Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    Feel is "right," not feel is "the truth?" I've never heard lie being defined as "what is not morally right."
    What are you, some kind of deontelogical moral absolutist?

Yes, lying can be moral, so can stealing and killing, depending upon context.

Regarding your definition of what "fakeness" entails, I could spring a slew of quotes of definitions to prove lie, false, fake are synonymous. Your personal definition of what fakeness seems to regard whether the fakeness is overt or not. But, the action the person is committing (lying to your face when they internally hold another opinion), is it any different whether or not they roll their eyes to someone? I honestly can't see how it is.
    It's totally different to genuinely feel that it's kind and right to tell someone they are beautiful, and to tell someone they're beautiful and not feel it on any level, and just actually feel hateful inside.

Yes, not genuinely "feeling it" is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Clearly I'm open to other peoples opinions, look at how much insight this thread has brought forth. Just because I offer a different opinion or point of view? you have made no contributions towards this discussion troll go play with your 7 year old brother it's probably better for you.
    (Weird, never got a quote alert for this.)

Criticizing your approach to this topic, disagreeing with you, and providing my own opinion is not what I consider trolling. If so, I've been doing this foruming thing all wrong for quite some time.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

With Fe doms you'll see more real emotion and more fake, it's a trade off. They've learned that strong emotion gets strong reactions and a lot use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What are you, some kind of deontelogical moral absolutist?

Yes, lying can be moral, so can stealing and killing, depending upon context.
    I don't disagree that lying can sometimes be morally right. I never said being fake (meaning "false" or "representing falsely") is always morally bad (I said the opposite in a previous post, to boot). I was saying I don't think what a lie constitutes is contingent on whether or not the action is "morally right or not." Lie = false statement, IMO. Disagree?

It's totally different to genuinely feel that it's kind and right to tell someone they are beautiful, and to tell someone they're beautiful and not feel it on any level, and just actually feel hateful inside.
    The feeling of the person is changed, but the action remains the same (lying to your face when they internally hold another opinion). Note I specifically asked if the action was changed.

Permabanned

So does this mean you're really ISFP or ISTJ?
    huh? no.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    (Weird, never got a quote alert for this.)

Criticizing your approach to this topic, disagreeing with you, and providing my own opinion is not what I consider trolling. If so, I've been doing this foruming thing all wrong for quite some time.
    that's funny since you were the one who criticized me for giving my own opinion.

Ginkgo

Clearly I'm open to other peoples opinions, look at how much insight this thread has brought forth. Just because I offer a different opinion or point of view? you have made no contributions towards this discussion troll go play with your 7 year old brother it's probably better for you.

that's funny since you were the one who criticized me for giving my own opinion and my approach to the topic.
    Fixed. But methinks you're still not grasping that whole critical disagreement vs. trolling "thing".

Does your inferior Fe inform your current opinion to any significant degree or is it mostly based off of your interactions with (evil?) Fe-doms?
    Last edited by iwakar; 07-13-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: typo
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Ginkgo

I've always had a hard time being able to relate to, care about, or articulate the bolded, but even more so when I was younger, because I think as I've gotten older I may have more shadow-y or pseudo-Fe.

The only one of those you listed that I really grasp at all is "are you of esteem to us" and that may be because of being an Extrovert and an Enneagram 6 rather than having Fe.
    Yeah, that was just a stream of random thought.

My point was that the Fe attitude is to judge what's ideal for the local group, and not necessarily the individual, though the individual does play a part in the group. It's like ecology, basically. When I think of an ecosystem, I imagine a diverse collection of lifeforms. I prefer Te over Fe; my mindset would be more geared toward strategical ways to manage an ecosystem if I were ever in that position. On the other hand, Fe would have us pay attention to the tastes of the whole. That said, we might find a greater discrepancy between comparing what we really feel with what we ought to feel, while Fi would find it taxing to express what we really feel.

Of course, Fe-ers have real emotions. However, the crux of it all is that they feel for others to such an extent that they may feel more compelled to interact in relation to the expected feelings of others. They may say that a furnished chair is pretty not necessarily in their eyes, but because it ought to be pretty, or because it is in someone else's. On the other hand, they might prod at weak spots. Everyone's a mixed bag; everyone has a face that they present to the world. Recognizing that someone uses such a face to your disgust and reinforcing your prejudices solely because of Fe is a narrow minded and misguided waste of energy.

If you're bothered by someone's behavior, try introspecting to figure out why you're butthurt. And the booboo may be released by a white aura fountainhead ejaculating from your third eye. But probably not. Maybe you should give up hope but try really hard anyway. As an Fi-er, I believe in you, you special, stupid little snowflake. (not directed at you Marm, just to all that apply)

To boot, I think that manipulation isn't always impelled by malicious motivations, and may be in the manipulated's best interest. So, even if all of the Fe-ers under the sun were statistically more manipulative (impossible to quantify), then the idea that Fe-ers are evil two tongued snakes in the grass doesn't have a leg to stand on.

MBTI
    INTP

Let us say D (D for demonstration) is an Axiom.
    The D of a thing is not the thing then.
    It is an agent. The thing is an object.

The agent is Fe.
    The object however is Fi.

Look for the lowest common denominator.
    Let us say there is more Fe than Fi.
    Simple arithmetics. Quantification.
    Only as much as Fe is the match of Fi, Fe demonstrates Fi.
    What happens to the surplus Fe?