User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Oh, Okay. Then you conceed that it is not impossible for ENFP's to use Fe, but that it is simply, unlikely.

But thank you for the info, this is something I will have to do more reading on.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay cool...that was all very interesting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    How do you figure reciprocality is not important in expressing love?
    Huh? I meant that the hypothetical Fe is not the important thing but and that I use mine for reciprocality. Any emotionally healthy person will show some reciprocation in their own way to the people that they care about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I relate to the OP.....I largely regard my lack of Fe-associated traits as a flaw.

Oh, Okay. Then you conceed that it is not impossible for ENFP's to use Fe, but that it is simply, unlikely.
    Generally, an NFP will "mimic" Fe-associated behavior by transferring Fi ideals into Ne ideas, basically perceiving ways to finally express their feelings in the real world. However, this tends to make our expressions more individual & original, instead of appropriate & according to customary modes, as Fe expressions tend to be. It will still have an air of Fe-associated warmth, caring, self-sacrifice, etc, though, because these are really indicative of a Feeling mindset & its aim for harmony, but Fi just keeps these feelings more gaurded and/or rejects typical ways of expressing them, preferring to wait until a method that matches the depth of its feeling can be found.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So wait, INTP, would you subscribe to what I referred to as Fi-inspired Fe for ENFPs?

(basically, from an Fi value recognizing social etiquette is important to the person in front of you and using Ne to figure out the system behind it, so you can then 'mirror' at them what makes them feel comfortable, much the same way as you naturally do with people and anything you learn about them anyways)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post

(basically, from an Fi value recognizing social etiquette is important to the person in front of you and using Ne to figure out the system behind it, so you can then 'mirror' at them what makes them feel comfortable, much the same way as you naturally do with people and anything you learn about them anyways)
    Yup, it's indeed called "mirroring" and is a really good tactic for Fe-tards, like me.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

That's why I'm initially "quiet" at social gatherings; I'm using antennae to pick up on these things and sort them and find patterns. Once I find someone I'm naturally comfy with and "can be myself" OR discover the social dynamic, I "open up," which initially makes me look "introverted."

The most frustrating thing is when a social dynamic is so foreign that you can't adopt it authentically. Makes me feel dirty, and I leave feeling drained because I invested so much energy into being something I'm not and leaving unsatisfied. Because as an extravert, I need external energy, which I'm not getting because I have to deal with all this bullshit.

That's why I hate parties and clubs. In addition to the fact that I cannot filter background notice, which renders me 'deaf' and makes it almost impossible to pick up the necessary input to fit in anyway. Or I can't fit in anyway even if I did.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^

The bigger the groups, the harder it is, the more effort it requires (more people to scan) and the bigger the head ache. I have to remind myself that superficial scans are all I need as I tend to be too thorough, causing me to take *forever* to scan a group and giving me all kinds of irreconcilable information, causing even more headaches. The key is to look for the common denominator and the crude, main headlines/patterns within the group. Not my favorite way of working, but it substantially decreases the head aches and confusion
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    it's always easy to spot a Fe dom/aux, though, because they have a wonderful "smoothness" with people. it's just like they know how to glide along and glide others along with them. like they're moving through water or something. my mom can go into a store with something to return because it was broken and she'll come out with three new friends and a handful of free coupons, in addition to her new not-broken item.
    This is a great way of putting it. XXFJs make me feel like a flailing idiot in comparison. XNFPs in particular seem to be bound to create spikey peaks and troughs when relating to others, without the consistent flow that Fe provides. I can create a connection but struggle to maintain it and it all quickly comes apart with crazy comments or behaviour - it doesn't inspire the same confidence.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

But thank you for the info, this is something I will have to do more reading on.
    Fe = directly judging value of things(is it worth it or not) according to external standards
    Fi = using internal standards to judge value of things

Fi users always use internal judgment of values in the end(is it valuable enough for me). even if they would see value of things in external world(empathizing from Fi), the decision comes from inside. if something goes against their own value judgments(Fi), they simply refuse to do so, naturally its not this simple as you can look one thing from multiple angles, something might not have enough value to act accordingly, but if you look at it from different angle it might have some other value, so you might go with it even tho it goes against some internal value standards.
    for example, you dont like to take it in the butt, but your boyfriend does. you might let him do so, even tho its not valuable for you, when you look at it from the angle of what you like. but then you look at it from the angle of, you love your boyfriend and want to please him. this is not Fe, even tho it might lead to same outcome as usage of Fe would. you let him, because you love your boyfriend, so its valuable for you to please him and go against your own wants. -> it just looks like Fe, but its not. NFPs dont use Fe, because there is always the criteria of value for self. also there are other factors not related to functions, like if you were raised to please others, but this again is learned value for self.
    Fe user would look at what value it has to his boyfriend, naturally using Ti abstraction on things like if his dick is so big that it would rip the virgin butt, and therefore judge that its not worth it, again this would look like Fi, because its judging F(e) introverted(Ti).

its same with Ne and Se. Ne users doesent use Se, because Se = direct perception of external world to conscious. Ne does similar thing, but it goes to unconscious processing first, that links up the details, seeing where they came from and where they could be going(this way constructing big picture view on external things). naturally Ne user can see details too, but they dont come directly to conscious mind, conscious mind needs to focus on them after perceiving the big picture. again it might seem like the Ne user is using Se and it can lead to similar outcomes(perception of details), but its not Se, because Ne user perceives external world from unconscious first, instead perceiving it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    So wait, INTP, would you subscribe to what I referred to as Fi-inspired Fe for ENFPs?

its not Fi ispired Fe, because you are using your internal judgment on judging the value value, its simply Fi that has been empathized(by Ne) or/and Ne abstracted(by Fi).

would you care about its value to other person if the person(or the situation being smooth for you and people you do care about) didnt have any value for you? or would you dislike to mirror someone who is pissed off?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read