User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 59 of 59

  1. #51
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well i might not be totally correct, lol... that is just how i see Fe as i understand it manifest in the Fe-dominants i actually know... and what i've come to understand from talking with Fe dom/aux on the site. the two easy shorthand terms i use for Fi/Fe are "about me"/"about you" and "intrapersonal/interpersonal". the "about __" seems to me where a lot of each of the function's issues come from. like Fi can be really self-absorbed - not necessarily even with oneself, but with a self - it's not very good at considering synergistic effects between people - but Fe can have this weird problem of thinking that all your behavior is about someone else. like you're expressing anger because you're mad at them, when really you're expressing it because you're upset with yourself. or with the more stereotypical examples, like if you forget to send a birthday card, then it's about not caring about the birthday person, instead of just you have a terrible memory and lost your calendar. and then for intra/inter - Fi likes to delve into individual persons. the self is our proving ground, but we can do it with others, too. whereas Fe likes to explore the links between people. it's good at how to create or destroy distance between people, etc.

    so basically then the way i picture it is Fi looks at people from the inside out, while Fe looks at them from the outside in. Fi starts with "about me" and then from the perspective of "me" looks at everyone else. whereas Fe starts with the perspective of "about you" and then from that perspective looks at "me". which is why Fe doms can understand others so well... because they've been concentrating on others and the space between themselves and others all their lives. so they are very good at using those tactics in that cognitiveprocesses definition - "The 'social graces,' such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling".

    also i think the lack of a Pi agenda is a big factor in interaction. Js usually have a predetermined agenda, whereas Ps often... float. we figure our goals out as we go. so a Fe dom or aux will almost always come to other people with a goal in mind - so they are more experienced at "moving" those people around to line them up to not get in the way of their goal (or even to help their goal), whereas Ps don't really do that, and when we finally get into a situation where we want/need to, we are like wtf?

    in general i think what i understand best of Fe, i've picked up from watching my mom and good Fe dominant friend... and also like vala and LL have said, "mirroring".



    yeah totally. it's being a good people person sometimes but also being completely sometimes!
    I like the way you worded it. That makes a lot of sense to me. Hi, can I hire you as my type interpretor please?

    I think my biggest blind spot at times is when I am talking to people who have a problem, I automatically try their emotions on through my perspective... and I have to switch it up and try to think about it more from their perspective.

    This also helps explain further why I was so angry with my dad for wanting to date/remarry so soon after my mom passed away. I was looking at it through the lens of "If I did this after my spouse died, what would it mean?" instead of "What is my dad's perspective and thought process in regards to this."

    The last lightbulb in my brain just dinged to "on."

  2. #52
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Interesting. I never thought of it as mirroring per se. I just kind of attributed it to being empathic with people.

    Explains why I dislike dating men who get angry easily. I don't like being angry myself.

    Hehe, yeah, I can see that. I can appreciate the passion that 'angry' men display, but not if they don't have control over it. Then it's just like having a 5 year old elephant storming through the room :rolli:

    Keep in mind though that you're INFP and I'm (most likely) ENFP. I use aux Fi, which is the parent role. It means that I use Fi to 'love' others. To take care of others, whereas you connect with others through Ne (more joking and bantering). You live Fi, while I live Ne. I'll banter and be random and crazy all by myself and don't need to 'click' with someone to flip my silly switch (though it most definitely can be fun as well). In fact, I find that when I'm in Ne mode, it's harder to access Fi and 'read' others which can make me go overboard without realizing others are bothered by it. I try to avoid that, by using Fi to reach out to others. I always find it interesting that when INFPs finally let loose and connect to others, they can joke and banter and make everyone laugh..I'm even a bit jealous of it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #53
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Hehe, yeah, I can see that. I can appreciate the passion that 'angry' men display, but not if they don't have control over it. Then it's just like having a 5 year old elephant storming through the room :rolli:

    Keep in mind though that you're INFP and I'm (most likely) ENFP. I use aux Fi, which is the parent role. It means that I use Fi to 'love' others. To take care of others, whereas you connect with others through Ne (more joking and bantering). You live Fi, while I live Ne. I'll banter and be random and crazy all by myself and don't need to 'click' with someone to flip my silly switch (though it most definitely can be fun as well). In fact, I find that when I'm in Ne mode, it's harder to access Fi and 'read' others which can make me go overboard without realizing others are bothered by it. I try to avoid that, by using Fi to reach out to others. I always find it interesting that when INFPs finally let loose and connect to others, they can joke and banter and make everyone laugh..I'm even a bit jealous of it
    Haha, yes I can be quite the class clown type when I am hanging out with my friends. Especially (and I usually do) if there are some other NPs in the crowd as well.

    Fi is a pretty land. I have a herd of unicorns that trot through daily, and my flock of doves look like a rainbow. My Ne shrubbery maze is where the party is at however. Lots going on there. Some things I don't even want to know about. Feel (haha) free to pop by sometime. I can show you the flower garden. I just planted some dinner plate dahlias.


  4. #54
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    See, my Ne provides a fantasy land where popsicles pop like daisies from the ground, chocolate candy rains from the skies and I get to try out the craziest recipes ever. Aside from that, I can teleport from my Pillow Fort to my Blue Lagoon, to any other awesome location I can just think up and change within a second from Seductress to Crazy Kitty, Wise Woman, Ominous Witch, Champion of Justice to Fragile little Flower, and have thorns emerging when least expected

    With people though, I try to always provide a safe haven for them to be who they are. For them to unwind. To not have to pretend for a moment and give them a chance to recharge. An oasis of peace, entertainment, love, and nourishment, free from judgement, responsibilities and pressure. A much earned reprieve from a very demanding world
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #55
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    ^

    The bigger the groups, the harder it is, the more effort it requires (more people to scan) and the bigger the head ache. I have to remind myself that superficial scans are all I need as I tend to be too thorough, causing me to take *forever* to scan a group and giving me all kinds of irreconcilable information, causing even more headaches. The key is to look for the common denominator and the crude, main headlines/patterns within the group. Not my favorite way of working, but it substantially decreases the head aches and confusion
    A-fucking-men! Tell it! ;D
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #56
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    See, my Ne provides a fantasy land where popsicles pop like daisies from the ground, chocolate candy rains from the skies and I get to try out the craziest recipes ever. Aside from that, I can teleport from my Pillow Fort to my Blue Lagoon, to any other awesome location I can just think up and change within a second from Seductress to Crazy Kitty, Wise Woman, Ominous Witch, Champion of Justice to Fragile little Flower, and have thorns emerging when least expected

    With people though, I try to always provide a safe haven for them to be who they are. For them to unwind. To not have to pretend for a moment and give them a chance to recharge. An oasis of peace, entertainment, love, and nourishment, free from judgement, responsibilities and pressure. A much earned reprieve from a very demanding world
    Dude. Seriously. Why can't I know someone cool like you IRL who 'gets it'????
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #57
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Dude. Seriously. Why can't I know someone cool like you IRL who 'gets it'????
    I've wondered the same about you

    It would be nice to know at least *one* person irl who is a) a girl and b) does not require me to reign my craziness in all the time
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #58
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ENFPs dont use Fe, but they have other ways of getting the same results. ENFPs tend to mirror others strongly(small study showed that much more than any other types), in other words use empathy. this puts them into same position in many situations than usage of Fe would, same result, different way of getting to it.
    I use Fe all the time, it's just only with those close to me (everyone else sees my icy Te/3w4 front lol). honestly, I would use Fe a lot more if my ego weren't like "ugh, I feel like a disgusting leech using this emotional whore of a function" I think a lot of NFPs have good Fe, but we don't go around puking it all over people like EFJs do (we puke Ne on people lol). lots of NFPs are excellent care takers who are great at catering to their loved one's needs and offering emotional support and encouragement. just ask Viridian or Hazeshin, I use plenty of Fe with them
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #59
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I use Fe all the time, it's just only with those close to me (everyone else sees my icy Te/3w4 front lol). honestly, I would use Fe a lot more if my ego weren't like "ugh, I feel like a disgusting leech using this emotional whore of a function" I think a lot of NFPs have good Fe, but we don't go around puking it all over people like EFJs do (we puke Ne on people lol). lots of NFPs are excellent care takers who are great at catering to their loved one's needs and offering emotional support and encouragement. just ask Viridian or Hazeshin, I use plenty of Fe with them
    Fe isnt about emotional whoring, care taking, catering, replying to others needs or offering emotional support or encouragement. F = answering to questions "what is it worth/is it worth it or not?", in extraverted attitude, you are looking at the question based on external standards, in introverted attitude, you are looking at this based on internal standards. underlined proofs that its not Fe you are using, you are doing the judgment about this stuff based on your internal standards. naturally internal standards can tell you about external stuff if you have judged(or adapted an judgment about) value of external things, that is based on internal standards. Fi = do i think doing this is the right thing to do, Fe = this is the right thing to do. but Fi links itself with Te and Fe links itself with Ti
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ-constant tug of war between liking people and needing my own space
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 08:39 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 09:45 AM
  3. [ENFP] Ugh, ENFP, awkward conversations... Lack of Fe/S?
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 04:02 AM
  4. For my lack of empathy, today..
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO