First 1234 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ENFPs dont use Fe, but they have other ways of getting the same results. ENFPs tend to mirror others strongly(small study showed that much more than any other types), in other words use empathy. this puts them into same position in many situations than usage of Fe would, same result, different way of getting to it.

I don't understand. If ENFP's don't use Fe, then why do cog tests show me as NeFi/FeNi? I thought that ALL of the cog processes can be available to someone.. but the PREFERENCE for an ENFP is just NefiTeSi. I've seen other people, even INTJ's comment on how they have both very high Te/Ti functions.. etc. I also read at some point that you can use your not preferred functions, but one tends to use a darker or more negative side.. shadow?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Lol...Intp, looks like you're going to have to be arsed to explain to your favorite type why you just took an option that their Ne is fond of, away from them

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Extroverting feeling isn't the important part. Loving people is. If you truly love others, you'll make it known to them without having to exert too much effort.
    Yeah, that's really all its about. It gets talked about like some "panzy function" where Fe users are going around hugging people all the time. Thing is, it's not contrived behavior. It's just natural for the Fe user to do this. It comes easily. If you love someone, why not show it? Why hold it in? Why keep it veiled? Why keep them guessing or in the dark? Just express it already and be done with it. That's how Fe feels to me anyways. I think there's a misconception that the Fe user "tries really hard" (goes out of their way) to be loving and to be on everyone's good side. It's just behavior that comes naturally. If you care, then express it. Simple.

On the other hand, I will say that Fe can definitely be overdone at times - to the point where the Fe user seems kind of fake and cares to much about their "image" and what others think about them. Just like an INTP can get "stuck" in Ti and become a Ti-whore, so can ExFJ's become stuck and fixated in Fe.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Te will pick up some of that organizational slack once you get into it. And it's easier to access than Fe (with it's almighty guilttrip). I've found that in larger groups, when I have to be present, Fe comes in handy actually in doing the social proper distance thingy and keeping an eye on the group instead of the individuals in that group. I tend to try and mimick Fe in groups, while using Fi one on one. Whenever I try Fe one on one, I somehow fuck up and end up sometimes sounding passive aggressive. Still working on that. (sorry INTP, I disagree that with your notion that I don't use Fe )

Fe is a tool in my kit that I use to assess groups and recognize if it's safe to go Fi and follow my gut to go talk to the one person I find intriguing and Fi the shit out of them (coz Fi leaves me blind to what's going on in the group). It acts like a compass I sometimes check in on (and oftentimes forget I have )
    Yes, Yes I considered this too. That I'm actually recognizing the benefits of Fe-ish behavior.. but may have to push on Te more to bring this about....
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Just use Te to sort out the distance oriented organized shit with, coz otherwise people will flip (Te not good face to face when making nice with people, at least not the way we use it). Go for actual Fi motivated Fe in groups
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Anew Leaf

(Sigh. This is going to become the new INTP vs INTJ thread.)

Anyways... I understand Huxley's main point quite well. I don't have time to go as in depth as I would like about this, but I have a lot to say regarding this "issue."

Warning: James Joyceeqsue stream of consciousness is incoming.

In brief, I am not sure that things such as "sending cards" have to be Fe per se. My ENFP mom was the queen of sending cards to mark birthdays, holidays, and those "special" days that are unique to all of us. She always remembered the sad days for people (the anniversary of someone dying for example) and would call, send a card, or flowers/gift. When I was a teenager, these things didn't come naturally for me at all... but I do it now because I was able to see the joy people got from my mom doing this. Hmm, so maybe Fe is where this doesn't have to be a learned nature? Interesting thought. I am actually very good at remembering odd details and dates about people's lives. If someone tells me any kind of important date in their lives I store it away for future reference.

The more I learn about Fe, the more I feel sort of.... "useless" in comparison. But perhaps the real idea should be to learn to harness my Fi more and verbalize it.

Ok, that's all I have time for. Tune in later today for more Rambling Tales of the INFP by Saturned.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    The more I learn about Fe, the more I feel sort of.... "useless" in comparison.
    Noooooooooo! Don't feel that way. You guys are just as awesome as Fe users. I guess I know what you mean cuz I sometimes watch ENTJ's and think that my Ti useless. Like - they actually *use it*................with people! *gasp*

Bottom line though is we are who we are. We can learn from other types, but we shouldn't feel like we are less than them. Like, Fe could learn a bit of discretion from Fi. And learn from Fi not to exude so much fakery. We all have our strengths.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I don't understand. If ENFP's don't use Fe, then why do cog tests show me as NeFi/FeNi? I thought that ALL of the cog processes can be available to someone.. but the PREFERENCE for an ENFP is just NefiTeSi. I've seen other people, even INTJ's comment on how they have both very high Te/Ti functions.. etc. I also read at some point that you can use your not preferred functions, but one tends to use a darker or more negative side.. shadow?
    me too exactly! i always test highest on those 4 functions and i agree more with cognitive function theory than just okay you're an enfp because those two are your highest...yes they are so slap the enfp label on me and i will be in the same category as all the others that also score highest on those but i can see the difference amongst us...i can tell some use more fe than others or some use more te or si or se or ti...i can see/feel the difference and there's no fucking way i'm going to believe that just because we all share those 4 letters that we share the exact preferences for all the functions. that's totally ridiculous.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Noooooooooo! Don't feel that way. You guys are just as awesome as Fe users. I guess I know what you mean cuz I sometimes watch ENTJ's and think that my Ti useless. Like - they actually *use it*................with people! *gasp*

Bottom line though is we are who we are. We can learn from other types, but we shouldn't feel like we are less than them. Like, Fe could learn a bit of discretion from Fi. And learn from Fi not to exude so much fakery. We all have our strengths.
    I wonder if xNFJs/xNTJs feel the same about Ne/Ni...

Glycerine

Fe is not the important thing. Showing respect and boundaries for others and yourself is the important thing. Fe for me is about reciprocality.