeah, I think so. It's much easier for me to lay out my ideals in terms of an actionable plan than it seems to be for most Fi-types. If people ask 'why?' it's usually easy for me to give a reason. It's not always easy to convince them of it though...

    but like, it seems obvious to me when a plan is a bad idea because people aren't going to like it. lol. They're like, "Man, organization X should totally just do Y! it would solve all their problems with C!" "Yeah, that's a really good solution, but they'd never approve of it because it would require them to trust member L, which member M has made sure is not going to happen."
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  8. #318
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    All functions are fake. They represent a tangle of projections.
    No! Fe is the best funkshunz ever invented. It can do no wrongz! BTW, happy 100th! Here's to many more.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  9. #319
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    I disagree with Resonance's assertion that Fe should not be expected to be taken as an indication of one's internal state.

    When one professes an opinion, are they not professing the content of their internal state?

    What is Fe? It is the outward expression of an opinion (sweet talking, as in INTPNess's example, conveying he feels fine about people showing up late when he's really mad about them doing so, etc). I understand that Fe's purpose or intention/motivation/whatever is social harmony... but to say people should understand that what opinion they are professing is NOT HOW THEY ACTUALLY FEEL THEMSELVES, EVER [and can even run completely opposite(?!)]? Nonsense.

    In this way, Fe, because it is NOT a reflection of one's inner state, -when it professes to be- (<- key), is fake.

    But I'm not saying only Fe is fake. Any human can be fake. And being fake is furthermore just a fact of life, that is not always bad. Just defining the action of professing an opinion that you do not actually hold as "fakeness." I contend Fe is fake if you define Fe as "espousing an opinion [or stance] designed to promote social harmony even when your internal opinion [or stance] on something may be contradictory"... which is what seems to be what is being said (may be misunderstanding, disregard and sorry if so).

    Disclaimer: I don't hate Fe. Also, my use of "is" and "can be" is a bit mixed in this post. I don't mean Fe is always fake, but I don't feel like figuring the proper wording to make "can be" work in the relevant sentences.
    You're still missing that the semantic content of Fe is irrelevant. The truth value of the words doesn't matter. When I say 'no, I'm not mad at you,' it doesn't mean I'm literally not mad at you, it means I don't want you to feel like I'm mad at you. In the long-term, it's true - I'm not going to hold a grudge. In the moment, maybe I am mad at you, but that's meaningless to me. And it should be meaningless to you. That's what I'm communicating with Fe.

    Yet another example. Let's say I give you this picture:

    You say, "It's fake! Penguins don't have eyes that big, and how would you get it on a background like that? You should see some snow. Plus, the proportions are all wrong."

    I say, "So what? You still get the impression of a penguin, and plus it's cute! Who cares if it's real or not, it's not like we're going to be eating it or selling it or something."
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  10. #320
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    Which one is correct though?? D:
    It's highly doubtful that the OP would make the statement I pointed out as a projection of Demon Fi.

    Beebe actually describes what Demon Fi does. "IxTP's the personal factor in situations, or conscience might be a nagging, guilt-provoking issue we wish could go away."

    That's not what's going on here at all. That statement seems like it would have come from an xxFP or an IxTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Is it just me or is Fe really cheesy and ummm kinda gay.
    By jixmixfix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
  2. [Fe] Fe is fake and manipulative (proofs inside)
    By INTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM
  3. Either Fe is blindsiding me, or I'm seriously an ENFP...
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 09:17 PM
  4. [Fe] Fe users (or anyone): How do you break away from values instilled from a young age?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO