• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do enfps have a Te complex ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do they ? They talk about it in every second thread, moreso than ever about their Fi. While in comparison the likelyhood of an entp talking about his / her dick is higher than talking about Fe.

Is there a correlation ? Why this obsession, do you like to be dominated or love pain in relationships ? What is the key I am missing here and how late is it ?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How do you think they catch INTJs? Using a Te net of course!

ENFP: I have this vague notion of something but a really clear directive. What to do?
INTJ: Here you go problem solved, aspiration achieved.
ENFP: <3 Marry me
INTJ: Yes milady, continue to provide input.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A Te dom looking for a Te net to be catched ? That sounds unhealthy in my book. isnt a relationship more about fulfillment that the one part does fulfill the other ?

Damnit now you made me answer my own question, I wanted to spare that for later :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
A Te dom looking for a Te net to be catched ? That sounds unhealthy in my book. isnt a relationship more about fulfillment that the one part does fulfill the other ?

Damnit now you made me answer my own question, I wanted to spare that for later :)

You're argument would seem to be that opposition is better than commonality simply because it 'fills the blanks'. I might postulate that relationships are intended to maximise synergy. Enough difference to create benefit but enough similarity to understand the value in one another?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i imagine we talk about it more in general because it's interesting, a mystery to us. as Ne-Fi we're kind of curious floaty compassionate things but then along comes the direct, commanding Te, which seems like an anomaly. sometimes i feel like Fi and Te are almost completely oppositional. individual-wise, it can come in a lot of different flavors/feels, and it can really change how we process and behave... some ENFPs don't really use much at all, while some use so much they're not sure they are ENFP for a long time.

me personally, it helps me navigate the practical world a lot. i cringe at the idea of not having it. i like my logical side... that i can take an argument and shoot holes in it, that i can organize, that i can mobilize, etc. it's also nice to not always have to FEEEEL DEEEPLY a la Fi, and just get shit taken care of. i don't know if Fe feels that way for ENTPs - it seems more like you guys could take it or leave it. like it's convenient but not super important. whereas i would really not want to lose the Te. it'd be like this post, sans logical organization. dear god.

as for relationships... i like someone who can take my yelling and storming when i'm upset and just shut it down completely. INTJs can do this, i know. with Fe it feels like i'm walking on glass sometimes... like i can't just have the freedom to be angry without hurting others - because even though Fi is all about me, Fe is all about "you". Fe users seem to frequently think that when i'm upset, it's about them, when it basically never is. whereas with a Te user they can usually just see that i'm extraverting personal upset, and correspondingly tell me to calm the fuck down, which is exactly what i need. not that everyone is like that, of course.

i suppose i like to be dominated in the sense that i like someone who can look my storm in the face and not get thrown off by it. i like having the security of someone who can handle me at my worst, essentially. that's incredibly attractive to me. i don't like anyone that i can sway too easily... you know how it is, to be a Ne dom. how people tend to believe the shit you talk about even though you don't really have any intention of convincing anyone but yourself while you're theorizing. how people tend to just go along with you. i like someone who can stand up to that, someone i actually have to work to convince. i don't know how much that has to do with Te specifically, though.

as for pain... sure, some friendly pain is good. :devil:

InvisibleJim said:
Enough difference to create benefit but enough similarity to understand the value in one another?

:yes:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be useless without it. It's what makes me a worthwhile being.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
fullfilment goes in german more in the direction of meaning which is synergy, it doesnt mean to fill the blanks. I wasnt thinking of the superhuman pair who is good in all functions in the end.

There was a topic once when we said that because Fe in an entp is the only real extroverted function in the line of functions from top to bottom, they'd act out of it most of the times. I dont necessarily think that's wrong but if it was true there is definitly a lesson to be learned in that case, which is neglecting the second function in ones own understanding and reflection of self can lead to problems.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, and I'm afraid of mine *prods Te in its cage*

*throws cage down an oubliette*
And that, as they say, is that.

I'll stick with refining Fi as much as possible, thank you very much :ninja:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hey dont kill the messenger, I am just reading the forums, Te this Te that.

Whats an oubliette ? :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do we discuss te that much? i don't see it being discussed more than ne or fi at all and i see entps using fe just as often as we use te... i guess i don't understand the point of your thread. :/

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll try the dutch: een vergeetput :smile:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll try the dutch: een vergeetput :smile:

album-015.jpg

this is what i got when i google image'd that :laugh:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
do we discuss te that much? i don't see it being discussed more than ne or fi at all and i see entps using fe just as often as we use te... i guess i don't understand the point of your thread. :/

He is an Ne dominant and he is feeling left out. It is clear that creating a random thread will solve all of the issues here.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh of course...i forget that people do that haha

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some definately *seem* to have the underactive Fi, leading to NE-Te complex going on, imho. =)

"If Fi is, for some reason, poorly developed, NeTe may create an unpredictable and volatile personality torn between desire for admiration of his creative expressions and a need to uphold and enforce objective order on the world around him. One of the best examples of "NeTe loop" that I can think of is Steve Carrell's character on the American version of The Office--deathly desirous of the approval and adulation of his employees (Ne), he snaps abruptly into Te mode and begins barking orders and criticisms whenever his attempts to reach out for personal connections (Fi) are rejected. As a defense mechanism against feelings of being personally attacked, Te takes the opportunity to remind everyone of his objectively enforceable authority ("The Boss") in order to make others feel as belittled as he does by what he sees as their deliberate and inhumane rejection of the value of his personal identity. Later, Ne reminds him that he's not going to get anyone to like him with that sort of behavior, and Fi feels bad for upsetting people--it knows all too well what that feels like--but he's not getting the kind of validation that an ENFP thrives on, so his Fi is forced to hide behind an angry, exaggerated Te mask."

