• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] The Evil INFP Thread

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, I wouldn't say my school is as bad as that, but we've had two murders and an attempt of a stabbing of officer/shooting in which the officer had to pull a gun on him and shoot him (when he eventually died later that day) in the past four years. The officer was stabbed twice before he shot him. He's okay now though. In fact, I was actually brought in to him to talk about something personal not to long ago when I was in school. :p Scary stuff.

wat

That sounds worse than my school. No murders, although maybe a few close calls, and no one messed with the police, just ran from them if they were doing something dodgy.

The stabbings weren't deadly, though I guess it wouldn't have taken much to make them deadly. A few nearby schools had deaths due to alcohol, that's about it.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wat

That sounds worse than my school. No murders, although I guess a few close calls at parties, and no one messed with the police, just ran from them if they were doing something dodgy.

Oh. Well, the guy who had the altercation with the police officer was trying to kill him first so that he could kill the people on his hitlist (which were people that have bullied him in some way, not necessarily physically, though) and then commit suicide. I think he was actually an INFP. Definite Fi user. :p

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh. Well, the guy who had the altercation with the police officer was trying to kill him first so that he could kill the people on his hitlist (which were people that have bullied him in some way, not necessarily physically, though) and then commit suicide. I think he was actually an INFP. Definite Fi user. :p

So how do you react to the INFPs are "nice/kind" stereotype?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol did you guys go to schools filled with 8w7s?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So how do you react to the INFPs are "nice/kind" stereotype?

I can see where they're coming from and I don't really care that much about the debate, so it's not like I have anything against them. :shrug:

Chandler9345

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP is one of the least likely types I could picture bitterly masskilling for fun...this sounds extremely unlikely.
I think Alone, from Saint Seiya Lost Canvas, is an INFP. He was posessed By Hades to become a villain though.
tomas_jefferson-alone1.jpg

What about someone that, for all intents and purposes was good and true and your stereotypical INFP, and then he was broken. He was broken over and over without end, beyond repair. Like his lover was killed, or his best friend, or his brother...someone of great importance. Their sorrow sours into a deep burning rage, and hatred towards whatever caused their woe. Then they lash out, their empathy becomes apathy, and they are driven by revenge, and their desire for this foe to feel their wrath. Not a mass killing, but a singular intense focus one one or a select few. They kill, steal, and torture their way to fulfill their once warm hearted and loving, but now vindictive and wrathful goals. In a way like what Yoda says about falling to the Dark Side in Star Wars. "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate, leads to suffering."

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Most people who commit horrendous crimes like bathing in blood usually cannot control their impulses within the brain. The reason why has to do with a genetic disorder. Anyone can be a crazed person. The only reason why types are usually written according to how they're expected is because they're easier to write. ESTJ's are usually written as the evil bad guys. If you were a clever story teller, I would be interested to see a type that's normally not written as a antagonist such as ENFP's or INFP's.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we're the least represented intuitive fictional villians along with the INTPs but i'm sure most of the guys that shot up high schools are some form of IxFP type that got hard done by.

faculae

MBTI Type
INTP
I find this topic to be of great interest both clinically and on a personal level. This is my first post and couldn't stop myself from commenting.

Being an INTP, I generally find it easy to isolate patterns and to make sense of Jungian Function Theory. I tend to find that the monetized MBTI version of the system is too surface as it doesn't allow for a full understanding of the way Jung meant it to be used. Taking a deeper look into the nature of an INFP with this in mind, one can make a few theoretical observations that are a bit more clear, concise and accurate in respect to how their mind works.

For starters, the INFP tends to receive all this chatter about being capable of deep feeling and for being a genius of emotion, etc. This may be true. However, in English at least, the word 'feeling' is generally associated with positivity. To 'feel' is considered a positive act and is generally ascribed to mean squishy soft feely happiness. In a clinical setting, though, the word feeling is simply the act of feeling. It doesn't mean good, bad or indifferent feelings. It just means feeling. And since the Jung System is a clinical system, we need to define the word feeling in a clinical way. Therefore, the INFP is completely capable of harboring evil, violent or even murderous feelings, in addition to happy ones. It's all a matter of who they are and what sort of internal landscape they reside in.

My sense of INFPs is that they are built with an enormous potential to do a lot of good, a lot of bad or both. And no matter which direction they point it, they will be remorseless and carry almost zero guilt. Their moral system is entirely subjective, self built, and will be defended to the death. They avoid culpability at all costs. Trod on their ideals and you will be swiftly disposed. Show them an empirically undeniable fact that is counter their core ideals and they will almost always spiral into a thinking hissy fit and irrationally fuel themselves into an emotional gorge fest trying to find a way to disprove what they can't deny factually by feeling their way out of it. Or more often, they will shut you out, the idea you delivered and everything within a 10-block radius that contradicts how they wish to feel. Why? Because they want to curate a certain feeling-scape and you just messed it up with something external and outside of their control. They are die hard self preservationists. To the point I've watched them self destruct, steal, inflict damage and even put others lives in danger to meet a need to feel a certain way. Said another way, they are prone to emotional manipulation in order to achieve a desired emotional (feeling) outcome. And they will systematically avoid data or observations that contradict any such outcome even if it means causing harm or ignoring the safety of themselves or those around them. This being why they are conflict averse.

In summation, I find them to be exceptionally stubborn, difficult to communicate with in a balanced way, and generally, dare I say, selfish. They are also prone to manipulate, although they won't tell you this. Mostly because they don't view it that way. Much like a person trying who is trying to win a debate will edit out points that damage their position, INFPs do this with emotions, and will do what they need to in order to manage the desired emotional outcome both inside themselves and in you, if they value something you've got or you are assisting in helping them achieve the feelings they wish to feel. Basically there is an inborn ability to view people as emotional tools for their own benefit. If they are in line with the common good, great. They're normally innocuous. If they are maladjusted or have ulterior motives, look out.

Saying all of this I gather you can now see that the INFP has a lot of potential. And that potential can go one of two ways ... effectively and fast.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=25547]faculae[/MENTION], that was both scathing (I'm guessing you have first-hand experience with unhealthy INFPs?) and insightful. Attunement to and manipulation of the inner feelingscape (hah) fits well, and explains why they have such consistent social presences.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So...how evil are we talking here?

faculae

MBTI Type
INTP
Honestly, I don't think there is a limit. The depth of whatever they execute is a direct function of the depth they are feeling it. So if it's extreme, I would guess you can anticipate a proportionate amount of extreme behavior in order to either maintain or flat out obtain the desired emotional outcome.

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fictional INFP baddies

Jervis Tetch from Batman - He is a self-loathing scientist who hates himself so much that he becomes the Mad Hatter, his favourite character from his favourite book, Alice in Wonderland. He falls in love with women and uses mind control through the technology he creates to control people around him and in some cases the women themselves into loving him and doing his will. In the child friendly incarnations; he only controls people's minds, only forces women on dates and tries to kill Batman (who tries to stop him) but in his darker incarnations he, stalks, sexually assaults, rapes, commits paedophilia, murders girls or sends them into the sex trade.

Prince John from Disney's Robin Hood - He is a childish adult prince who takes as much money from all his people so he can have all the money and all the jewels he wants. This means that all the poor people become even poorer and Robin Hood has to stop him.

Harry Osbourn from Amazing Spiderman 2 Movie - A young business owner who has a hereditary terminal disease is looking for a cure. He was never loved (vacant mother and a father that hated him) and his one friend (Peter Parker/ Spiderman) who may have a cure abandons him due to worrying about what the possible cure might do to him. He takes the possible cure by force and though it does prolong his life, it also drives him insane and he goes after his old friend for revenge.

Crabs

Permabanned
Jervis Tetch from Batman - He is a self-loathing scientist who hates himself so much that he becomes the Mad Hatter, his favourite character from his favourite book, Alice in Wonderland. He falls in love with women and uses mind control through the technology he creates to control people around him and in some cases the women themselves into loving him and doing his will. In the child friendly incarnations; he only controls people's minds, only forces women on dates and tries to kill Batman (who tries to stop him) but in his darker incarnations he, stalks, sexually assaults, rapes, commits paedophilia, murders girls or sends them into the sex trade.

I've never read the comics. The only version of that character I've seen was in the cartoon from the 90's and he didn't seem INFP to me at all. Mr. Freeze seemed to resonate more with the INFP description, imo.

The Mad Hatter strikes me as more of an ENTP.