But look at how important Te is for us

"While young ENFPs may often lack direction or consistent attention to detail earlier in life, the introduction of tertiary Te begins to produce the realization that, simply put, not everything can be turned into play time--and although we should choose our careers around that which we find fulfilling, we also must learn to put up with some uninteresting activities and press forward in the name of realistic results. When applied tastefully and in balance with Ne and Fi, tertiary Te will grant the ENFP some unexpected leadership abilities: willing to experiment with different ideas, but with an eye on the creation and scheduled completion of realistic steps. Te should, ideally, assist Ne in the realization of its visions for the future: by thinking concretely about the necessary procedures and the (sometimes externally imposed!) judgments of those in positions of authority, the ENFP will find he can, occasionally, set aside his personal feelings aside in favor of getting more important matters under control. Bearing a realistic agenda with measurable checkpoints for tangible progress, Te creates a (sometimes sorely missed) sense of the realities of how business is handled in a self-interested world."

To put it mildly, ENFP's REQUIRE development of tertiary Te to effectively function in the real world. So ya, you probably DO see ENFP's that have started to develop this.. and they are like "holy shit! I am not doomed to be a crazed lunatic! I have found a way to bring these ideas to fruition!"

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A hole in the ground where you put things you wanna forget about. There, better? :alttongue:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Some definately *seem* to have the underactive Fi, leading to NE-Te complex going on, imho. =)

"If Fi is, for some reason, poorly developed, NeTe may create an unpredictable and volatile personality torn between desire for admiration of his creative expressions and a need to uphold and enforce objective order on the world around him. One of the best examples of "NeTe loop" that I can think of is Steve Carrell's character on the American version of The Office--deathly desirous of the approval and adulation of his employees (Ne), he snaps abruptly into Te mode and begins barking orders and criticisms whenever his attempts to reach out for personal connections (Fi) are rejected. As a defense mechanism against feelings of being personally attacked, Te takes the opportunity to remind everyone of his objectively enforceable authority ("The Boss") in order to make others feel as belittled as he does by what he sees as their deliberate and inhumane rejection of the value of his personal identity. Later, Ne reminds him that he's not going to get anyone to like him with that sort of behavior, and Fi feels bad for upsetting people--it knows all too well what that feels like--but he's not getting the kind of validation that an ENFP thrives on, so his Fi is forced to hide behind an angry, exaggerated Te mask."

But look at how important Te is for us

"While young ENFPs may often lack direction or consistent attention to detail earlier in life, the introduction of tertiary Te begins to produce the realization that, simply put, not everything can be turned into play time--and although we should choose our careers around that which we find fulfilling, we also must learn to put up with some uninteresting activities and press forward in the name of realistic results. When applied tastefully and in balance with Ne and Fi, tertiary Te will grant the ENFP some unexpected leadership abilities: willing to experiment with different ideas, but with an eye on the creation and scheduled completion of realistic steps. Te should, ideally, assist Ne in the realization of its visions for the future: by thinking concretely about the necessary procedures and the (sometimes externally imposed!) judgments of those in positions of authority, the ENFP will find he can, occasionally, set aside his personal feelings aside in favor of getting more important matters under control. Bearing a realistic agenda with measurable checkpoints for tangible progress, Te creates a (sometimes sorely missed) sense of the realities of how business is handled in a self-interested world."

To put it mildly, ENFP's REQUIRE development of tertiary Te to effectively function in the real world. So ya, you probably DO see ENFP's that have started to develop this.. and they are like "holy shit! I am not doomed to be a crazed lunatic! I have found a way to bring these ideas to fruition!"

In matters of organizing and management I can understand that. Still its not really Te you need for that, because for example entps can become good at that aswell and can function in the world properly and they dont have Te. So there needs to be something deeper involved.

I often read enfps saying that "they'll put the matter down with Te". The thing tho is that Te isnt really like a flaming sword of subjectivity, no its quite the contrary. its an element you use to try to shed light on things objectively and usually its not intended to be used as a weapon. Therefore I see a dangerous mix up between Fi and Te for enfps here. While intjs prolly would promote putting things down with force and the enfp is likely to be made their little pawn, the problem persists that when the enfp would be left alone, he'd lack the defensive backup by the intj. This could be a problem when he hasnt focussed until then on the really important thing which is Fi.

This really just an idea, do with it what you want, I am envious that I wont be ever accepted in the enfp-intj club, still I like to expand my knowledge of the World.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Meh, I get tired of hearing that ENFP's are INTJ's little pawns. I dated an INTJ for over a year.. and got him to engage in all kinds of irrational shenanigans with minimal effort. I won't go into too much detail, but I even got him to cry like a little girl in the bedroom a few times :devil: I captured some of those tears and they've been selling on EBAY for $4500.00 a pop.

BUt uh, onto your theory.. you'd have to throw out more info than "noticing a Te complex".. what exactly are you noticing? Saying your going to put something down with Te doesn't really mean much. Have you seen it in action? Perhaps ENFP's have heard that the development of Te is important, and they are grasping at straws trying to convince themselves (or others) they have it? I've noticed a few sigs that say something like "ENFP with KICKASS Te"... I think it's kinda funny though. I might update my sig to say "ENFP with KICKASS Janis Joplin Kareoke skills" =)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*considers INFP once more*